Nothing to be positive about

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
And I mean nothing....the last 2 weeks have totally gutted me. Its why I no longer have the first 6 games of our schedule (Home & Away) memorized before the season starts...its why I haven't worn any Cowboy cap or clothing in years....its why despite living 40 miles from AT&T Stadium, I wouldn't attend a game if Boogers Strip Club Bus picked me up at my front door. It's also why despite not being a huge baseball fan, my Dodgers have jumped the Cowboys in garnering my utmost devotion....sure they have more money than anyone....I get that.....but they are ALL ABOUT WINNING. I cannot think of ONE positive thing right now to get excited about....in two weeks, we've been caught by several teams and lapped by others. Next year is gonna be a disaster of major proportions....get ready. If you think that I'm way off base, I'd love to hear why. I never in a million years thought my Cowboys would take second place to any of my other sports teams...but it has happened. Am I alone?
No there are a lot of quitters out there.

CWR

Reaction score
Cap space for who? More JAG's??? The only reason we signed Anger is to make the most out of failed Duk Pratfall drives.

I don't know. The point is its there, and hopefully, they have a plan to use it, if not this year than next. For all I know, they will rid us of bad contracts and try to load up next year with a new coach. I don't have a clue as to their logic, but I doubt we just end up being a team that falls 30 million under the cap year after year.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Rome# Dallas is burning while twiddle Dee and twiddle dumb watches. I'm getting to the point where I hope I don't even care anymore. Obviously, they don't so why should Cowboy Nation. Jerry probably isn't even there anymore and Stephen cheap azzzzz never was awake. Just disgusting how far this once proud organization has fallen under these two BoZo's:facepalm:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
And I mean nothing....the last 2 weeks have totally gutted me. Its why I no longer have the first 6 games of our schedule (Home & Away) memorized before the season starts...its why I haven't worn any Cowboy cap or clothing in years....its why despite living 40 miles from AT&T Stadium, I wouldn't attend a game if Boogers Strip Club Bus picked me up at my front door. It's also why despite not being a huge baseball fan, my Dodgers have jumped the Cowboys in garnering my utmost devotion....sure they have more money than anyone....I get that.....but they are ALL ABOUT WINNING. I cannot think of ONE positive thing right now to get excited about....in two weeks, we've been caught by several teams and lapped by others. Next year is gonna be a disaster of major proportions....get ready. If you think that I'm way off base, I'd love to hear why. I never in a million years thought my Cowboys would take second place to any of my other sports teams...but it has happened. Am I alone?
You're still complaining?
:facepalm:

UncleOscar

Reaction score
For the last several years we've been a very average team that was way over rated. Now we are a mediocre lower tier team that isn't over rated any more. Pretty much everyone agrees we are run by two hickish jokes.

Flamma

Reaction score

We get it, but you're entering flat earth territory here with that comment. And 40 minutes should be more than enough time.

Seriously. I used to love baseball. I can't watch it anymore. Same with the NBA. I can watch college basketball, not the NBA. So I'm not left with much.

RS12

Reaction score
What do you mean? A shot of being repeat NFC East champions doesnt excite you? If you look real hard there is a tiny bit of good news. Most of these bums they signed, or brought back will have little to no cap hit when they get rid of em. See, dumpster diving does have an upside.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Im telling you I have always been and try and remain a glass half full kind of guy.
I try my best and endorse any and all signings always, and try and find some positives with the Fowlers and the Washingtons, and there are, just to be honest some nice remaining upside with those players, but those are moves the contenders in this league make for depth and we are pretending to be replacing starters with upside potential.
Thats a great concept and cap saver if you can savor the flavor and develop these two into solid contributors in a yr or two, but expecting even immediate replacement of Gregory and Cooper is a reach, esp with Coop.
I applaud the attempt, at least they are trying to absorb the punches coming with these signings, but even they know and are understanding what the "real"cap is all about.
What Stephen is trying to translate to the masses is that a real cap exists when your paying franchise 2nd contract QB money to a 2nd contract average joe QB.
Some say we had to do it because its so hard to try and draft one again.... said in my best whiny voice...
Jones Boys have no one to blame but themselves, but you endorsed Dak as your franchise QB Jerry...
Now got out and do what the rest of the SB contenders and Lombardi getters have done and endorse your investment and spend every dime you have to spend and explore every crack and crevasse cap related that you can and
spend on more than this pathetic ploy.
Endorse your investment and go all in or get off the pot already Jerry, you are stinking up the joint with all of your half indecisions.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
As long as Jerry runs this team, it's going to be a circus.
It's about entertainment as well as winning and the two don't mesh well.
Btw: go Dodgers!!!
How bout that freeman signing?
That's how you do free agency!

links18

Reaction score
Not at all. We are a rudderless team led by a couple of morons, each moronic in a different way to complement each other and form like a superpowered double moron from which there is no escape or hope for the future
Together the Jones Boyz form Morontron! Watch Sunday afternoons in the fall!

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
We probably signed more guys than anyone....sure....it isnt the high impact that we want but we had more to try and retain than anyone.

It's not over yet and we are in good shape capwise.
They have started making moves in the free agency and I like every one of them

Reactions: Ken