Nothing to be positive about

Wolf2k5

Reaction score
No. There are TONS of miserable people out there. I’m just not one of them. Things could always be worse.
Right? Lol seems like we get a thread for every fandom crisis. Just don’t watch. This is suppose to be fun. Not ruin your day 6 months before season begins.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
While it's true that the Cowboys aren't the best team around, they're surely not the worst, either. Despite the fact that I have no admiration for Jerry and Stephen as our gallant leaders, I also still enjoy watching this team play. Credit that to the fact that I no longer expect Super Bowl contention. Those days were done and buried with the departures of people like Tom Landry, Tex Schramm and Jimmy Johnson. Be content to watch the Cowboys and just be entertained. The days of glorious seasons and impressive championships are in the rear-view mirror until they're not. In the meantime, try to be happy!
Face it, folks -- life is too short to wish for things you can't have but rather, make the most of what you've got. ;)

Last edited:

Blackspider214

Reaction score
And I mean nothing....the last 2 weeks have totally gutted me. Its why I no longer have the first 6 games of our schedule (Home & Away) memorized before the season starts...its why I haven't worn any Cowboy cap or clothing in years....its why despite living 40 miles from AT&T Stadium, I wouldn't attend a game if Boogers Strip Club Bus picked me up at my front door. It's also why despite not being a huge baseball fan, my Dodgers have jumped the Cowboys in garnering my utmost devotion....sure they have more money than anyone....I get that.....but they are ALL ABOUT WINNING. I cannot think of ONE positive thing right now to get excited about....in two weeks, we've been caught by several teams and lapped by others. Next year is gonna be a disaster of major proportions....get ready. If you think that I'm way off base, I'd love to hear why. I never in a million years thought my Cowboys would take second place to any of my other sports teams...but it has happened. Am I alone?

100% agree with you. This is how me, my best friends and uncle who grew up die hard fans. One of my friends and uncle were in their 20s when Dallas won their 3 rings. I was in grade school so we come from different perspectives from this team. And we are done caring about this team. The Jones family has ran this once proud franchise into the ground. It is now a laughingstock. Sure, it makes a ton of money and we get all these primetime games but it is a laughingstock. We have seen every single team in the DFW reach the pinnacle and get to the Finals/World Series. Many more than once. While Dallas has not even made it out the divisional round in over 2 decades. We are in the company of WFT and Detroit. Even the Bengals have now broken through. It's pathetic.

And I have younger cousins in their 20s who have never once known Dallas to be anything more than the Cleveland Browns. They were born after their Super Bowls happened.

The hillbilly carney Jones family are the absolute worst. And after all these years you still justify what they do and hold out hope, then you are living in a fairy land. Once Jerry dies, Stephen takes over and he is even worse. He is a penny pincher and guts our team of any talent for cap space.

I do not get down any more on the losses and I get no real joy from the wins because I know where this train will end up and it's always off the tracks.

Every season, we have 0% chance to win it all. None. Nada. We have gotten rid of a lot of talent this offseason and did zero to replace it. None. Lamb and Gallup as our 2 best WRs? Gross. This is 2018 all over again when we let Dez walk but never tried to replace him. And we all know what happened. We needed to trade for a legit 1 in Cooper. Only to turn around years later and get a lousy 5th for him.

Screw this franchise.

ESisback

Reaction score
100% agree with you. This is how me, my best friends and uncle who grew up die hard fans. One of my friends and uncle were in their 20s when Dallas won their 3 rings. I was in grade school so we come from different perspectives from this team. And we are done caring about this team. The Jones family has ran this once proud franchise into the ground. It is now a laughingstock. Sure, it makes a ton of money and we get all these primetime games but it is a laughingstock. We have seen every single team in the DFW reach the pinnacle and get to the Finals/World Series. Many more than once. While Dallas has not even made it out the divisional round in over 2 decades. We are in the company of WFT and Detroit. Even the Bengals have now broken through. It's pathetic.

And I have younger cousins in their 20s who have never once known Dallas to be anything more than the Cleveland Browns. They were born after their Super Bowls happened.

The hillbilly carney Jones family are the absolute worst. And after all these years you still justify what they do and hold out hope, then you are living in a fairy land. Once Jerry dies, Stephen takes over and he is even worse. He is a penny pincher and guts our team of any talent for cap space.

I do not get down any more on the losses and I get no real joy from the wins because I know where this train will end up and it's always off the tracks.

Every season, we have 0% chance to win it all. None. Nada. We have gotten rid of a lot of talent this offseason and did zero to replace it. None. Lamb and Gallup as our 2 best WRs? Gross. This is 2018 all over again when we let Dez walk but never tried to replace him. And we all know what happened. We needed to trade for a legit 1 in Cooper. Only to turn around years later and get a lousy 5th for him.

Screw this franchise.

Ok. Goodbye and good luck.

Jipper

Reaction score
It brings you one year closer to full Stephen control. That better scare the **** out of you. He makes the owner of the Indians in Major League look like Dr. Jerry Buss.

Until we see how he reacts I'm not going to assume he's going to make the same mistakes as his father....granted he might make all new ones but step one is Jerry stepping back or passing on to watch from above...or below depending on if he sold his soul or not

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And I mean nothing....the last 2 weeks have totally gutted me. Its why I no longer have the first 6 games of our schedule (Home & Away) memorized before the season starts...its why I haven't worn any Cowboy cap or clothing in years....its why despite living 40 miles from AT&T Stadium, I wouldn't attend a game if Boogers Strip Club Bus picked me up at my front door. It's also why despite not being a huge baseball fan, my Dodgers have jumped the Cowboys in garnering my utmost devotion....sure they have more money than anyone....I get that.....but they are ALL ABOUT WINNING. I cannot think of ONE positive thing right now to get excited about....in two weeks, we've been caught by several teams and lapped by others. Next year is gonna be a disaster of major proportions....get ready. If you think that I'm way off base, I'd love to hear why. I never in a million years thought my Cowboys would take second place to any of my other sports teams...but it has happened. Am I alone?
Major difference between you and me is when we arrived at this point.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

This is what is called a fair weather fan.
so why do you continue to post here then?

Creeper

Reaction score

I have to agree with you for 3 reasons. 1. They actually made the DL weaker by not getting a DE equal to Randy Gregory. We have seen the pass rush disappear before when the Cowboys did not have a good DE opposite Lawrence. 2. The OL is clearly weaker because they have not replaced Connor Williams and they cut La'el Collins. I urge everyone to go back and watch the games Steele played RT while Collins was out. You will come back with the same doubts as me about his ability to play the RT position. 3. They traded Cooper and did not find a suitable replacement at WR. While you watch the games Steele played for Collins, also watch how important Cooper was to the offense.

I want to be clear, I have no problem trading Cooper and Collins. But when you get rid of starting players you have to have a backup plan. The Cowboys do not appear to have a backup plan, except the draft. That is a big risk. Further, they did not have to trade Cooper or cut Collins. They could have restructured Cooper and gotten $12 million CAP save and still been able to cut him in 2023. Given how they have not spent the CAP room they have, it is clear they did not need the full $16 million they got by trading him. The same issue with Collins. They cut him and go nothing for him. The problem was not that there was no interest in Collins, the problem was the timing of the trade. Teams new the Cowboys were going to cut him so they simply waited the Cowboys out. The Cowboys are not getting the $10 million CAP release until after June 1 anyway so why rush the release/trade? The Vikings have a bigger CAP problem than Dallas and wound up keeping Danielle Hunter when they did not get the trade offers they wanted. The Cowboys should have done the same thing with Collins. They could still have traded him in August and probably would get a good draft pick for him then. Both these transactions were a big letdown and demoralizing to fans.

The team is clearly weaker based on what they have done so far. The Cowboys have stuck to their philosophy of not signing top tier players but this time it resulted in downgrades from the 2021 roster.

The best deal they have made so far is re-signing Brian Anger, the punter. That's good because I suspect with their OL, RBs and WRs, they will be using their punter a lot next year.

terra

Reaction score
Until we see how he reacts I'm not going to assume he's going to make the same mistakes as his father....granted he might make all new ones but step one is Jerry stepping back or passing on to watch from above...or below depending on if he sold his soul or not
Why ANYONE would think Stephan is going to be any better than his father mystifies me. SHOW some evidence that gives us hope. So far he has shown to be a skin flint when he should spend and a spendthrift when he should hold tight.

Jipper

Reaction score
Why ANYONE would think Stephan is going to be any better than his father mystifies me. SHOW some evidence that gives us hope. So far he has shown to be a skin flint when he should spend and a spendthrift when he should hold tight.

honestly for me its simply the great unknown. How do you know he wont hire a GM or be more hands off than his father was? Until he is in that role i dont know that any of us know.

I have reached the point where I am really ready for ANYTHING other than Jerry

offlimits

Reaction score
Once Stephen takes over expect another 26 years. He will operate on the cheap while making the most revenue.

...and later the grandkids and the great grandkids will own Dallas Cowboys Inc. for as long as the NFL exists.

Mannix

Reaction score
This is what is called a fair weather fan.
so why do you continue to post here then?[/QUOTE

I've missed watching ONE game since 1986....went to a VERY scary bar in East Dallas I had no business being in during the blackout days that actually locked you in once the game started so they couldn't be busted for showing it illegally....so don't start with the fair weather S....I'm a realist who knows that its over until Booger is dead and Chuckles decides if he wants to win a Super Bowl or not.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Live your lives people. Obviously we all want to see the team improve, but agonizing in March doesn't help, and if they don't end up doing more by training camp there will be plenty of time to agonize then

offlimits

Reaction score
NOT TRUE.

Robert Kraft never knew how to run an NFL football organization when he bought the team. He came from the business world, but he was smart enough to know it and surrounded himself with football people at every level. Jerry has always thought he knew how to run the football side and he still gets in his own way and has over the years taught his son how to do it because of course, his ego dictates he (they) get all the credit.

There are a lot CZ posters who if they were billionaires I'm sure would have the self awareness, common sense and maturity to hire the best possible people they could.

As the owner, that's your job. It's not rocket science.

Nope. The Jones family will NEVER hire an outsider to run the family business. You people on this board are smarter than that.