Note regarding Stephen and Jerrys press conference yesterday

phildadon86

Reaction score
I have been thinking about how to properly convey my anger at these 2 after the presser yesterday. I figured it best to start with a story of accountablity. (Directly related to Stephens comments about winning the offseason).

We had an incident at work a while back where an employee was injured. It was the total fault of the foreman on site for not completing certain training elements for their roles, and for not paying attention to dangerous things happening on site.

The branch manager sat us all down for a meeting and while upset with the foreman, he took the blame sqaurely on his shoulders saying "I failed you by not keeping up with your training efforts and setting you up for failure." That is taking accountability. He wasnt even in the country when this happened but still took the blame and used it to make everyone better. Thats what leadership from the top is.

Now look at Jerry and Stephen saying they won the offseason. Firstly its a lie. Secondly its putting the blame on the shoulders of the players, and coaching staff instead of taking personal accountablity. Lets leave the fact neither of these guys is actually qualified to run a football team. Their complete arrogance and lack of any personal responsibility is telling of how the culture in Dallas truly is.

Lets look at another example. Jerry went on record saying when he made his "all-in" comment at the Senior Bowl, he had no idea how the salary cap looked at that time.

What GM isnt aware of their salary cap and where they currently stand? You want the title? Its your job to know these things. This again shows that the FO is out of touch. They are openly mocking the fans by saying things like this, and whats worse is they dont care.

This team's culture is rotten and a fish rots from the head down. Yesterday proved once again that this team has no direction. To think you are going to fix all of the issues and missing players in one draft is arrogant, and an insult to fans that are always here to support this team.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Jerry seems to be doing all he can to ruin whatever good will he ever had built up in the fanbase.

He seems bent to ruin everything he built from the franchise itself all the way down to the fansbase he helped cultivate through success.

It's sad that, here at the end, he is choosing to go out a villainous character.

shabazz

Reaction score
I have been thinking about how to properly convey my anger at these 2 after the presser yesterday. I figured it best to start with a story of accountablity. (Directly related to Stephens comments about winning the offseason).

We had an incident at work a while back where an employee was injured. It was the total fault of the foreman on site for not completing certain training elements for their roles, and for not paying attention to dangerous things happening on site.

The branch manager sat us all down for a meeting and while upset with the foreman, he took the blame sqaurely on his shoulders saying "I failed you by not keeping up with your training efforts and setting you up for failure." That is taking accountability. He wasnt even in the country when this happened but still took the blame and used it to make everyone better. Thats what leadership from the top is.

Now look at Jerry and Stephen saying they won the offseason. Firstly its a lie. Secondly its putting the blame on the shoulders of the players, and coaching staff instead of taking personal accountablity. Lets leave the fact neither of these guys is actually qualified to run a football team. Their complete arrogance and lack of any personal responsibility is telling of how the culture in Dallas truly is.

Lets look at another example. Jerry went on record saying when he made his "all-in" comment at the Senior Bowl, he had no idea how the salary cap looked at that time.

What GM isnt aware of their salary cap and where they currently stand? You want the title? Its your job to know these things. This again shows that the FO is out of touch. They are openly mocking the fans by saying things like this, and whats worse is they dont care.

This team's culture is rotten and a fish rots from the head down. Yesterday proved once again that this team has no direction. To think you are going to fix all of the issues and missing players in one draft is arrogant, and an insult to fans that are always here to support this team.
I agree with all this BUT it may depend on what "winning the offseason" means.

If it means upgrading ones team to compete in 2024, it's clearly untrue......but if to Jerry it means, not overpaying for free agents, not resigning players that want to be paid highest at their positions AND potentially trading these same players for future draft picks, then it's " winning the offseason"

I'm not advocating for it but perhaps the combination of amassing high draft picks while fielding a team that will get 6 wins because of a weak roster is what Jerry wants. To recreate 1989 all over again........new coach, 1st round Qb, etc

Just trying to put myself in the mind of an 80 year old narcissistic, stubborn megalomaniac still living in the 90s

Sydla

Reaction score
If you ever needed to get reason #1 why the organization has been one of the worst in the league in the last 30 years, watch that press conference. It's embarrassing.
Pretty much sums it up. It was a mixture of delusion, self praise, gaslighting and incompetence.

They've lost the plot at this point on how to build a winner and it's not going to get any better. I have little doubt that the ceiling for this franchise at this point is spit out some double digit win seasons here and there with little to no playoff experience until Stephen is out of the way, and that could be another decade or two.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
Ive said it before, we are watching a repeat of what the Raiders turned into when AL Davis didnt get out of the way ,refusing to cede power to someone younger and more capable.The next few years will be painful.
It's just ashamed that they can't be fired because if it could be done, it would have happened about 25 to 30 years ago.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score

I've been saying this about parenting. I have younger kids, I got get my cowboys cup and lay it on the table where my kids are playing. My kids bump the cup and all of my lemon water falls out of the cup. It's not the fault of my children, they were playing around. It's MY FAULT for leaving it in an area where it could get knocked over!!

Creeper

Reaction score
At this point we are not longer looking forward to the Cowboys winning another Super Bowl. We are just waiting out the Jones era. Nothing great will happen until the Joneses move on from the Cowboys. And let's face it now, even if Jerry decides to retire, or the commissioner of life sidelines him for good, then Stephen takes over and he appears to be a bigger problem than Jerry.

Thrill99

Reaction score
I throw up in my mouth every time I see these 2 Bozo's. I don't read any story that will have a quote from either - seriously, I don't even glance at it. That is how bad it has gotten for me.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Excellent post. Watching Jerry & Stephen get in front of a microphone is embarrassing 90% of the time. Just listening to what these guys admit when they open their mouths is truly horrific...Jerry doesn't know the salary cap situation? They won the offseason last year? I legitimately found more optimism during the Dave Campo years than I have this offseason. Only the Jones clan could make fans this apathetic after a 12 win season.

raven55

Reaction score
at the conference they still look like dumb and dumber and when the coach started talking they look like they had just eaten 20 lemons. I think he's on a short lease of life and he knows it

Sheepherder

Reaction score
The Jones' are happy as long as the Cowboys are relevant and in the news.

"Good enough" is good enough for them. So we're stuck with a team that makes the playoffs year in and year out but never takes the next step. Because of the clowns in charge.
They don't deserve this team. The fans are turning on them too. The fans need to go and watch that clip like someone mentioned. It says alot about Jerry and Stephen.

Last edited:

Sydla

Reaction score
Pretty much sums it up. It was a mixture of delusion, self praise, gaslighting and incompetence.

They've lost the plot at this point on how to build a winner and it's not going to get any better. I have little doubt that the ceiling for this franchise at this point is spit out some double digit win seasons here and there with little to no playoff experience until Stephen is out of the way, and that could be another decade or two.
And by the way, this is based on them still drafting well like they have.

If they start to stack a couple inept draft classes together, then suddenly, they are a middling franchise, struggling to even make the playoffs. Frankly, this is a very important draft for them. They botch this and they have some issues going forward unless they do a 180 on how they view/use FA.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score

really really well said cowboys fans are in for lots of dark days ahead