Now do you feel any better

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
We easily beat an Eagles team but do feel we are any better off now regarding the playoffs? and how far we will go?

We did get the run game going better which allowed Dak to look like one of the best in the league again but is it once again a smoke screen?
I will stay completely neutral on this team until they prove vs a good team, that they can win. This team is good for any outcome, a one and done just as well as making it to the Superbowl. Their inconsistent game just won't let you make any valid predictions.

So it's a chill week for me. Let the chips fall where they may. :)

dfense

Reaction score
Setting the edge on defense seemed to be a real issue last night. I'll chalk a little of it up to the Eagles are the #1 run team. But alot of that is Hurts running. Where was the containment ?

shabazz

Reaction score
It’s called momentum. And you don’t think that’s a good thing. I don’t see Green Bay destroying bad teams I see them winning by three points

…… momentum should have started 4 games ago and allowed the Boys to beat a reeling Cardinals team with no D Hopkins……one game against scrubs isn’t momentum…..it’s a feel good game with little substance behind it

blueblood70

Reaction score
It was a feel good game vs a Philly PS, so feel good all you want, just realize we face starters next week in post season play.

when we faced their starters first game we destroyed them, and ironically enough they kept their starters in in garbage time when we were up more than 3 scores to score twice, did we cry they tried to comeback against our backups. Both games are the same as mater a fact all 6 wins against the East we destroyed them and sans some garbage scores it wasn't even a contest.

tired of hearing how wins are no longer wins if they dont meet soem ridiculous criteria here. 12-5 is 12-5 and like when we beat MN, we would have beat Philly anyway

no respect for your own team's success is tiresome. Grow up its the NFL and this is how games go,.i have no doubt we beat them wither way as we already have proof of it. first game go check the first 3 qtr score of game 1.

thats all i need.

they had a plan for the game to meet goals and try and get soem confidence and rhythm and accomplished that.

at least we didn't struggle like the Chiefs did against a team missing many players and had zero to play for at 7-9 and it took every minute of that game for the chiefs to win..they kept their starters in and dint take into account Denver was wounded and weak team, did they?

NO

Bucs barely beating Jets last week, anyone pointing out how thats was an ugly win? chiefs blew lead to cinci, rams had to make comeback and philly barely beat WFT late seriously we would have beat them straight up if you need any proof.

enjoy the short season not much left and if you cant find satisfaction in whats been done this year already, well you are not real fan..jaded ex old era fans need to let it go..

blueblood70

Reaction score
…… momentum should have started 4 games ago and allowed the Boys to beat a reeling Cardinals team with no D Hopkins……one game against scrubs isn’t momentum…..it’s a feel good game with little substance behind it
5-1 is the big picture get over a 3 point loss. that is momentum. keep bring up the cards game but not the fact we closed out the year 5-1 and won the division going away.

shabazz

Reaction score
5-1 is the big picture get over a 3 point loss. that is momentum. keep bring up the cards game but not the fact we closed out the year 5-1 and won the division going away.

Seriously? 4 of those wins against NFC East punk teams in which the offense continued to sputter?……let’s see how that translates to the playoffs.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
when we faced their starters first game we destroyed them, and ironically enough they kept their starters in in garbage time when we were up more than 3 scores to score twice, did we cry they tried to comeback against our backups. Both games are the same as mater a fact all 6 wins against the East we destroyed them and sans some garbage scores it wasn't even a contest.

tired of hearing how wins are no longer wins if they dont meet soem ridiculous criteria here. 12-5 is 12-5 and like when we beat MN, we would have beat Philly anyway

no respect for your own team's success is tiresome. Grow up its the NFL and this is how games go,.i have no doubt we beat them wither way as we already have proof of it. first game go check the first 3 qtr score of game 1.

thats all i need.

they had a plan for the game to meet goals and try and get soem confidence and rhythm and accomplished that.

at least we didn't struggle like the Chiefs did against a team missing many players and had zero to play for at 7-9 and it took every minute of that game for the chiefs to win..they kept their starters in and dint take into account Denver was wounded and weak team, did they?

NO

Bucs barely beating Jets last week, anyone pointing out how thats was an ugly win? chiefs blew lead to cinci, rams had to make comeback and philly barely beat WFT late seriously we would have beat them straight up if you need any proof.

enjoy the short season not much left and if you cant find satisfaction in whats been done this year already, well you are not real fan..jaded ex old era fans need to let it go..
I watch football too and Im not here to bash the Cowboys, Im just looking and observing and commenting on reality.
I dont need to grow up, I did that about 50 years ago,, I just comment directly on observation first, and not rah rah Im the greatest fan loyality.
Love my Boys always!

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
I’m not confident if we have to play the Cards again. We don’t match up well with them. I think we can beat the Rams at home but it’s basically a toss up.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Seriously? 4 of those wins against NFC East punk teams in which the offense continued to sputter?……let’s see how that translates to the playoffs.
philly didnt beat ONE team with 500 or above record..chew on that!
go through and break down all 14 playoff teams and who me the records against teams with winning records or better competition, you wont find many..ill say we are on par with the league period. again, get over it..

seriously jaded sad negative Debbie downer fan base..

blueblood70

Reaction score
I’m not confident if we have to play the Cards again. We don’t match up well with them. I think we can beat the Rams at home but it’s basically a toss up.
I am 100% confident

we beat them why we played bad game and lost by 3 not getting any breaks from the refs.

that alone added to our overall season.,. Yes im confident. i watch a lot of sports and typically on B2B game home and away type deal like basketball and sometime in baseball the games go the opposite way from game 1.. it bodes well if we simply clean up any part of those mistakes we win..

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
We easily beat an Eagles team but do feel we are any better off now regarding the playoffs? and how far we will go?

We did get the run game going better which allowed Dak to look like one of the best in the league again but is it once again a smoke screen?
no.......the OL play in first half was still a bit shoddy. and we played against backups. that won't happen in playoffs. if we play AZ and they can't figure out their defense, then its the same results.

also, the one thing that stood out on defense. we are unable to defend runs to the outside. AZ marched down the field rushing outside 5 out of 6 times in getting 41 yards on the ground. that's with us knowing they would run...and PHilly bounced it outside and gained a lot of yards on the ground on the outside.....why we are bad at that? not sure, but if we don't fix it, its going to continue

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
go through and break down all 14 playoff teams and who me the records against teams with winning records or better competition, you wont find many..ill say we are on par with the league period. again, get over it..

You just woke up looking for a fight....:D

shabazz

Reaction score

uh…..the fact that Philly didn’t beat a single team with a winning record makes beating them all the much sadder……thanks for proving that beating Philly means next to nothing

couldn’t have said it better myself……not negative…..just realistic and exercising the critical thinking the good Lord bestowed upon me. Hallelujah, holla back

Jarntt

Reaction score
Hell yeah I feel better, some of you "fans" on here are the worst with your agenda driven threads. This Offense when playing well can put up points on anyone and they have been playing like crap lately. They needed a confidence boost. It may have been a meaningless game in the standings but it was a huge game for our offense to get back on track and they did it on a very cold night on the road. Will it carry over? Who knows, but at least they go into the playoffs with some momentum. And as far as Philly not playing their starters goes, it didn't matter who Philly played last night, they were getting rolled.

Last edited:

shabazz

Reaction score
The good news is that all the various opinions here WILL be proven to have merit or not very very soon…

blueblood70

Reaction score
uh…..the fact that Philly didn’t beat a single team with a winning record makes beating them all the much sadder……thanks for proving that beating Philly means next to nothing

couldn’t have said it better myself……not negative…..just realistic and exercising the critical thinking the good Lord bestowed upon me. Hallelujah, holla back
No it shows even with the starters, we beat them that it all ,.,stop using they pulled a lot of starters as way to downgrade a complete destruction of a rival. You enjoy wins all of them especially tearing apart a rival on the road in the bitter cold..that's some good practice.

every team in the nfl playoffs had drought a slump beat bad teams to get heaty all of them,. Some worse slumps then ours..its the NFL, not our team it is what it is!! nit picking just our wins and losses and opponents faced is useless when not backed with factual comps.

we lost 4 games under one score 2, 3, 3, 10 i mean we also got some truly bad breaks in two of them so you are truly what your record is and not have to go nit pick wins..period..only toxic negative fans talk like that,

go stew in that toxic goo you call a personality and move on.

this is obviously too much for you to get any positive out of the season.

shabazz

Reaction score
No it shows even with the starters, we beat them that it all ,.,stop using they pulled a lot of starters as way to downgrade a complete destruction of a rival. You enjoy wins all of them especially tearing apart a rival on the road in the bitter cold..that's some good practice.

every team in the nfl playoffs had drought a slump beat bad teams to get heaty all of them,. Some worse slumps then ours..its the NFL, not our team it is what it is!! nit picking just our wins and losses and opponents faced is useless when not backed with factual comps.

we lost 4 games under one score 2, 3, 3, 10 i mean we also got some truly bad breaks in two of them so you are truly what your record is and not have to go nit pick wins..period..only toxic negative fans talk like that,

go stew in that toxic goo you call a personality and move on.

this is obviously too much for you to get any positive out of the season.

you can continue with the personal insults, which I have yet to do to you, but the fact of the matter is that you can’t and won’t change other fans opinions and don’t see why this is so important to you

insulting others and getting angry isn’t going to make this very enjoyable for you…..chill