Not rooting for us to lose but

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We aren't talking about winning here AC. This is the losers post because the clapping is what is a real problem to watch. They could go 11-5 and it wouldn't really matter because that infernal clapping. I used to be a Steelers fan. But Cowher kept spitting at yelling "Lets Go! Let's Go!" every couple minutes. It was more than I could take. So here I am.
As I said in the OP, not concerned with any of that peripheral nonsense some people get wrapped up in. He can clap, slap, spank, fist bump, line dance, and high 5 all over the field for all I care as long as we're winning.

cristglo

Reaction score
In my opinion, 6-10 would not terminate Garrett. Finishing 6-10 with a consecutive four-to-five game losing streak and visible loss of roster loyalty for their head coach may make Jones pull the trigger. Anything other than those conditions? Nope. He stays.
I have to agree we might can get rid of linehan but it would have to have visible loss of roster to make Jerry fire Garrett

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
(In bold^^^^): Not excuses but facts...

1) Oline has stunk it up so far

2) Because of the Oline stinking it up, especially against current Top 10 Defenses, it has affected Dak and Zeke's productivities in those games.

3) Dak has not had any weapons at the WR and TE positions, other than 5'8" Cole Beasley.

4) Playcalling from Linehan has been below average.

5) Game management by Garrett has been very questionable during down-to-the-wire tight games that ended up in losses.

6) Key players have once again missed games due to suspensions, injuries or playing injured.

7) Oline has been among the leaders in committing penalties on key downs, thus overturning converted 1st downs and killing drives (which has kept points on the field).

8) Hiring of Bengals' Oline ex-coach, Alexander, was a huge mistake, forcing team to make unprecedented firing during "bye week" and after 7 games into the season.

And I see all of these as reasons why Garrett should be fired, not retained.

But #6? That's a flat-out "No" on that one.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have a pipe dream. It happens throughout sports discussion around the world for probably forever but one day the phrase 'I do not want my favorite player or team to lose but' will disappear from every conversation. It is a contradiction. It would be easier (and less contentious) saying 'I want my favorite player to lose because...' or 'I want my favorite team to lose because...'. They are opinions but combining desire to lose with a regret for wanting to lose instead is like throwing itching powder on a red blistering rash.

I know. Pipe dream.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only way this team is going to the playoffs is if they buy tickets.

The division is looking pretty week, so I don't know that playoffs is out of the question. I don't think we will see a Wildcard from the division, but it's possible 9-7 could win the division.

9of11

Reaction score
I personally think that Jason is here to stay for the next five years....by all the moves the Cowboys are making, Jerry is going to use that to justify keeping Jason around and signing him to a new contract...maybe even Linehan....I never want the Cowboys to lose....but you almost have to in order to make change....and especially with a bad coaching staff...Jason is Jerrys Tom Landry....so he thinks.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What if this team makes the playoffs?
That would, most likely, mean they won the East, the first goal of any season. No way Booger fires him then but I do not think he will get fired, even if they go 6-10 like Nate said.

I do not share the belief that this team can get better by getting worse because of the owner and why Garrett is in that position. There is only one other HC in his position for the same reason as Garrett, Lewis. Those are the two men that want.

If I did believe a losing season would bring about what I perceive is a needed change then I would feel different but first someone needs to answer this question.

Who is going to replace Garrett and will that really change much? I view Garrett as the symptom. Replacing him is merely a Band-Aid when major surgery is required.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, I agree. I think the trade for Cooper was Jerry essentially putting a noose around Garrett's neck and handing him the other end of the rope. All up to him to tie it off and jump or not.
Why would he do that? Garrett is family, that’s why he’s still there.

I don’t like Booger but do not see him as that type. He’s trying to help his HC and QB. He doesn’t want either to fail.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
After being on the fence about Garrett over the past several seasons, I'm really just sick of looking at him. I don't care about the clapping. I don't care about the whole "puppet" narrative. I'm just sick of the monotone delivery week in and week out of "the process and RKG's." I think that was a good approach in the beginning but I think the players are sick of hearing about it as well.

At this point, I see us going 1 of 2 ways...we play well enough to maybe go 9-7 and have an outside chance to slip into the playoffs, giving Jerry just enough hope that maybe next year is the year, again...or the bottom falls out, we finish up 6 and 10 with no 1st round pick next year and he finally is out of rope.

I'll never root for our team to fail...but if it means an overhaul of the HC and maybe the offensive coordinator, I'm not going to mourn the loss of another season. I've seen enough of Garret to know what he is by now...average. In the realm of coaching he is JAG.

Like I said, I'm just sick of looking at him. Go bring the process to someone else and let them deal with it. We need a shot of adrenaline from hungry new coach.

Sadly I am right here with you. Which is shocking because for most of my life I have been an eternal optimist

I still watch every game and root for my team faithfully, but this is the first time I can ever remember actually being numb to the losses

This is the first time I can ever remember not having hope for a brighter tomorrow as a Cowboys fan

It’s time to retool everything from coaching on down