Not rooting for us to lose but

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
After being on the fence about Garrett over the past several seasons, I'm really just sick of looking at him. I don't care about the clapping. I don't care about the whole "puppet" narrative. I'm just sick of the monotone delivery week in and week out of "the process and RKG's." I think that was a good approach in the beginning but I think the players are sick of hearing about it as well.

At this point, I see us going 1 of 2 ways...we play well enough to maybe go 9-7 and have an outside chance to slip into the playoffs, giving Jerry just enough hope that maybe next year is the year, again...or the bottom falls out, we finish up 6 and 10 with no 1st round pick next year and he finally is out of rope.

I'll never root for our team to fail...but if it means an overhaul of the HC and maybe the offensive coordinator, I'm not going to mourn the loss of another season. I've seen enough of Garret to know what he is by now...average. In the realm of coaching he is JAG.

Like I said, I'm just sick of looking at him. Go bring the process to someone else and let them deal with it. We need a shot of adrenaline from hungry new coach.

75boyz

Reaction score
After being on the fence about Garrett over the past several seasons, I'm really just sick of looking at him. I don't care about the clapping. I don't care about the whole "puppet" narrative. I'm just sick of the monotone delivery week in and week out of "the process and RKG's." I think that was a good approach in the beginning but I think the players are sick of hearing about it as well.

At this point, I see us going 1 of 2 ways...we play well enough to maybe go 9-7 and have an outside chance to slip into the playoffs, giving Jerry just enough hope that maybe next year is the year, again...or the bottom falls out, we finish up 6 and 10 with no 1st round pick next year and he finally is out of rope.

I'll never root for our team to fail...but if it means an overhaul of the HC and maybe the offensive coordinator, I'm not going to mourn the loss of another season. I've seen enough of Garret to know what he is by now...average. In the realm of coaching he is JAG.

Like I said, I'm just sick of looking at him. Go bring the process to someone else and let them deal with it. We need a shot of adrenaline from hungry new coach.
I share in your sacrificing for the greater good principles and agree with all of what you wrote here. Well said.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What if this team makes the playoffs?
Depends on the outcome I guess. If we're bounced in the first round then we're going to be in the same boat as option 1 above in which we go 9-7 and possibly sneak in...we'll likely have him for at least another year and I'm sure most of us will be pulling our hair out. If we go on a run and make the NFCCG or SB then all bets are off, we'll probably give him a 5 year extension. If that happens I won't be upset, he'll have earned an extension. I'll still be sick of listening to him but will eat my crow on him being a JAG.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In my opinion, 6-10 would not terminate Garrett. Finishing 6-10 with a consecutive four-to-five game losing streak and visible loss of roster loyalty for their head coach may make Jones pull the trigger. Anything other than those conditions? Nope. He stays.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Then please don't watch. No one likes a quitter so spare us your misery and just quietly follow the team.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Garrett is an 8-8 coach, working for an 8-8 minded GM that only cares about sales and self image. I'm sick of him too, to the point that losses dont hurt like they used to cause I'm hoping for change! Will this 8-8 nut job GM make a change at HC if we don't make the play offs? I doubt it. He celebrated not going 8-8 last year and saying the win VS Philly was huge. That's what's wrong with our team amd it starts at the very top!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In my opinion, 6-10 would not terminate Garrett. Finishing 6-10 with a consecutive four-to-five game losing streak and visible loss of roster loyalty for their head coach may make Jones pull the trigger. Anything other than those conditions? Nope. He stays.

Why? What valid reason would there be for that? What valid excuses exist for this team being 3-4 at this point?

I keep seeing people say "he stays" but yet I never see a valid reason as to why?

Not even a snake oil salesman like Jerry Jones is dumb enough to believe that he could sell anybody on that.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why? What valid reason would there be for that? What valid excuses exist for this team being 3-4 at this point?

I keep seeing people say "he stays" but yet I never see a valid reason as to why?

Not even a snake oil salesman like Jerry Jones is dumb enough to believe that he could sell anybody on that.
I base my opinions on what I think Jones will do according to what I have observed of him for three decades.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll do as I please and you'll just have to deal with it, or ignore me. Not really concerned either way that goes. Cheers.

Maybe you'll make 'The Club' as myself and many others have? Trust me, you and everyone else on his "list" is better off. I can't wait until he puts everyone with a differing viewpoint on Ignore so nobody is burdened with having to listen to his bull**** any longer.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Yeah, I agree. I think the trade for Cooper was Jerry essentially putting a noose around Garrett's neck and handing him the other end of the rope. All up to him to tie it off and jump or not.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I base my opinions on what I think Jones will do according to what I have observed of him for three decades.

Ok, so not a valid reason why Garrett should be brought back, that's what I've seen from everyone to this point. Thanks for clarifying.
:thumbup: