Not the game I wanted; GB is a tough matchup

GiveDezdaBall88

Reaction score
Of all the teams left in the playoffs including the AFC, there isn't a team Id rather play least than GB bc they have the best QB on the planet who plays his best football at home and hasn't thrown an Interception in 3 years. IM proud of our boys for winning a playoff game but this matchup is a nightmare.

Gridiron Man

"I AM GRIDIRON MAN"
Reaction score
Bring it on. We have to win or it's time to go home. That can be said about every match up from here on out. Might as well win the tough one now. Or is the tough one next week or the week after?

EST_1986

Reaction score
I'm still basking in the glow of yesterdays win. I'm going to enjoy this some more before I turn to the GB game.

Be careful if you aren't looking at the GB game and still happy about the win yesterday people will get angry around here.

perrykemp

Reaction score
I think the X-Factor isn't Rodger's leg it's the Packer's running game.

The Packers running game was better than the Cowboys over the 2nd half of the season -- both in terms of total yards rushing as well as yards per carry.

In a perfect world the Cowboys will be in the nickel all game long against Rodgers. To make that work they have to stop Lacy.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Relax, they got the monkey off their back and are playing with house money now, a lot less pressure. Football is a game of match-ups and Dallas will have a better chance against GB than they did against Detroit.

The best recipe in cold weather in the playoffs is defense. We are lacking there but they play situational and all they need is a few stops.

What is the 2nd best recipe you ask? A running game and Dallas has that. If Dallas wins the time of possession with less turnovers than the Packers, Dallas wins........simple as that.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Of all the teams left in the playoffs including the AFC, there isn't a team Id rather play least than GB bc they have the best QB on the planet who plays his best football at home and hasn't thrown an Interception in 3 years. IM proud of our boys for winning a playoff game but this matchup is a nightmare.

I like the match up, Yes Rodgers is very good yet his Jan numbers has not been great in GB, I think Dallas style of ball will work very well in these conditions in GB. Frankly I would be more concerned with Rodgers at ATT than I am at Lambeau, last time they went to the SB they did so by having to play road games in warmer weather and indoor stadiums not the frozen tundra

Danger

Reaction score
This game is similar to the Seahawks as both teams are incredibly good at home and have one dominant part of their team. For the Hawks it was their defense and for GB it is their juggernaut offense. I think the a Cowboys offense should have no problem putting up points. Rodgers is going to put up points on this defense. We just have to control the clock.

DFWJC

Reaction score
They can be run on.
That opens things back up for us.

They do have a really good pass rush though.

Their offense is a bad matchup for anyone--especially in Green Bay.
But it's not out of the question that we pull it out.

If somehow the game is close in the 4th quarter, believe it or not, Romo has a far better track record in those situation that Rodgers.
Has to be close though and it's normally not in GB.

They are averaging 40 there and Rodgers has 25 TDs and 0 ints. Crazy good.

perrykemp

Reaction score
They can be run on.
That opens things back up for us.

They do have a really good pass rush though.

Their offense is a bad matchup for anyone--especially in Green Bay.
But it's not out of the question that we pull it out.

If somehow the game is close in the 4th quarter, believe it or not, Romo has a far better track record in those situation that Rodgers.
Has to be close though and it's normally not in GB.

They are averaging 40 there and Rodgers has 25 TDs and 0 ints. Crazy good.

Good analysis.

Cowboys can't start slow like they did in Detroit as it plays in the the Packers hands where they are great to getting out to big leads in the 1st half.

I agree if it comes down to a tight game in the 4th quarter, I'd favor the Cowboys.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

They are a lot like the Cowboys, IMO. They can dominate on offense but some weeks they've been off. Their defense appears to be middle of the pack kind of like the Cowboys.

Lows in Points scored by Green Bay
Week 3 Lions 7
week 15 Bills 13
Week 16 Bus 20

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Relax, they got the monkey off their back and are playing with house money now, a lot less pressure. Football is a game of match-ups and Dallas will have a better chance against GB than they did against Detroit.

The best recipe in cold weather in the playoffs is defense. We are lacking there but they play situational and all they need is a few stops.

What is the 2nd best recipe you ask? A running game and Dallas has that. If Dallas wins the time of possession with less turnovers than the Packers, Dallas wins........simple as that.

Also I would think Marinelli and Lineman have some knowledge of how to play GB having been in the same division with them for several years.

We need to play smart FB, and as fans " believe" we can close the deal.

GiveDezdaBall88

Reaction score
They are a lot like the Cowboys, IMO. They can dominate on offense but some weeks they've been off. Their defense appears to be middle of the pack kind of like the Cowboys.

Lows in Points scored by Green Bay
Week 3 Lions 7
week 15 Bills 13
Week 16 Bus 20

all those games were on the road, their offense is a different animal at home