Note to "the Answer" J Garrett

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Quarterback Coach;2438562 said:
May not play in one at all if stuff doesn't change.
Yup. If we keep scoring 28 points per game, we're screwed!

utrunner07

Reaction score
Muhast;2438457 said:
A) We won
B) We won

Just a thought.

A) It was San Fransisco
B) It was San Fransisco

Against a better team we loose this game, too much settling for field goals. Jason Garrett needs to be gone after this season, either that or it needs to be the new HC decision to keep him, not Jerry's.

wick

Reaction score
Quarterback Coach;2438439 said:
A) We are allowed to run in this league, and

B) Not every pass route needs to be 20 yards down field...

Just a thought...

I won't even try to guess how Bruce Read keeps his job this week...

We didn't throw every pass 20 yards downfield, but increasing our downfield passing is absolutely critical to our success and was the major offensive reason why we won today. I'm at a loss as to why you think that's a bad thing given the results.

utrunner07

Reaction score
And...funny that the same people defending Garrett's game plan today and saying a win is a win are some of the same defending this team after the Cinnci debacle and saying a win is a win....

Reaction score
theogt;2438568 said:
Yup. If we keep scoring 28 points per game, we're screwed!

Okay...we can go on about this forever. We put up 28 against top D's then I will come to your side. There is a reason it is called an average. We score against crap...then lose when we run this same game plan against balanced D's.

We will see what happens in Pittsburgh. If I am wrong, then I will gladly admit it. Sadly I think we may see a reaccurrence of the game against New York last year come playoff time, and Washington week 4, etc.

Reaction score
wick;2438590 said:
We didn't throw every pass 20 yards downfield, but increasing our downfield passing is absolutely critical to our success and was the major offensive reason why we won today. I'm at a loss as to why you think that's a bad thing given the results.

Only in regard to ball control. I loved the washington game plan last week.

goliadmike

reader of rue
Reaction score
Quarterback Coach;2438439 said:
A) We are allowed to run in this league, and

B) Not every pass route needs to be 20 yards down field...

Just a thought...

I won't even try to guess how Bruce Read keeps his job this week...

Just a thought...

Maybe you didn't see the dump offs Romo threw to Barber or...

How committed to stopping the run the 9er's were in fact on a lot of plays the safety was so far up in the box it looked like they were running a 4-4 today or...

Since the 9er's weren't using help over the top Garrett and Romo figured why not go over the top? Guess what it worked! or...

Thanks to our O-line we were not in a very good position with the false starts and bad blocking to continue to run the ball. Today we had to throw to set up what little running we were able to do in the third and fourth quarter.

I don't know why Read still has his job either but today is not really a day to get on him. For the most part the special teams play was good except for Crayton running into his blocker after the safety, Folk kicking the ball out of bounds on the kick off, and the last kickoff coverage. Today I was happy with the kick off coverage except the last one, I loved the blocked punt and the punt coverage was great in fact they played a big part in our win today.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Quarterback Coach;2438600 said:
Okay...we can go on about this forever. We put up 28 against top D's then I will come to your side. There is a reason it is called an average. We score against crap...then lose when we run this same game plan against balanced D's.

We will see what happens in Pittsburgh. If I am wrong, then I will gladly admit it. Sadly I think we may see a reaccurrence of the game against New York last year come playoff time, and Washington week 4, etc.
Yup, and our average with Romo is higher than 30 other teams.

Reaction score
goliadmike;2438616 said:
Just a thought...

Maybe you didn't see the dump offs Romo threw to Barber or...

How committed to stopping the run the 9er's were in fact on a lot of plays the safety was so far up in the box it looked like they were running a 4-4 today or...

Since the 9er's weren't using help over the top Garrett and Romo figured why not go over the top? Guess what it worked! or...

Thanks to our O-line we were not in a very good position with the false starts and bad blocking to continue to run the ball. Today we had to throw to set up what little running we were able to do in the third and fourth quarter.

I don't know why Read still has his job either but today is not really a day to get on him. For the most part the special teams play was good except for Crayton running into his blocker after the safety, Folk kicking the ball out of bounds on the kick off, and the last kickoff coverage. Today I was happy with the kick off coverage except the last one, I loved the blocked punt and the punt coverage was great in fact they played a big part in our win today.

The dump offs are good...they are are 4th progression read, and seemingly have become a nice option lately.

As far as a 4-4...at times they were rolling an additional DB to simulate a 4-4, but not what the "true" definition of the defense would be. They were rolling help over, but allowed Owens way to much room in the gaps. (i.e. the play in which he ran in to the free safety which allowed for more seperation on the route.

The O-Line...agree with you 100%. No discipline..for years. It could be an issue when you LT has almost as many penalties at the entire New England team.

MY ISSUE IS THAT THE RUN IS NOT EVEN AN OPTION FOR US AT TIMES. we had a 12/24 split heading in to the 3rd??? Make the at least respect the run and give your D a chance to rest.

Read...two decent plays do not make up for continual errors in coverage, kicking the ball out of bounds, 32 yard punts, not expecting an on-sides kick (again)...etc.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Quarterback Coach;2438558 said:
You do realize that in order for defenses to allow you space to pass you must run, and most of our passing yards came from the fact that San fran decided not to press cover for some reason on 81...

Correct though I have no idea what I am talking about. Like I said settle for mediocrity. You are from Iowa. I wouldn't expect anything different.

You MUST run? So when their main gameplan was to stop the run, and were not focusing on stopping Owens downfield, we still must run? Talk about ignorant. You're arguing to run more when we averaged 3 yards per carry, our QB put up over 300 yards and 3 TDs and a receiver put up over TWO HUNDRED YARDS RECEIVING. Absolutely unbelievable.

And yes, I am from Iowa, one of the better educated states, if not THE best in the nation. Keep talking shmuck, because you're only making yourself look like an even bigger idiot.

Reaction score
theogt;2438627 said:
Yup, and our average with Romo is higher than 30 other teams.

Here is a stat better than the "average with Romo"...ready for it.

Playoff wins in the last decade...Z E R O.

But as far as fantasy footbal numbers I am sure we kick butt.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Go root for the Commanders. Oh, yeah. We thumped them, too.

Jason Garrett gave Barber 19 carries. I give Jason Garrett credit for sticking with the run. He did the right thing even though it didn't work great today. The runs serve its purpose even when it isn't clicking. It protects your quarterback, and it keeps the thirds downs within reach. Plus, Romo threw it to Barber 7 times, and he had over 100 yards of total offense.

This team can beat you on the ground or in the air. Today, it was Tony Romo dropping deeep dimes on the 49ers. They don't got milk. They got torched.

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2438644 said:
You MUST run? So when their main gameplan was to stop the run, and were not focusing on stopping Owens downfield, we still must run? Talk about ignorant. You're arguing to run more when we averaged 3 yards per carry, our QB put up over 300 yards and 3 TDs and a receiver put up over TWO HUNDRED YARDS RECEIVING. Absolutely unbelievable.

And yes, I am from Iowa, one of the better educated states, if not THE best in the nation. Keep talking shmuck, because you're only making yourself look like an even bigger idiot.

Of course when I think educational standards I think iowa. Of course maybe this has to do with the fact that your numbers are skewed due to population breakdowns, lack of major metropolitan influences, etc. But go ahead and hang your hat on that one. When people look for education they don't think Harvard, Princeton, Cal, Stanford...NO...they think Iowa.

And yes...football 101..you must run. OR develop a passing attack like NE that uses short passes like last year to simulate runs. So yes...my ignorant self will argue to run...because...well, maybe I just like to control the clock, keep my defense off the field, dictate the flow of a game, wear down my opposing defense's line, free up space in a passing game, make a defense respect more than one aspect of my game plan, set-up play action, allow all of my offensive weapons to come in to play, and minimize chances at turnovers...but you are right...let's just pass 95% of the time.

We should have done this with Emmitt too right?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Quarterback Coach;2438652 said:
Here is a stat better than the "average with Romo"...ready for it.

Playoff wins in the last decade...Z E R O.

But as far as fantasy footbal numbers I am sure we kick butt.
Right, because what happened 7 years ago matters in our judgment of how Garrett is performing as a playcaller today.

Good one.

Reaction score
41gy#;2438666 said:
Dude, go root for the Commanders. Oh, yeah. We thumped them, too.

1-1 against them...and they have have 5 of the last 9 I think. But you are right....those are good numbers.

Reaction score
theogt;2438674 said:
Right, because what happened 7 years ago matters in our judgment of how Garrett is performing as a playcaller today.

Good one.

Nope...his track record over the last month of last year...and the 1st half of this year when you are on tape is what will determine this. But like I said...if you are happy than stay happy. I am trying to look at the big picture and hopefully win a championship. You may be happy with Week 11 wins against San Francisco.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Yeah those 20+ carries by the Cowboys must not have been enough evidence that the Niners weren't going to let us run.

Barber carried the ball 19 times and Choice had 6 carries. The Niners were not going to let us run.