Not the game I wanted; GB is a tough matchup

Eddie

Reaction score
It gets tougher from here on in. Nothing will be easy.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Our defense hasnt faced a QB in Rodgers league all season.

Green Bay has not faced an offense as good and balanced as ours all season. Heck they have only faced one Really Good QB this season in Brady.

See...we can go back and forth with all of this.

Both teams have good Offenses and questionable defenses.
One team is better at home, one is better on the Road.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Of all the teams left in the playoffs including the AFC, there isn't a team Id rather play least than GB bc they have the best QB on the planet who plays his best football at home and hasn't thrown an Interception in 3 years. IM proud of our boys for winning a playoff game but this matchup is a nightmare.

GB im sure is having a nightmare knowing they have to deal with this running game. Believe that. GB is 23 against the run.

Gameover

Reaction score
The year they won the SB, they beat even softer in the guts Atlanta, Jay Quitler, and a fading Steeler team. GB ain't all that

kramskoi

Reaction score
They are a lot like the Cowboys, IMO. They can dominate on offense but some weeks they've been off. Their defense appears to be middle of the pack kind of like the Cowboys.

Lows in Points scored by Green Bay
Week 3 Lions 7
week 15 Bills 13
Week 16 Bus 20

Seattle is a game I would much prefer than Green Bay...Russell Wilson ain't Aaron Rodgers...not even close...not passing from the pocket. I imagine Dallas ain't the team they wanted to see either, so I guess it works both ways. The riddles that Marinelli conjures up for Rodgers must be better than what Belichick threw at him. NE got no pressure on him but they still held them to 26 points...their offense just didn't have enough cylinders to finish the job. Marinelli vs. Rodgers...that is a key match-up...likely the most important one. Rodgers won't be 100% so that might be "some" consolation...might make it easier to sack him.

perrykemp

Reaction score
The year they won the SB, they beat even softer in the guts Atlanta, Jay Quitler, and a fading Steeler team. GB ain't all that

2010 Steelers defense came within 34 yards of tying the NFL's record for rushing yards allowed in a 16-game season (970), set by the 2000 Baltimore Ravens.

Yes, it's true the Steelers OL was a mess that season.

Gameover

Reaction score
2010 Steelers defense came within 34 yards of tying the NFL's record for rushing yards allowed in a 16-game season (970), set by the 2000 Baltimore Ravens.

Yes, it's true the Steelers OL was a mess that season.

They were fading

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
This is a good Green Bay team, but we have seen this story before with them.

They were undefeated at home after winning the SB and they lost to the Giants.
A year later, they played a Vikings team without their starting qb and the Vikings were in it most of the game.
A year later, they lose to the 49ers.

Not saying this is a sure victory, but many experts are saying Cowboys don't have a shot because they remember the home field advantages and great offense but the reality is that they haven't had a good home field advantage in previous playoff games and their offense has struggled in the last month.

It will be a lot closer than people think.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Divisional round of the NFL playoffs. Every game is a tough matchup. Carolina right now is a tough out.

GiveDezdaBall88

Reaction score
It is a better match up for us to play GB rather than Detroit because the Lions are so good against the run and we saw that yesterday.

GB defense is not very good against the run, so our running game should flourish.

Rogers is the key, the only good news is that he is hobbled and may not be as sharp if we can get pressure on him all day.

So our defense needs to get pressure and play sound on the back end as well.

lmao, the lions cant score on anyone. They scoredl ike over 21 points all year against the worst teams in football; you think a team wiht stafford who hasnt beaten a team with a winning record on the road in his entire life is a harder matchup than the best QB in the planet at home.

greatwallofdallas

Reaction score
Green Bays only signature victory is against the Pats. They had an easier schedule than the Cowboys IMOP. If I was a gambling man I would take the Boys and the 6.5 points vegas is giving.

GiveDezdaBall88

Reaction score
Green Bay has not faced an offense as good and balanced as ours all season. Heck they have only faced one Really Good QB this season in Brady.

See...we can go back and forth with all of this.

Both teams have good Offenses and questionable defenses.
One team is better at home, one is better on the Road.

lmao, have you ever heard of the patriots?

GiveDezdaBall88

Reaction score
Green Bays only signature victory is against the Pats. They had an easier schedule than the Cowboys IMOP. If I was a gambling man I would take the Boys and the 6.5 points vegas is giving.

They embarassed the eagles, I guess beating carolina by 30 points isnt a good win either?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We'll see. Either way, it's just a speed bump on the road to beating the Colts in the Super Bowl.

The Packers are going to be much more than a speed bump to the SB. As for the Colts I don't see them reaching the SB too much is put on Luck to have to have carry that team it's led to 16 int's and 6 lost fumbles. He's had 13 fumbles which shows how much is put on his plate. He's a great young QB but too much of the Colts success is dependent on him playing great. We saw first hand what happened to them vs the Cowboys when Luck produced zero TD's and had 2 int's it was no contest. He has to shoulder too much of the load and eventually that catches up to a team.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lmao, have you ever heard of the patriots?

Your whining and moving of goal posts is wearing thin...next you will say this does not count and move the posts again. I have ALREADY said Good QB in Brady...who is the New England QB in case you missed it.

Dallas is #2 in Rushing yards with 2,354
New England is # 18 in Rushing yards with 1,727

I said they have not faced an offense as balanced as ours...which would including RUSHING THE BALL.

Now say something smart and move the goal posts again.
Just keep being skeered about the matchup.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Packers are going to be much more than a speed bump to the SB. As for the Colts I don't see them reaching the SB too much is put on Luck to have to have carry that team it's led to 16 int's and 6 lost fumbles. He's had 13 fumbles which shows how much is put on his plate. He's a great young QB but too much of the Colts success is dependent on him playing great. We saw first hand what happened to them vs the Cowboys when Luck produced zero TD's and had 2 int's it was no contest. He has to shoulder too much of the load and eventually that catches up to a team.
Hmm, maybe you're right. Maybe it is unlikely that Carolina beats Seattle and that the Colts make the Super Bowl. Thanks for turning me around on this one.