Not rooting for us to lose but

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
After being on the fence about Garrett over the past several seasons, I'm really just sick of looking at him. I don't care about the clapping. I don't care about the whole "puppet" narrative. I'm just sick of the monotone delivery week in and week out of "the process and RKG's." I think that was a good approach in the beginning but I think the players are sick of hearing about it as well.

At this point, I see us going 1 of 2 ways...we play well enough to maybe go 9-7 and have an outside chance to slip into the playoffs, giving Jerry just enough hope that maybe next year is the year, again...or the bottom falls out, we finish up 6 and 10 with no 1st round pick next year and he finally is out of rope.

I'll never root for our team to fail...but if it means an overhaul of the HC and maybe the offensive coordinator, I'm not going to mourn the loss of another season. I've seen enough of Garret to know what he is by now...average. In the realm of coaching he is JAG.

Like I said, I'm just sick of looking at him. Go bring the process to someone else and let them deal with it. We need a shot of adrenaline from hungry new coach.
A thought process that I can definitely relate to... I'll never root for us to lose but I feel you on the whole Garrett thing. Our problems are extensive and all roads lead back to the puppet. Of course, those roads connect to the Jerry interstate which we can do nothing about. All we can hope is that Jerry is finally tired of getting embarassed year over year over year....

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, I agree. I think the trade for Cooper was Jerry essentially giving putting a noose around Garrett's neck and handing him the other end of the rope. All up to him to tie it off and jump or not.
I partially disagree. I see Jones believing Cooper is enough of an offensive weapon for Prescott and the offense to capitalized upon, get back on track and compliment the defense for the rest of the season. Whatever else happens is not a firm determinant in Garrett's immediate future for Jones in my opinion.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, I agree. I think the trade for Cooper was Jerry essentially giving putting a noose around Garrett's neck and handing him the other end of the rope. All up to him to tie it off and jump or not.

I agree. And I look at Jones own words as well. "Urgency", "standards", "we don't have time", surely all of those dewciprtions include the man most responsible for it? After all, the job title says head coach?

I understand Jones has been exceedingly loyal and overly patient. He's given Garrett far more time and benefit of the doubt than he ever deserved, but even that has its limits. Jones can't and won't try to bring Garrett back if this team doesn't make the playoffs. There are no more excuses for why he can't get the job done. And even those who think he'll return can't think of any.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I partially disagree. I see Jones believing Cooper is enough of an offensive weapon for Prescott and the offense to capitalized upon, get back on track and compliment the defense for the rest of the season. Whatever else happens is not a firm determinant in Garrett's immediate future for Jones in my opinion.
I agree with you on Cooper, however if none of that happens (getting back on track), I think it's a death sentence for his career here.

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
You know maybe JG learned clock mangemenf during the bye week maybe Dak learned how t pass aggressive and anticipate maybe the line is going to remember how to block. All these will lead to an extension.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok, so not a valid reason why Garrett should be brought back, that's what I've seen from everyone to this point. Thanks for clarifying.
:thumbup:
There have been, are, and most likely will be more decisions Jones has, is and will make that are not considered valid by his observers. Understandable. I do not say I agree with every decision he makes, which is why I am not nearly as shocked as others may be whenever he makes questionable ones. :p

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
With no 1st round pick, rooting to lose/tanking is no longer a viable option. All in it to win it.
Oh man I like your factual post but I miserable haters here will continue to spew their hate until the last second clicks down on a Super Bowl victory. They then will crawl back under their miserable rock. At least for a bit.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There have been, are, and most likely will be more decisions Jones has, is and will make that are not considered valid by his observers. Understandable. I do not say I agree with every decision he makes, which is why I am not nearly as shocked as others may be whenever he makes questionable ones. :p

Can't argue with that!
:laugh:

dfense

Reaction score
What if this team makes the playoffs?
We aren't talking about winning here AC. This is the losers post because the clapping is what is a real problem to watch. They could go 11-5 and it wouldn't really matter because that infernal clapping. I used to be a Steelers fan. But Cowher kept spitting at yelling "Lets Go! Let's Go!" every couple minutes. It was more than I could take. So here I am.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree with you on Cooper, however if none of that happens (getting back on track), I think it's a death sentence for his career here.
We will all see. I have seen Garrett critics trying to write him off for years. It is quite similar to how another set of critics wrote off a certain quarterback for an awfully long time. It is always very interesting how people put themselves in Jones' shoes but never quite fully consider what Jones might actually do. It is like Jones popped into existence a short time ago and no one knows how he might react because they have never seen him before. lol.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Not rooting for us to lose but, you in fact, are............
Ackchewally, I'm rooting for them to either win big enough (deep playoff run) to justify keeping him (see response to America's Cowboy) or fail hard enough to finally get rid of Garrett. I'm just convinced that another mediocre season of "almost" will keep him around far past his expiration date. Go big or go home is where I'm at with him. Do something meaningful or just hit the bricks.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We aren't talking about winning here AC. This is the losers post because the clapping is what is a real problem to watch. They could go 11-5 and it wouldn't really matter because that infernal clapping. I used to be a Steelers fan. But Cowher kept spitting at yelling "Lets Go! Let's Go!" every couple minutes. It was more than I could take. So here I am.
:laugh:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Why? What valid reason would there be for that? What valid excuses exist for this team being 3-4 at this point?

I keep seeing people say "he stays" but yet I never see a valid reason as to why?

Not even a snake oil salesman like Jerry Jones is dumb enough to believe that he could sell anybody on that.
(In bold^^^^): Not excuses but facts...

1) Oline has stunk it up so far

2) Because of the Oline stinking it up, especially against current Top 10 Defenses, it has affected Dak and Zeke's productivities in those games.

3) Dak has not had any weapons at the WR and TE positions, other than 5'8" Cole Beasley.

4) Playcalling from Linehan has been below average.

5) Game management by Garrett has been very questionable during down-to-the-wire tight games that ended up in losses.

6) Key players have once again missed games due to suspensions, injuries or playing injured.

7) Oline has been among the leaders in committing penalties on key downs, thus overturning converted 1st downs and killing drives (which has kept points on the field).

8) Hiring of Bengals' Oline ex-coach, Alexander, was a huge mistake, forcing team to make unprecedented firing during "bye week" and after 7 games into the season.

lk8701

Reaction score
After being on the fence about Garrett over the past several seasons, I'm really just sick of looking at him. I don't care about the clapping. I don't care about the whole "puppet" narrative. I'm just sick of the monotone delivery week in and week out of "the process and RKG's." I think that was a good approach in the beginning but I think the players are sick of hearing about it as well.

At this point, I see us going 1 of 2 ways...we play well enough to maybe go 9-7 and have an outside chance to slip into the playoffs, giving Jerry just enough hope that maybe next year is the year, again...or the bottom falls out, we finish up 6 and 10 with no 1st round pick next year and he finally is out of rope.

I'll never root for our team to fail...but if it means an overhaul of the HC and maybe the offensive coordinator, I'm not going to mourn the loss of another season. I've seen enough of Garret to know what he is by now...average. In the realm of coaching he is JAG.

Like I said, I'm just sick of looking at him. Go bring the process to someone else and let them deal with it. We need a shot of adrenaline from hungry new coach.

I don’t want the Raiders to get a top 10 draft pick from us. It would be different if we still had our pick.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
:lmao::laugh::flagwave::clap::grin::banghead: