Note to "the Answer" J Garrett

Skin

Reaction score
Quarterback Coach;2438784 said:
By the way...best relationship I ever had was with a girl from Iowa...so I don't hate you all...

Did it end when she found out you were posing as the fan of a team while posting on a fan website for that team? Guess she realized she couldn't trust you because you might be pretending to be hetero.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Quarterback Coach;2438439 said:
A) We are allowed to run in this league, and

you might want to remind the OL then, because in order to run the football with success you normally need the OL to actually block somebody. I know this is a difficult concept for you to understand.

B) Not every pass route needs to be 20 yards down field...

it wasnt, what are you freaking talking about? and oh by the way, the deep balls were what was open...

Just a thought...

another thought...maybe watch the game next time

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
CowboyFan74;2438454 said:
Garretts mediocre game plan works against weaker teams but even then how many field goals did we settle for? 4 or 5? Garrett is not the answer...

yeah, didnt you see Garrett out there missing all those blocks?

:rolleyes:

Reaction score
Shotgun Dave;2438779 said:
QB Coach,

I have to wonder what you do for a living or if you actually are a QB Coach - even for fun. I wonder because Dallas is a team that has faced all sorts of adversity this year, most notably injuries to key players (Romo, Felix, McBriar, and Newman to name just a handful) and even though Dallas won the game it seems all you can see are reasons to complain. Can you count the teams with a better record than Dallas right now? Five. That's it.

When you play only 16 games in a season and had a (injury-riddled) stretch where you were lucky to win even one game, ANY win is a big win. I share your gripe that at times we seem to have forgotten who our RB's were (not giving Felix any carries in the first Foreskins game was ludicrous) but, dude, we put up 35 points against a pretty good (not great) SF team. What do you want? Perfection? It's not like we won in overtime. Take away their garbage-time TD and we beat them by nearly 3 TD's.

I'm as unhappy as any Cowboys fan that we have had first round exits the last couple of seasons, but can't you celebrate the fact that we've won 2 in a row now? Winning today - even over a team as lowly (at least in your eyes) as SF went a LONG way to helping Dallas secure that playoff spot.

I'd hate to be around you after a loss. Sheesh.

Those are good points.

I am not fun around loses. I don't accept them. Sadly i think many do. I can certainly celebrate 2 in a row. THAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING. But, I want better.

I want discipline in the coaching and playing, balance, and heart. I choose to get mad at my team when I do not see things being done that should. I am not the perfect fan, but only because I love them so much. I am hard on those I care about. If I don't have any use for you then I don't get involved. I just cheer differently and want more from the talent I see.

i want what NY is putting together, and Tennessee, and even New Engalnd with similar injury issues. That's it.

Reaction score
Skin;2438805 said:
Did it end when she found out you were posing as the fan of a team while posting on a fan website for that team? Guess she realized she couldn't trust you because you might be pretending to be hetero.

Oh bless your heart...No it ended when I moved to Florida and found a hotter chick.

As far as posing as a fan...you are right. My favorite player at one time was Mike Saxon becuase he signed a ball for me. Posers tend to follow punters who shank their first punt in Super Bowl.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Quarterback Coach;2438811 said:
Those are good points.

I am not fun around loses. I don't accept them. Sadly i think many do. I can certainly celebrate 2 in a row. THAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING. But, I want better.

I want discipline in the coaching and playing, balance, and heart. I choose to get mad at my team when I do not see things being done that should. I am not the perfect fan, but only because I love them so much. I am hard on those I care about. If I don't have any use for you then I don't get involved. I just cheer differently and want more from the talent I see.

i want what NY is putting together, and Tennessee, and even New Engalnd with similar injury issues. That's it.

You mean you wanted SF to score 29 on us today, like the Cards did on NY? YOu wanted SF to beat the pants off of us today like the Jets did the Titans?

And I guess while Cassell was out there throwing for 400+ yards the last two games, going 1-1, it was ok with you that they didn't have anything resembling a balanced attack.

But Dallas runs 25 times, puts up 35 points, gets 300 yards out of their QB and 200+ yards out of their #1 WR and you're pissed off that they didn't do enough to please you.

Good one.

Why don't you seen Wade Phillips, Jerry Jones, and Jason Garrett a memo telling them how you expect far more out of them and how you won't be happy till you see it. I'll bet they'll lose a great deal of sleep over you and your complaints.

StylisticS

Reaction score
The only thing that concerned me with Garrett is that he passed the ball to much earlier in teh game. There was a time when we passed it 14 times and only ran it 4 times. But Garrett than started to run the ball a bit more and it became more balanced. I am still a Garrett fan. This is not the game to call him out.

CowboyFan74;2438454 said:
Garretts mediocre game plan works against weaker teams but even then how many field goals did we settle for? 4 or 5? Garrett is not the answer...

Let's see. After a slow start, we still put up 22 points before halftime. When will people start blaming players for their lack of execution on their assignments and not put everything on the coach.

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2438825 said:
You mean you wanted SF to score 29 on us today, like the Cards did on NY? YOu wanted SF to beat the pants off of us today like the Jets did the Titans?

And I guess while Cassell was out there throwing for 400+ yards the last two games, going 1-1, it was ok with you that they didn't have anything resembling a balanced attack.

But Dallas runs 25 times, puts up 35 points, gets 300 yards out of their QB and 200+ yards out of their #1 WR and you're pissed off that they didn't do enough to please you.

Good one.

Why don't you seen Wade Phillips, Jerry Jones, and Jason Garrett a memo telling them how you expect far more out of them and how you won't be happy till you see it. I'll bet they'll lose a great deal of sleep over you and your complaints.

No...they wouldn't lose sleep. They might have another off season full of rest though if they are happy with what they see.

And yes. I am pissed. I see problems that we still don't correct. But a win is a win right...just until it cost you in January...again. (But wade will argue that a bye was as good as a playoff win...***???)

The fact that NE can go 7-4 with a back-up while we go...well, you know is what my point is. THEIR COACHES WORK WITH WHAT THEY HAVE. WE leave the entire play book open for Brad Johnson (who garrett kept by the way)...You are right...I am an idiot. We are prepared much better.

And I would trade places with Tennesse any day...10-1 as oppossed to outside looking in...yeah, I'll trade. The key is how we progress. It is going in the right direction, but tests are ahead. THAT IS MY POINT...look beyond one game.

Reaction score
Let's see. After a slow start, we still put up 22 points before halftime. When will people start blaming players for their lack of execution on their assignments and not put everything on the coach.[/quote]

The coaches are suppossed to do this...Wade is too concerned that people are all warm and fuzzy though.

CPonder14

Reaction score
Quarterback Coach;2438857 said:
No...they wouldn't lose sleep. They might have another off season full of rest though if they are happy with what they see.

And yes. I am pissed. I see problems that we still don't correct. But a win is a win right...just until it cost you in January...again. (But wade will argue that a bye was as good as a playoff win...***???)

The fact that NE can go 7-4 with a back-up while we go...well, you know is what my point is. THEIR COACHES WORK WITH WHAT THEY HAVE. WE leave the entire play book open for Brad Johnson (who garrett kept by the way)...You are right...I am an idiot. We are prepared much better.

And I would trade places with Tennesse any day...10-1 as oppossed to outside looking in...yeah, I'll trade. The key is how we progress. It is going in the right direction, but tests are ahead. THAT IS MY POINT...look beyond one game.

ok ill look beyond one game. But what good will that do, I have no say in the gameplan nor can I predict the future. Sit back and enjoy the ride as Romo likes to say.

CPonder14

Reaction score
Quarterback Coach;2438865 said:
Let's see. After a slow start, we still put up 22 points before halftime. When will people start blaming players for their lack of execution on their assignments and not put everything on the coach.

The coaches are suppossed to do this...Wade is too concerned that people are all warm and fuzzy though.[/QUOTE]

Wade has actually said he gets on players in practice. We know Garrett and Stewart do(Hard Knocks). He just protects them from the media.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Quarterback Coach;2438857 said:

I'm looking at 2-0 since Romo came back with a tough, needed, win on the road in Washington and then getting the W that we had to have against SF.

I'm am looking ahead now...to Seattle. That is as far ahead as I'll look because looking further than that is stupid.

As long as we beat Seattle, rather we do it by 20 or by 1, is all I care about this week and I'll start caring about that tomorrow.

Tonight I'll celebrate.

Reaction score
CPonder14;2438869 said:
ok ill look beyond one game. But what good will that do, I have no say in the gameplan nor can I predict the future. Sit back and enjoy the ride as Romo likes to say.

Okay...let's hope the ride continues in four days all the way through February...this time with a few less bumps

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2438876 said:
I'm looking at 2-0 since Romo came back with a tough, needed, win on the road in Washington and then getting the W that we had to have against SF.

I'm am looking ahead now...to Seattle. That is as far ahead as I'll look because looking further than that is stupid.

As long as we beat Seattle, rather we do it by 20 or by 1, is all I care about this week and I'll start caring about that tomorrow.

Tonight I'll celebrate.

I can even live with that...I JUST WANT BETTER...that's it.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
dbair1967;2438810 said:
yeah, didnt you see Garrett out there missing all those blocks?

:rolleyes:

Run a screen, run a slant, run the wheel. Get the ball out quicker. Go 4 or 5 wide every now and then:eek:

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
CowboyFan74;2438909 said:
Run a screen, run a slant, run the wheel. Get the ball out quicker. Go 4 or 5 wide every now and then:eek:

they ran several screens, what game did you watch?

they ran several slants again, what game did you watch?

why would be go with 4 or 5 WR's? You want Witten off the field for Stanback? You want Barber out of the game?

Thankfully you arnt coaching are team.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
utrunner07;2438594 said:
And...funny that the same people defending Garrett's game plan today and saying a win is a win are some of the same defending this team after the Cinnci debacle and saying a win is a win....

Did that cincinatti win not count for us? I thought it did.

So we should just go through and omit wins against bad teams.

So Atlanta has won 1 game this year by that logic.

To bad that doesnt actually apply. :(

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
dbair1967;2439051 said:
they ran several screens, what game did you watch?

they ran several slants again, what game did you watch?

why would be go with 4 or 5 WR's? You want Witten off the field for Stanback? You want Barber out of the game?

Thankfully you arnt coaching are team.

What no love for the wheel???:confused::confused::confused: