Note regarding Stephen and Jerrys press conference yesterday

Rayman70

Reaction score
At this point we are not longer looking forward to the Cowboys winning another Super Bowl. We are just waiting out the Jones era. Nothing great will happen until the Joneses move on from the Cowboys. And let's face it now, even if Jerry decides to retire, or the commissioner of life sidelines him for good, then Stephen takes over and he appears to be a bigger problem than Jerry.
The Jones error lol will continue until they are Heads in a glass Jar even then, they will be running the team . We will be long gone. Just look how many Joneses there are in the pipeline.
R.878b5c10feaa7adb04f1df441bec0222

plymkr

Reaction score
I have been thinking about how to properly convey my anger at these 2 after the presser yesterday. I figured it best to start with a story of accountablity. (Directly related to Stephens comments about winning the offseason).

We had an incident at work a while back where an employee was injured. It was the total fault of the foreman on site for not completing certain training elements for their roles, and for not paying attention to dangerous things happening on site.

The branch manager sat us all down for a meeting and while upset with the foreman, he took the blame sqaurely on his shoulders saying "I failed you by not keeping up with your training efforts and setting you up for failure." That is taking accountability. He wasnt even in the country when this happened but still took the blame and used it to make everyone better. Thats what leadership from the top is.

Now look at Jerry and Stephen saying they won the offseason. Firstly its a lie. Secondly its putting the blame on the shoulders of the players, and coaching staff instead of taking personal accountablity. Lets leave the fact neither of these guys is actually qualified to run a football team. Their complete arrogance and lack of any personal responsibility is telling of how the culture in Dallas truly is.

Lets look at another example. Jerry went on record saying when he made his "all-in" comment at the Senior Bowl, he had no idea how the salary cap looked at that time.

What GM isnt aware of their salary cap and where they currently stand? You want the title? Its your job to know these things. This again shows that the FO is out of touch. They are openly mocking the fans by saying things like this, and whats worse is they dont care.

This team's culture is rotten and a fish rots from the head down. Yesterday proved once again that this team has no direction. To think you are going to fix all of the issues and missing players in one draft is arrogant, and an insult to fans that are always here to support this team.
Well said

alicetooljam

Reaction score
The most BIZARRO press conference Ive ever seen from them. After seeing the threads started here last night I had to go watch and couldnt believe how it went from the get-go. They know the fans are turning...its why they were on the defense....so hard to listen to their crap at this point. Im not looking forward to this season, but I wont make any bold claims yet.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
This team has to hit rock bottom on the field and from a revenue standpoint. Then you hope the Jones family might sell the team. That might be the only hope long term for this franchise.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
what other team does a pre draft press conference? does anyone even know who the VP is of any other team? as for the press conference, that had to be the worst clown show of all

CWR

Reaction score
Ive said it before, we are watching a repeat of what the Raiders turned into when AL Davis didnt get out of the way ,refusing to cede power to someone younger and more capable.The next few years will be painful.
The problem is SJ is younger, but I've seen nothing from him to indicate he's more capable.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Jerry seems to be doing all he can to ruin whatever good will he ever had built up in the fanbase.

He seems bent to ruin everything he built from the franchise itself all the way down to the fansbase he helped cultivate through success.

It's sad that, here at the end, he is choosing to go out a villainous character.
Almost like the Joker...

fivetwos

Reaction score
All teams. But only most Dallas fans on here hate their own team about it.
Most teams do it from what I understand, but none of them are 82 years old and say that they are drafting 24th because they are the 24th best team and that were unaware of their own salary cap situation two months ago.

Every GM in the league should be aware of EVERY teams cap situation, not only their own.

Excuse us for being a little upset.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I have been thinking about how to properly convey my anger at these 2 after the presser yesterday. I figured it best to start with a story of accountablity. (Directly related to Stephens comments about winning the offseason).

We had an incident at work a while back where an employee was injured. It was the total fault of the foreman on site for not completing certain training elements for their roles, and for not paying attention to dangerous things happening on site.

The branch manager sat us all down for a meeting and while upset with the foreman, he took the blame sqaurely on his shoulders saying "I failed you by not keeping up with your training efforts and setting you up for failure." That is taking accountability. He wasnt even in the country when this happened but still took the blame and used it to make everyone better. Thats what leadership from the top is.

Now look at Jerry and Stephen saying they won the offseason. Firstly its a lie. Secondly its putting the blame on the shoulders of the players, and coaching staff instead of taking personal accountablity. Lets leave the fact neither of these guys is actually qualified to run a football team. Their complete arrogance and lack of any personal responsibility is telling of how the culture in Dallas truly is.

Lets look at another example. Jerry went on record saying when he made his "all-in" comment at the Senior Bowl, he had no idea how the salary cap looked at that time.

What GM isnt aware of their salary cap and where they currently stand? You want the title? Its your job to know these things. This again shows that the FO is out of touch. They are openly mocking the fans by saying things like this, and whats worse is they dont care.

This team's culture is rotten and a fish rots from the head down. Yesterday proved once again that this team has no direction. To think you are going to fix all of the issues and missing players in one draft is arrogant, and an insult to fans that are always here to support this team.
Jerry sucks as a GM. We all know that. Why thread after thread saying the same thing over and over again?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Jerry seems to be doing all he can to ruin whatever good will he ever had built up in the fanbase.

He seems bent to ruin everything he built from the franchise itself all the way down to the fansbase he helped cultivate through success.

It's sad that, here at the end, he is choosing to go out a villainous character.
So you actually think that Jerry is purposely trying to piss off the fan base? :lmao:

yunkie1970

Reaction score
Why don’t fans chant against the jones at the stadium ? I’d love to hear (Jerry sucks)coming from 80000 angry cowboys fans!!

MS17

Reaction score

Yes, sad. Things eventually fail, or collapse, like images of that classic final scene in "Apocalypse Now"; the madman Col. Kurtz/Brando, whispering his last dying words, "The horror. the horror!"

doomsday808

Reaction score
The only thing I heard from Jerry was a rambling mess. Old man jibber. Stephen would step in an try to make sense of what pops is saying. MM was on the left with nothing to contribute. First question at the 2:07 mark, Stephen turns it over to MM to finish of answering the question, JJ steps in and doesn't let MM get a word in. LOL
Credit to Jane Slater for making JJ uncomfortable with her questions.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

We are really screwed as fans as long as these 2 wannabes keep pretending they are competent GM/football men.
It's becoming painfully obvious they don't have a clue, and it's making it hard to care about the team, when you know we have no chance of playoff success.

cristglo

Reaction score

I feel right there with you my Friend and the more I listen to them the more sick it makes me and I never thought that I could feel this way.
Jerry Is so Smart he had NO idea about the Cap Its like Oj saying he didnt own those ugly molly brown shoes or the President saying I in No way had sexual relations with that woman.
The sad part is that this is What it is??? We are stuck with the Jones
I loved that Jane asked them why wait on getting the contracts done at TC How in the hades does that make any sense? Do they really believe the words coming out of their mouths?
Great Post by the way!