Not the same without the fans

ICP

Reaction score
Watched the Chiefs vs Texans game Thursday night and it confirmed what I imagined, believed that limited fans in the seats and how it would affect my perception.
Its just my perception, and I do not expect anyone else to agree, but I honestly felt less interested because of the lack of fans in the seats.
I enjoyed watching a future star in CEH setting rookie records, that kid is amazing, and Im so thankful that KC is not in our division, our conference..
Just saying, just asking... are you going to watch this season with no fans in the seats and get the same feel for the game?
It felt so strange.
I totally agree but at least the NFL hasn't butchered the integrity of what they do like the MLB is doing. And the bottom line is it's all we are gonna get at least for this year.

GO COWBOYS!!!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The nfl policy is limited fans are allowed, certain states or cities are declaring no fans in their city or state , so that is not on the nfl.

It is a little unfair , but players need to motivate themselves and super loud crowd noise is not going to be a factor in any game this season.
Limited crowds cant make that much noise.
I understand but the NFL could dictate their own policy on attendance not allowing any fans.

And I believe it would be the fair thing to do.

Flamma

Reaction score
I understand but the NFL could dictate their own policy on attendance not allowing any fans.

I would agree if I thought limited fans had any impact on the outcome of a game.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Yeah im very interested to see how the no fans games go, but ive also been watching no fans at baseball games the last couple months, and I've adapted to that ok.
That’s my thought too. Basketball the same. It doesn’t bother me. Big football is a different animal

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's the same for me as I don't often attend the games. For the players it's different but as a fan who watches from home it's not very different.

kskboys

Reaction score
For the life of me I cannot figure out why this is a big deal. Why would anyone care if there are fans or not? How does that make a difference?

Flamma

Reaction score
For the life of me I cannot figure out why this is a big deal. Why would anyone care if there are fans or not? How does that make a difference?

I really couldn't care less. They should play at some high school stadiums. That would look cool.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I would agree if I thought limited fans had any impact on the outcome of a game.
The financial impact is also a factor. I’ve watched several college games and I believe it is an advantage. Not just the noise but the atmosphere. 20,000 fans is much more of a normal situation than none.

I attend high school and small college games all the time. Small crowds is better than no crowd.

Regardless, it’s the principle.
And why MLB dictated their attendance policy. NFL got this wrong.

Last edited:

Flamma

Reaction score
The financial impact is also a factor. I’ve watched several college games and I believe it is an advantage. Not just the noise but the atmosphere. 20,000 fans is much more of a normal situation than none.

Regardless, it’s the principle.
And why MLB dictated their attendance policy.

So in your opinion, if one team can't make money, no team should be able to? Besides, that has nothing to do with the game.

As far as the atmosphere and fans, yeah, they can motivate players. But it's not a legitimate claim for an advantage. What I mean by that is It's every players job to get motivated to play. You can't claim that someone else has an unfair advantage because someone is cheering for them. That's akin to pixie dust. And 20k fans in a really big stadium, I don't see it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It doesn’t except it should be consistent throughout the league.

Personally during this situation I’d prefer no fans. The NFL is the only major sports league which isn’t dictating policy.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So in your opinion, if one team can't make money, no team should be able to? Besides, that has nothing to do with the game.

As far as the atmosphere and fans, yeah, they can motivate players. But it's not a legitimate claim for an advantage. What I mean by that is It's every players job to get motivated to play. You can't claim that someone else has an unfair advantage because someone is cheering for them. That's akin to pixie dust. And 20k fans in a really big stadium, I don't see it.
It doesn’t matter how much of an advantage if any it is. It’s still not having all games and stadiums on an even keel.

It also presents some cities or venues to be more subject to an outbreak which could effect whether teams could lose players or having a game postponed or suspended.

Wait until we start losing key players that have to sit out a couple weeks.

We’ve already had college games canceled or postponed. Two in the Big 12 today.

Little Jr

Reaction score
Watched the Chiefs vs Texans game Thursday night and it confirmed what I imagined, believed that limited fans in the seats and how it would affect my perception.
Its just my perception, and I do not expect anyone else to agree, but I honestly felt less interested because of the lack of fans in the seats.
I enjoyed watching a future star in CEH setting rookie records, that kid is amazing, and Im so thankful that KC is not in our division, our conference..
Just saying, just asking... are you going to watch this season with no fans in the seats and get the same feel for the game?
It felt so strange.
Agree 100% on the fans. I was pretty sure it would make less exciting for me, but I was hoping I was wrong and I wasnt. I said before the season, I dont think it will affect my much watching the Cowboy games, but Ill probably watch less non Cowboy games this year than Ive ever have. Im sticking to that for now.

DandyDon52

Reaction score

I have a better solution, teams at home with no fans, canned noise should be used from last years games.
It would be regulated decibel wise and situation wise by a independent NFL personnel to give a similar effect based on games last year.
This would be pumped out by loudspeakers instead of the crappy music they normally blast out.
it would give players similar situation and fans at home would feel like fans are there as long as they dont constantly show the empty stadiums.

In fact it is very stupid for the nfl and the networks airing the game to show the empty seats in limited att games, and more so no fans at all.
That is just dumb lol from a marketing perspective.
Heck if I was in charge, their would be no mention of it, and it would not be shown at all , and it would seem like a normal game.

The op was affected by what they did and so will others, and why I speculate that ratings will go down, and that will hurt networks and nfl.
Very stupid the way it is being handled.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
When fans have any effect on me at all it is usually negative.
Players on the field may feel very different and owners certainly do but I could care less if a game is lightly attended or sold out as I watch from home.

you don’t tune in to see people in the stands?

blasphemy!!!

GMO415

Reaction score
I watch the Redzone so fans aren't important to.my viewing.

As for our game, let's be honest....LA's stadium would be 60/40 DAL fans.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The payoff for us is that they should focus the cameras more on the field and the action and not draw attention to the lack of fans. Ya gotta accentuate the positive!

The possible payoff for me is the possibility of fewer individuals playing "look at me" like they've never made a play. Guess what, that's what they're paid to do.

Do any of you run around showing off after completing an assigned task by your employer? Does the copy machine repair guy strike a pose or flex his bicep after doing his job? But I cannot say he wouldn't if 60,000 people were watching him do it.