Nothing to be positive about

offlimits

Reaction score
yeah! just be glad they haven't disbanded the cowboys. be happy, does winning games mean anything. sheesh, they're children in China who don't have a cowboys jersey and can't eat well but they love their? um, smog fiilled air and don't complain about it. be glad you don't live in a smog country.. and getting paid a dollar a day isn't bad.

...and it beats being in a CCP prison camp. Yay!

offlimits

Reaction score
While it's true that the Cowboys aren't the best team around, they're surely not the worst, either. Despite the fact that I have no admiration for Jerry and Stephen as our gallant leaders, I also still enjoy watching this team play. Credit that to the fact that I no longer expect Super Bowl contention. Those days were done and buried with the departures of people like Tom Landry, Tex Schramm and Jimmy Johnson. Be content to watch the Cowboys and just be entertained. The days of glorious seasons and impressive championships are in the rear-view mirror until they're not. In the meantime, try to be happy!
Face it, folks -- life is too short to wish for things you can't have but rather, make the most of what you've got. ;)

Tony Robbins?

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
And I mean nothing....the last 2 weeks have totally gutted me. Its why I no longer have the first 6 games of our schedule (Home & Away) memorized before the season starts...its why I haven't worn any Cowboy cap or clothing in years....its why despite living 40 miles from AT&T Stadium, I wouldn't attend a game if Boogers Strip Club Bus picked me up at my front door. It's also why despite not being a huge baseball fan, my Dodgers have jumped the Cowboys in garnering my utmost devotion....sure they have more money than anyone....I get that.....but they are ALL ABOUT WINNING. I cannot think of ONE positive thing right now to get excited about....in two weeks, we've been caught by several teams and lapped by others. Next year is gonna be a disaster of major proportions....get ready. If you think that I'm way off base, I'd love to hear why. I never in a million years thought my Cowboys would take second place to any of my other sports teams...but it has happened. Am I alone?
And what makes it even worse is the fact that the NFC is wide open, a lot of talent shifted to the AFC. Smh. I love the Dodgers, I attend 5 games a year minimum. Can't see anyone beating them for the WS especially if Dustin May and Bauer pitch for us this year! Freddie Freeman is gonna be clutch for us.

jnday

Reaction score
I don't agree, rough lad, that Stephen will be worse.
Blimey, Limey! Stephen won't dote on players and head cases as much as Jerry, and Stephen's heart is smaller than his brain (you know what I mean, ruffians)
Otherwise, well done.
The problem with Stephen is that he is a first class cheapskate. Since he has took on more responsibility, he doesn’t even try to sign free agents unless they are the bottom barrel quality. No organization can can field top quality teams without smart free agent signings. This BS about just keeping their own players and considering those players as top free agent signings is not getting the job done. I don’t like the ideal of signing top tier free agents and overpaying them , but there is always some mid-tier free agents that could really help the team and not ruin the salary cap. Stephen doesn’t sign those, which is just dumb IMO. If they make an offer to some of these free agents, the offer is not competitive compared to what other teams are offering the player. Garbage dumpster free agents are the only players that Stephen seems to like enough to sign them. No team drafts well enough to not need a couple free agents to plug the holes on the team. After Jerry passes on, I think Stephen will be even cheaper.

jnday

Reaction score
What if there was no football? What if there was a giant asteroid headed toward earth? What if you were on a ventilator? No TV or cellphones? War on our shore? Hostile aliens? It’s a freakin’ game! Get some perspective. Get a grip!
The Cowboys are not even in my top100 of the priorities in my life. They have never offered me a single dime, but they are a form of entertainment and it would nice if the entertainment was winning Super Bowls, which would be much more entertaining. Judging my perspective from reading a few posts on a message board can be very misleading.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nothing? Sure, we all wanted more in the off season than this but would you be positive about the contract BUF gave Miller?

There are positives. Keeping Quinn is a huge positive and adding Shottenheimer is another.

We have players going into their 2nd and 3rd years we do not know about yet. Did we really see Diggs coming with that year last season? Got some other youngsters showing real promise on the defense.

Got the draft and that 1st rounder last season was an all world pick.

Got a QB that looks to be healthier to start this season and we could see a return to being a dual threat.

Folks, FOLKS!!!!! This was a 12 win team and damned few of us saw that coming and certainly not around this same time last year.

Want to feel more positive? Don't give into the negative vibe that playoff game left in your mouths. Let it go.

And for cryin' out loud, stop chastising posters for how they feel and sharing it. Not everyone that is not feeling positive wants to feel that way.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Nothing? Sure, we all wanted more in the off season than this but would you be positive about the contract BUF gave Miller?

There are positives. Keeping Quinn is a huge positive and adding Shottenheimer is another.

We have players going into their 2nd and 3rd years we do not know about yet. Did we really see Diggs coming with that year last season? Got some other youngsters showing real promise on the defense.

Got the draft and that 1st rounder last season was an all world pick.

Got a QB that looks to be healthier to start this season and we could see a return to being a dual threat.

Folks, FOLKS!!!!! This was a 12 win team and damned few of us saw that coming and certainly not around this same time last year.

Want to feel more positive? Don't give into the negative vibe that playoff game left in your mouths. Let it go.

And for cryin' out loud, stop chastising posters for how they feel and sharing it. Not everyone that is not feeling positive wants to feel that way.
Nice.

Last years draft confuses me.

Most people want to say it was a good draft, then want to count on no one except Parsons.

Which was it?

If half of the 10 (guessing) players selected after Micah turn out to be something good we are in great shape.

I have as little confidence in the Jones duo as anyone else, but we have to at least hope that these draft picks from last year will sort of pan out.

People by and large think the draft directly in front of them is more of a savior.

Not at all true.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nice.

Last years draft confuses me.

Most people want to say it was a good draft, then want to count on no one except Parsons.

Which was it?

If half of the 10 (guessing) players selected after Micah turn out to be something good we are in great shape.

I have as little confidence in the Jones duo as anyone else, but we have to at least hope that these draft picks from last year will sort of pan out.

People by and large think the draft directly in front of them is more of a savior.

Not at all true.
It was a great first round draft but it is incomplete with the rest but it does look promising.

I liken Parsons to Martin, that just doesn't happen often, which is why they still use a 3 year term to grade drafts because some positions take more development. Quinn used a plug and play approach with Parsons because he could.

Still have Gallimore from 2020 and Joseph, Odighizuwa, Cox, Ball, Fehoko and Bohanna that we do not know about yet.

The coaching staff has yet to enlighten us with where they see these players for this season. We all have the tendency to look outside the team while they do the opposite.

ESisback

Reaction score
The Cowboys are not even in my top100 of the priorities in my life. They have never offered me a single dime, but they are a form of entertainment and it would nice if the entertainment was winning Super Bowls, which would be much more entertaining. Judging my perspective from reading a few posts on a message board can be very misleading.
True. A few posts are just the tip of an iceberg. You just sound too depressed.

jnday

Reaction score
yeah, jerry loves the fans who question nothing.

he could build an average team around you guys.
What puzzles me is the fans that knows the only way that Jerry will make a change is for the money to stop coming in. Knowing this, they still continue to buy those tickets , jerseys, hoodies, etc. Jerry has not got a penny out me for several years. The new/younger fans don’t know how it feels to see the Cowboys as constant Super Bowl contenders. Reaching the playoffs every year was a sure thing and reaching the Super Bowl often was expected. I see fans now that have low standards and low expectations and they think many of the older fans are crazy for not lowering expectations. They are okay with the Cowboys being the new Cleveland Browns or Detroit Lions. I’m sorry but I will never be okay with the current state of the Cowboys.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Blame yourself, how many years of the same and you’re expecting difference

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What puzzles me is the fans that knows the only way that Jerry will make a change is for the money to stop coming in. Knowing this, they still continue to buy those tickets , jerseys, hoodies, etc. Jerry has not got a penny out me for several years. The new/younger fans don’t know how it feels to see the Cowboys as constant Super Bowl contenders. Reaching the playoffs every year was a sure thing and reaching the Super Bowl often was expected. I see fans now that have low standards and low expectations and they think many of the older fans are crazy for not lowering expectations. They are okay with the Cowboys being the new Cleveland Browns or Detroit Lions. I’m sorry but I will never be okay with the current state of the Cowboys.
Stop drinking beer. That’s the revenue. I ask myself quite often why am I still a cowboy fan. When I don’t appreciate the management in the product on the field. Until Jerry allows someone to step out of the shadows and be smarter than him we’re not going anywhere

blueblood70

Reaction score
And I mean nothing....the last 2 weeks have totally gutted me. Its why I no longer have the first 6 games of our schedule (Home & Away) memorized before the season starts...its why I haven't worn any Cowboy cap or clothing in years....its why despite living 40 miles from AT&T Stadium, I wouldn't attend a game if Boogers Strip Club Bus picked me up at my front door. It's also why despite not being a huge baseball fan, my Dodgers have jumped the Cowboys in garnering my utmost devotion....sure they have more money than anyone....I get that.....but they are ALL ABOUT WINNING. I cannot think of ONE positive thing right now to get excited about....in two weeks, we've been caught by several teams and lapped by others. Next year is gonna be a disaster of major proportions....get ready. If you think that I'm way off base, I'd love to hear why. I never in a million years thought my Cowboys would take second place to any of my other sports teams...but it has happened. Am I alone?
we will have a team come September and have football to watch and not suffering like other countries are right now..chill out that's a positve.,.the seasons 6months away and no way to judge the offseason until games are played.. sad to be you ..

the Dallas Cowboys are my #1 team and always will be.. im true die hard fan its again its game its not life although it feels that way sometimes..

jnday

Reaction score
True. A few posts are just the tip of an iceberg. You just sound too depressed.
LOL, not depressed, I just have a good view of reality. Now the reality of this team and offseason will most certainly depress even the happiest of fans. It was bad enough to watch this team fall apart last season , but watching the team lose 5-6 starters and replacing them with scrubs makes this offseason one of the worst in memory.

jnday

Reaction score
Stop drinking beer. That’s the revenue. I ask myself quite often why am I still a cowboy fan. When I don’t appreciate the management in the product on the field. Until Jerry allows someone to step out of the shadows and be smarter than him we’re not going anywhere
I don’t drink, but maybe I should start. This team has that effect on people.