Note regarding Stephen and Jerrys press conference yesterday

cristglo

Reaction score
The only thing I heard from Jerry was a rambling mess. Old man jibber. Stephen would step in an try to make sense of what pops is saying. MM was on the left with nothing to contribute. First question at the 2:07 mark, Stephen turns it over to MM to finish of answering the question, JJ steps in and doesn't let MM get a word in. LOL
Credit to Jane Slater for making JJ uncomfortable with her questions.
I thought Jane did a pretty good Job MM just looked like he was there for dressing.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
It just goes to show the team has always had bigger problems than players and coaches. I never understood how or why Stephen Jones would always get free passes over the years. There are 100s of threads attacking Dak, Parsons, MM, and Jerry but you would pressed to find 5 or more holding Stephen accountable. What's crazy is you can argue he's the main problem............

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I have been thinking about how to properly convey my anger at these 2 after the presser yesterday. I figured it best to start with a story of accountablity. (Directly related to Stephens comments about winning the offseason).

We had an incident at work a while back where an employee was injured. It was the total fault of the foreman on site for not completing certain training elements for their roles, and for not paying attention to dangerous things happening on site.

The branch manager sat us all down for a meeting and while upset with the foreman, he took the blame sqaurely on his shoulders saying "I failed you by not keeping up with your training efforts and setting you up for failure." That is taking accountability. He wasnt even in the country when this happened but still took the blame and used it to make everyone better. Thats what leadership from the top is.

Now look at Jerry and Stephen saying they won the offseason. Firstly its a lie. Secondly its putting the blame on the shoulders of the players, and coaching staff instead of taking personal accountablity. Lets leave the fact neither of these guys is actually qualified to run a football team. Their complete arrogance and lack of any personal responsibility is telling of how the culture in Dallas truly is.

Lets look at another example. Jerry went on record saying when he made his "all-in" comment at the Senior Bowl, he had no idea how the salary cap looked at that time.

What GM isnt aware of their salary cap and where they currently stand? You want the title? Its your job to know these things. This again shows that the FO is out of touch. They are openly mocking the fans by saying things like this, and whats worse is they dont care.

This team's culture is rotten and a fish rots from the head down. Yesterday proved once again that this team has no direction. To think you are going to fix all of the issues and missing players in one draft is arrogant, and an insult to fans that are always here to support this team.
Here is the one thing people need to understand....we could land 8 pro bowlers in this draft....and it wouldn't matter. There are much bigger problems in this organization....and until those are fixed...this franchise isn't going anywhere.
First....and foremost....You need a culture change. 2nd....you need a head coach that has a play book more complicated than some high school level. 3rd....you need to find a QB. They have had almost 30 years to find one since Troy left. The fact they keep scrapping the bottom of the barrel for a QB ought to tell you something about how they value the position. It's a problem.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Here is the one thing people need to understand....we could land 8 pro bowlers in this draft....and it wouldn't matter. There are much bigger problems in this organization....and until those are fixed...this franchise isn't going anywhere.
First....and foremost....You need a culture change. 2nd....you need a head coach that has a play book more complicated than some high school level. 3rd....you need to find a QB. They have had almost 30 years to find one since Troy left. The fact they keep scrapping the bottom of the barrel for a QB ought to tell you something about how they value the position. It's a problem.
This

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
8 Pro bowlers would be a significant help.

raven55

Reaction score
they don't care that's the point. And that joker of a coach remember what he said WE WEREN"T PREPARE FOR THE PLAYOFF> SO what you get is what you get

cowboyed

Reaction score
Pretty much sums it up. It was a mixture of delusion, self praise, gaslighting and incompetence.

They've lost the plot at this point on how to build a winner and it's not going to get any better. I have little doubt that the ceiling for this franchise at this point is spit out some double digit win seasons here and there with little to no playoff experience until Stephen is out of the way, and that could be another decade or two.
Jerry would fart in his own space suit.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have been thinking about how to properly convey my anger at these 2 after the presser yesterday. I figured it best to start with a story of accountablity. (Directly related to Stephens comments about winning the offseason).

We had an incident at work a while back where an employee was injured. It was the total fault of the foreman on site for not completing certain training elements for their roles, and for not paying attention to dangerous things happening on site.

The branch manager sat us all down for a meeting and while upset with the foreman, he took the blame sqaurely on his shoulders saying "I failed you by not keeping up with your training efforts and setting you up for failure." That is taking accountability. He wasnt even in the country when this happened but still took the blame and used it to make everyone better. Thats what leadership from the top is.

Now look at Jerry and Stephen saying they won the offseason. Firstly its a lie. Secondly its putting the blame on the shoulders of the players, and coaching staff instead of taking personal accountablity. Lets leave the fact neither of these guys is actually qualified to run a football team. Their complete arrogance and lack of any personal responsibility is telling of how the culture in Dallas truly is.

Lets look at another example. Jerry went on record saying when he made his "all-in" comment at the Senior Bowl, he had no idea how the salary cap looked at that time.

What GM isnt aware of their salary cap and where they currently stand? You want the title? Its your job to know these things. This again shows that the FO is out of touch. They are openly mocking the fans by saying things like this, and whats worse is they dont care.

This team's culture is rotten and a fish rots from the head down. Yesterday proved once again that this team has no direction. To think you are going to fix all of the issues and missing players in one draft is arrogant, and an insult to fans that are always here to support this team.
:clap:

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
For real he went from "Im in charge from Jocks to Socks and the buck stops here" to "Its not me its you" and they wonder why #11 went from "Im here to be the diference" to "Man you need to get some players that make a diference" ..look Jerry there are people that listen to you..to bad you dont see it...