Note to "the Answer" J Garrett

Reaction score
A) We are allowed to run in this league, and

B) Not every pass route needs to be 20 yards down field...

Just a thought...

I won't even try to guess how Bruce Read keeps his job this week...

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Garretts mediocre game plan works against weaker teams but even then how many field goals did we settle for? 4 or 5? Garrett is not the answer...

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Quarterback Coach;2438439 said:

Just a thought...

A) We won
B) We won

Just a thought.

We have played far worse on special teams and he has kept his job.

Reaction score
Muhast;2438457 said:
A) We won
B) We won

Just a thought.

We have played far worse on special teams and he has kept his job.

Good points...settle for mediocrity...it has worked well. You fit in to the Phillips philosophy of coaching quite nicely.

alancdc

Reaction score
Don't understand why we don't get RW more involved. Seems like he is simply being wasted with the routs he is running.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Quarterback Coach;2438467 said:
Good points...settle for mediocrity...it has worked well. You fit in to the Phillips philosophy of coaching quite nicely.
We scored 35 points despite going into run out the clock mode just minutes into the 3rd quarter.

There are times you can legitimately ***** about Garrett's playcalling, but this isn't one of them.

elcocinero

Reaction score
alancdc;2438482 said:
Don't understand why we don't get RW more involved. Seems like he is simply being wasted with the routs he is running.

See Terrell Owens - 213 Yards...

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
The only thing I can grumble about is that I felt we didn't run outside enough w/ Barber. Everything seemed straight up the middle. The log-jam in the middle I like to call it. How many times did Barber run into big butts?

It also appeared like our WR's weren't blocking worth CRAP today.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Dallas;2438498 said:
The only thing I can grumble about is that I felt we didn't run outside enough w/ Barber. Everything seemed straight up the middle. The log-jam in the middle I like to call it. How many times did Barber run into big butts?

It also appeared like our WR's weren't blocking worth CRAP today.
They seemed prepared for that early on. I think their number one priority was to shut down Barber.

Reaction score
theogt;2438487 said:
We scored 35 points despite going into run out the clock mode just minutes into the 3rd quarter.

There are times you can legitimately ***** about Garrett's playcalling, but this isn't one of them.

Two words: San Francisco...let's look at the body of work against teams with winning records that can actually play Defense...

You are right though...if you are a crappy team...we have a game plan for you!

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Quarterback Coach;2438506 said:
Two words: San Francisco...let's look at the body of work against teams with winning records that can actually play Defense...

Our offense has averaged 28 points per game with Tony this year. That would put us 2nd in the league.

Just go away. Delete this address out of your bookmarks, please.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Quarterback Coach;2438506 said:

SF is not that crappy of a team. THEY BLEW OUT THE RAMS last week. :p:

The Rams punched us in the mouth and stole our lollipops a few weeks ago.

No - I will not forget it.

CPonder14

Reaction score
people just love to b itch for the sake of b itching. Relax, and enjoy life.....

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Quarterback Coach;2438439 said:

Just a thought...

You do realize that we averaged 3 yards per carry right? Combined with the fact that Romo put up over 300 yards and 3 touchdowns, while averaging over 8 yards per attempt?

You either A.) Dont know much about football... or B.) Need to piss and moan about EVERYTHING.

Do us all a favor and stop.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
alancdc;2438482 said:

Maybe because TO PUT UP OVER 200 YARDS RECEIVING!!!

What is it with you people today? Do we have to complain about everything. For future reference, when you have a receiver with over 200 yards of receiving, most of the other receivers aren't going to be very "involved"

Reaction score
theogt;2438515 said:
Our offense has averaged 28 points per game with Tony this year. That would put us 2nd in the league.

Just go away. Delete this address out of your bookmarks, please.

Yup...and we averaged 24 last year...yet we just can't seem to get over that playoff hurdle.

Wonder why...but if you are okay with regualr season championships I will gladly delete this bookmark.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Quarterback Coach;2438533 said:
Yup...and we averaged 24 last year...yet we just can't seem to get over that playoff hurdle.

Wonder why...but if you are okay with regualr season championships I will gladly delete this bookmark.
Maybe I missed it, but we haven't played a playoff game yet this season.

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2438523 said:
You do realize that we averaged 3 yards per carry right? Combined with the fact that Romo put up over 300 yards and 3 touchdowns, while averaging over 8 yards per attempt?

You either A.) Dont know much about football... or B.) Need to piss and moan about EVERYTHING.

Do us all a favor and stop.

You do realize that in order for defenses to allow you space to pass you must run, and most of our passing yards came from the fact that San fran decided not to press cover for some reason on 81...

Correct though I have no idea what I am talking about. Like I said settle for mediocrity. You are from Iowa. I wouldn't expect anything different.