Not the game I wanted; GB is a tough matchup

Shunpike

Reaction score
Actually, I think that is a pretty good bet - I would think that the odds of both Dallas and Ravens winning are better than the 10:1 bet you made (I'd put it at somewhere around 7:1?). Would not be at all surprised if the NFC title game is at AT&T Stadium.

I was tempted to add Panthers to the mix. If I did a 3 team parlay, payout would be $5442.

I still might do a small bet including Panthers. I am not claiming I know a lot about football but I know one thing, NFC will not be represented by Seahawks. Not sure if it will be Panthers knocking them off or Cowboys.

Aven8

Reaction score
I think the X-Factor isn't Rodger's leg it's the Packer's running game.

The Packers running game was better than the Cowboys over the 2nd half of the season -- both in terms of total yards rushing as well as yards per carry.

In a perfect world the Cowboys will be in the nickel all game long against Rodgers. To make that work they have to stop Lacy.

That's why Ro needs to get back. Two Bama players going at it!

khiladi

Reaction score
Seattle is a game I would much prefer than Green Bay...Russell Wilson ain't Aaron Rodgers...not even close...not passing from the pocket. I imagine Dallas ain't the team they wanted to see either, so I guess it works both ways. The riddles that Marinelli conjures up for Rodgers must be better than what Belichick threw at him. NE got no pressure on him but they still held them to 26 points...their offense just didn't have enough cylinders to finish the job. Marinelli vs. Rodgers...that is a key match-up...likely the most important one. Rodgers won't be 100% so that might be "some" consolation...might make it easier to sack him.

NE secondary is a strength this year. Our secondary is not. They also can control the clock offensively, limiting Rodgers on the field. But we can do that as well.

khiladi

Reaction score
All true. Their passing game has been average, at best, in Lambeau the last 3 years in the playoffs.

It's the reason why I suspect they've invested so heavily in finally have a top notch OL and a nice stable of RBs. Thompson recognized that the team wasn't going to win another Superbowl relying solely on Rodger's arm.

Weren't they playing SF and Seattle those years, when they were the two most dominant defenses in the league?

plymkr

Reaction score
We can beat them but our defense has to tackle in this game. Sounds elementary but if our defense tackles well then our offense will score and Romo is playing better than Rogers. We can't minimize our talents when respecting their talent. I bet GB didn't want us to win that game yesterday. Dallas is a scary team right now. We have to play almost perfect on D but it can be done. Hopefully it will be done.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Weren't they playing SF and Seattle those years, when they were the two most dominant defenses in the league?

2011 When they lost to the Giants @ Lambeau they had the #1 offense in the league and the #32 (by yardage at least) defense in the league
2012 They lost to the SF team @ SF that eventually went to the Superbowl. Kapernick ran for 180+ yards against them in the playoff game
2013 They lost to the 49ers again -- this time at Lambeau. It wasn't a very good Packer team (8-7-1) and it showed.

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
both those games are on the road, GB is a different animal at home. Look at their stast at home compared to the road, its an insane contrast.

You sound like a scared little girl, trying to find every excuse to make everybody else scared. lol