Not impressed with Dak in the last month 1/2

CWR

Reaction score
…...maybe, just maybe the coaching is just bad. We seem to be Detroit South with the coaching. Dan Orlasky coming next from behind the desk?

I agree. I think hes been coached to become a pocket passer and limit his running. Which is fine to an extent but hes passed up a lot of opportunities to get chunk plays and first downs. Hes not the fastest, but he is still a very mobile qb. We should be taking advantage of his strong suits not limiting him. His break down in mechanics I can also contribute to coaching and the offense breaking down in general. Dak does need to get better, but coaching matters.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
How much more can he improve after 4 full years in the league? He can tinker with things here and there but he's gonna be who he is after 4 years
That’s not true for quarterbacks. Goff, Wentz and hell even Jamies Winston are still improving. Ryan Tannenhill is still improving.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Mahomes was picked at 10. Watson at 12. Brady in the 6th round. Wilson in the 3rd. Rodgers I forgot but t was a later round. It’s perfectly reasonable and profound to get a QB at 17 in the first round. QB is a problem. Maybe not a #1 problem, but definitely in the top 5 or 6 problems behind coaching, defense, and special teams.

I’m tired of this “drafting is a crapshoot” narrative. Did that stop the Chiefs from overthrowing Alex Smith to get Mahomes? Nope. Did it stop the Texans from getting Watson? No. Did it stop the Ravens from getting Jackson? No. Need I continue? Teams take RISKS. Risks PAY OFF majority of the time. Dallas must’ve really gotten into your head because you’re settling for mediocrity just like Jerry Jones and Jason Garrett. Yes, I want to use our first round pick on a QB and save the rest for defense. Get a new punter in FA or a undrafted rookie.

Edit: do not rule out trading. It may take a lot, but I say we attempt to make a trade for Mahomes. He’s cheap right now and has a good mentality and his an amazing QB with a high ceiling.
Why in the hell would Chiefs give up Mahomes?

bigE79

Reaction score
Where do you get that he’s a bus driver? He passed for almost 5000 yards this season and had 30 TDs. You call that a bus driver? He carried the Cowboys for most of the season. Some of you need to take the blinders off to get a better view of what he did this season. He had three 400 yard games this season and that’s a bus driver? lol
It's funny reading this,so many here on this board and in the media called Romo a stats Qb that always choked and couldn't win the big games but now since it's dak now,all we hear about now are all his stats and Qb rating and how great he is, hypocrisy at its best and to be more blunt,at every level in his playing career,has he ever beat out the starting Qb? I'm including hs,, college and now pro? I'll make it easy for you,the answer is a big fat NO..he only got the job because of injury and that's facts...If he was on any other team,most here would be saying the same things you say about Goff ,Wence, etc..

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Yea he carried us to 8-8. We spent more time trying to make Dak the focal point and ignored our best player. When Zeke is the focal point we go to the playoffs. When Dak is the focal point we go 8-8.

Guess Romo was a bus driver too ......... or you could be smart enough to see that its the coaching staff.

zenmastersauce

Reaction score
Jeez Brees had surgery on his hand/finger came back and played with it taped up, Mahomes played hurt also
But as has been understood everywhere not everyone one is Brady, Brees or Mahomes. There are the elite, the good, the great, and the bad. J Winston was a number 1 and he is the bad. Mahomes is a special talent he is elite. Brady has always done it he is great. Dak is just good. The comparisons to make it seem he is so ridiculously bad that anyone can step in and do better is laughable.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I think he looked better this year than in previous years when it came to putting up stats. But in previous years, he was better in the clutch. HE has a lot a lot of room for improvement. I think he really needs to improve presnap and in the redzone. He was mediocre in the redzone. Great qbs are really good in the redzone no matter who they play. He also needs to get more consistent with his mechanics and that'll stop him from throwing behind the receiver.

2-1 in his last 3 games. 300 yards and 4 td’s this week. #1 in passing yards in the nfl and lead the #1 offense in football. All that with the horrid Garrett coaching and zeke in a Cabo daze for 2/3 of the year.

did I mention he was 1 yard away from breaking the all time cowboys passing record?

any other silly comments?

Wapp5200

Reaction score
I think he looked better this year than in previous years when it came to putting up stats. But in previous years, he was better in the clutch. HE has a lot a lot of room for improvement. I think he really needs to improve presnap and in the redzone. He was mediocre in the redzone. Great qbs are really good in the redzone no matter who they play. He also needs to get more consistent with his mechanics and that'll stop him from throwing behind the receiver.
Would not give h in m 30 plus million a year

TwentyOne

Reaction score

I wasnt impressed by him since he entered the league.

He had 3 games this season where i took notice to see if he really made improvements. But then he showed he didnt.

He is and will be a bus driver who needs A LOT of talent around him to be successfull. And even with that he wont be able to compete in the postseason.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Nonsense. He’s only a starter by Dallas standards. On almost every other team in the league that isn’t desperate for a QB, he’d be a backup. Only reason he’s a starter here is because A.) We have no other options B.) We always settle for mediocrity and C.) Jerry Jones is an idiot at the GM position.

LOL. What a great great sig!

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Read this thread.

Then, explain how your reply is even remotely an option.

I have read this stupid thread ....... and all the other threads this troll starts ........ you should do some research before you blindly hitch your wagon to him.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I’ve been more impressed than ever. I knew he was tough, but playing with a torn ligament in his throwing shoulder took it to another level. And he never used it as an excuse even with all the crap like this post he had to put up with.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Going to guess if you go back and look at when he hit his hand on a helmet as part of a follow through your disappointment would begin there.
He was pretty clearly not right after that and outside a few stretches never seemed to touch his earlier season accuracy.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He played with an injured finger and shoulder that final month. He clearly regressed later in the year probably due to injuries but he still had a very solid season.
:muttley:

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Dak actually isn't that bad in the red zone. Prescott has played 63 games and has thrown 54 touchdowns, and 6 interceptions. To put that in a historical perspective against some of the best since 2016 Wentz has played 55 career games and his numbers in the red zone are 72 touchdown passes, and 2 interceptions. Tom Brady has played 59 games and has thrown 76 touchdowns, and 4 interceptions, Drew Brees has played 57 games and has thrown 81 touchdowns, and 5 interceptions, Aaron Rodgers has played 54 games and has 75 touchdowns, and 3 interceptions, and Russell Wilson has played 63 games and thrown 83 touchdowns, and 4 interceptions.

He is right up there with the best in football over the last 4 years.

starfan1

Reaction score
Hey I got an idea let’s start another thread about the qb that isn’t going anywhere only this time we’ll just word it different lol.goong to be a wonderful offseason

going fishing? Must be on pappys payroll

What a noble and new idea

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
I have read this stupid thread ....... and all the other threads this troll starts ........ you should do some research before you blindly hitch your wagon to him.

I’m not hitching my wagon to him. I asked you to read the thread and then explain how your reply is a plausible option given what is in this thread.

Lol