Note to "the Answer" J Garrett

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Quarterback Coach;2438682 said:
Nope...his track record over the last month of last year...and the 1st half of this year when you are on tape is what will determine this. But like I said...if you are happy than stay happy. I am trying to look at the big picture and hopefully win a championship. You may be happy with Week 11 wins against San Francisco.
28 points per game.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Quarterback Coach;2438533 said:
Yup...and we averaged 24 last year...yet we just can't seem to get over that playoff hurdle.

Wonder why...but if you are okay with regualr season championships I will gladly delete this bookmark.

If only we could trust you to actually do this forum the favor of deleting it from your bookmark.

goliadmike

reader of rue
Reaction score
Quarterback Coach;2438643 said:
As far as a 4-4...at times they were rolling an additional DB to simulate a 4-4, but not what the "true" definition of the defense would be. They were rolling help over, but allowed Owens way to much room in the gaps. (i.e. the play in which he ran in to the free safety which allowed for more seperation on the route.

I know it wasn't a true 4-4 but the point I was trying to get across is that the 49er's were so committed to stopping the run they brought a safety that close to the line to where he wasn't just lined up just behind the linebackers he was up with them. They picked their poison(in trying to stop the run) and gambled on Nate being able to cover Owens and they got torched.

Quarterback Coach;2438643 said:
MY ISSUE IS THAT THE RUN IS NOT EVEN AN OPTION FOR US AT TIMES. we had a 12/24 split heading in to the 3rd??? Make the at least respect the run and give your D a chance to rest.

You are right at times the run won't be an option for us...like today. Unlike Washington that likes to trick us into throwing the ball by bringing up a safety and then dropping him back into coverage the 49ers were really committed to stopping the run. I'm all for running the ball but in the first half they were averaging less that 3 yards per carry. I have to say they did respect the Boys ability to run for when Garrett used the play action on the goal line it froze the linebackers long enough for Tony to get the ball to Bennett.

Reaction score
Skin;2438726 said:
Dude, I know people like you. They're called Commander fans.

I know people like you...they are called "WADE PHILLIPS coaches!"

Ask yourself if you think Jimmy Johnson would have been okay with that game. If you truly think he would have been than don't worry about what I write.

I think he would take the win, and then blow everyone up in meetings. (If not during the game.)

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Quarterback Coach;2438673 said:
Of course when I think educational standards I think iowa. Of course maybe this has to do with the fact that your numbers are skewed due to population breakdowns, lack of major metropolitan influences, etc. But go ahead and hang your hat on that one. When people look for education they don't think Harvard, Princeton, Cal, Stanford...NO...they think Iowa.

And yes...football 101..you must run. OR develop a passing attack like NE that uses short passes like last year to simulate runs. So yes...my ignorant self will argue to run...because...well, maybe I just like to control the clock, keep my defense off the field, dictate the flow of a game, wear down my opposing defense's line, free up space in a passing game, make a defense respect more than one aspect of my game plan, set-up play action, allow all of my offensive weapons to come in to play, and minimize chances at turnovers...but you are right...let's just pass 95% of the time.

We should have done this with Emmitt too right?

You named schools, not states you moron. And not once did I say you should think of Iowa over Ivy League schools. Stop taking my point to an extreme to try and fit your agenda.

And 2nd, stop dealing in absolutes with this team. Not once did I say every game we should follow this gameplan. Not once did I say pass 95% of the time(btw, we had a 60-40 pass/run ratio...quite far from 95%). Not once did I imply that. What I said was, they were taking away our running game (3YPC), and our pass was working well (8YPA, 200Yds Receiving) and you're arguing that we should have run the ball more. It is a completely ignorant and stupid argument given the success that we had.

No where did I say we need to follow this gameplan the rest of the year. But when a team is taking away your ability to run, and you are passing the ball well, continue to do what works. I dont see why this is so hard for you to understand.

Skin

Reaction score
Quarterback Coach;2438740 said:
I know people like you...they are called "WADE PHILLIPS coaches!"

Ask yourself if you think Jimmy Johnson would have been okay with that game. If you truly think he would have been than don't worry about what I write.

I think he would take the win, and then blow everyone up in meetings. (If not during the game.)

Man, the only thing more tired than your "act" is when people like yourself bring out the "WWJD" talk. I don't care what Jimmy would have done or said.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2438732 said:
If only we could trust you to actually do this forum the favor of deleting it from your bookmark.

That, and just stop posting. It would do everyone involved a favor.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2438741 said:
You named schools, not states you moron. And not once did I say you should think of Iowa over Ivy League schools. Stop taking my point to an extreme to try and fit your agenda.

And 2nd, stop dealing in absolutes with this team. Not once did I say every game we should follow this gameplan. Not once did I say pass 95% of the time(btw, we had a 60-40 pass/run ratio...quite far from 95%). Not once did I imply that. What I said was, they were taking away our running game (3YPC), and our pass was working well (8YPA, 200Yds Receiving) and you're arguing that we should have run the ball more. It is a completely ignorant and stupid argument given the success that we had.

No where did I say we need to follow this gameplan the rest of the year. But when a team is taking away your ability to run, and you are passing the ball well, continue to do what works. I dont see why this is so hard for you to understand.

Save yourself the trouble. He's ignorant and has already proven it many times over in this thread. Trying to show him anything that even resembles actual thoughts and logic is a waste of time.

He'll be banned soon enough for being a troll anyway cause there is absolutely no way that he's actually a Cowboys fan.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Quarterback Coach;2438746 said:
Now that is a good point. I just want balance. It will serve us in the long run I am certain.

You seemingly just want to ***** and moan, and insult people according to their geography.

Skin

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2438761 said:
Save yourself the trouble. He's ignorant and has already proven it many times over in this thread. Trying to show him anything that even resembles actual thoughts and logic is a waste of time.

He'll be banned soon enough for being a troll anyway cause there is absolutely no way that he's actually a Cowboys fan.

On the money. Go read his posts. Joins in October when the team is down and I didn't see one positive word in any of his drivel.

Everson24

Reaction score
Quarterback Coach;2438439 said:
A) We are allowed to run in this league, and

B) Not every pass route needs to be 20 yards down field...

Just a thought...

I won't even try to guess how Bruce Read keeps his job this week...

I know. If we cant run the ball effectively and continue to only run the deep routes we will get killed by that Steelers defense and I will have to listen to the idiot Steelers fans for another four years.:bang2:

Shotgun Dave

Reaction score
Quarterback Coach;2438682 said:
You may be happy with Week 11 wins against San Francisco.

QB Coach,

I have to wonder what you do for a living or if you actually are a QB Coach - even for fun. I wonder because Dallas is a team that has faced all sorts of adversity this year, most notably injuries to key players (Romo, Felix, McBriar, and Newman to name just a handful) and even though Dallas won the game it seems all you can see are reasons to complain. Can you count the teams with a better record than Dallas right now? Five. That's it.

When you play only 16 games in a season and had a (injury-riddled) stretch where you were lucky to win even one game, ANY win is a big win. I share your gripe that at times we seem to have forgotten who our RB's were (not giving Felix any carries in the first Foreskins game was ludicrous) but, dude, we put up 35 points against a pretty good (not great) SF team. What do you want? Perfection? It's not like we won in overtime. Take away their garbage-time TD and we beat them by nearly 3 TD's.

I'm as unhappy as any Cowboys fan that we have had first round exits the last couple of seasons, but can't you celebrate the fact that we've won 2 in a row now? Winning today - even over a team as lowly (at least in your eyes) as SF went a LONG way to helping Dallas secure that playoff spot.

I'd hate to be around you after a loss. Sheesh.

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2438741 said:
You named schools, not states you moron. And not once did I say you should think of Iowa over Ivy League schools. Stop taking my point to an extreme to try and fit your agenda.]

Wow...I have an agenda now. I didn't know. I was referencing areas by the way, not schools. the schools just represent the areas where most people look to education. Iowa is 9th in the union. Not bad I will admit, but again these numbers are skewed based on a multitude of factors.

[And 2nd, stop dealing in absolutes with this team. Not once did I say every game we should follow this gameplan. Not once did I say pass 95% of the time(btw, we had a 60-40 pass/run ratio...quite far from 95%). Not once did I imply that. What I said was, they were taking away our running game (3YPC), and our pass was working well (8YPA, 200Yds Receiving) and you're arguing that we should have run the ball more. It is a completely ignorant and stupid argument given the success that we had.]

It is not ignorant. The bottom line is that balance is needed in the long term success of this team. We had no balance in games that we seem to lose. And no I do not mean due to the fact we are behind and must throw. I am talking about the 1st halves. We won...that is good, I am happy, BUT, I am concerned that we will not adjust just like last year. That is it...no need to get mad at me...It's my opinion.

[No where did I say we need to follow this gameplan the rest of the year. But when a team is taking away your ability to run, and you are passing the ball well, continue to do what works. I dont see why this is so hard for you to understand.

By the way...best relationship I ever had was with a girl from Iowa...so I don't hate you all...

Reaction score
Skin;2438770 said:
On the money. Go read his posts. Joins in October when the team is down and I didn't see one positive word in any of his drivel.

Wow how quickly we forget how Jimmy Johnson coached this team...Being average should never be acceptable to you guys.

Sadly it appears that the darn cheerleading coaches (per CMT) get this more than some of us...I mean YOU.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Quarterback Coach;2438794 said:
Wow how quickly we forget how Jimmy Johnson coached this team...Being average should never be acceptable to you guys.

Sadly it appears that the darn cheerleading coaches (per CMT) get this more than some of us...I mean YOU.

The fact that you're living so far in the past that you're still humping Jimmy Johnsons leg is pathetic.

He hasn't been here in 14+ friggen years dude. Let it go.

CPonder14

Reaction score
Quarterback Coach;2438796 said:
Another option...DONT REPLY TO MY POSTS...there is a thought huh?

are you as miserable in real life as you are on these message boards? Relax and enjoy the win.