Now imagine what Mazi could bring

Jipper

Reaction score
i like this....i think Mazi will be that missing piece that makes this defense elite at everything
This is exactly why it is an excellent pick - it makes everyone better. If the defense stays healthy it's going to be the best one we have seen in a long long time. On paper this team could be top 3 of the Dallas defenses ever....have to see if they can materialize the performance on the field though

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
With Hankins and Mazi in the middle it could counter Philthy's scrum offensive plays in short yardage. This excites me!!! Block up the middle and make it a wall and then they either have to throw the ball or go outside. They've had their way with these scrums so it'll be a good thing to take it away!

Have I told y'all how much I detest the NFL Philthy team? I've had my days/years/decades hating our different NFCE rivals but since the days of Buddy Ryan there are none on the level that Philthy is.

I tell ya, I'm getting excited for the season (which is a long way off). I'm excited to see this defense on the field. I'm just fired up (might just be that third cup of coffee though).

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
i like this....i think Mazi will be that missing piece that makes this defense elite at everything
NT has been the low hanging fruit to improve the team for a while, but we only made token stabs at getting that fruit. Hankins was the first of any quality. And now Mazi.
This year, Hankins should have a full camp. A full "veteran camp", but still, he should be in much better shape for the season than he was last year.
I love that we've got him this year too, and for only a mil.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We have been imagining what a War Daddy DT could bring for years.

After patiently waiting and waiting the Cowboys FINALLY drafted one.
Along with the rookie end, we drafted. This line is going to be something to watch in my opinion.

JayFord

Reaction score
This is exactly why it is an excellent pick - it makes everyone better. If the defense stays healthy it's going to be the best one we have seen in a long long time. On paper this team could be top 3 of the Dallas defenses ever....have to see if they can materialize the performance on the field though
^^ this

Mazi could only get 2 sacks and 8 tackles for the year and i'd be fine because a true DT like him doesnt need to get stats to take over ball games

if hes keeping LBs clean and keeping Lawrence in one on ones and when we bring in williams letting him do his thing and we all know how Parsons can wreck havoc being left untouched

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
NT has been the low hanging fruit to improve the team for a while, but we only made token stabs at getting that fruit. Hankins was the first of any quality. And now Mazi.
This year, Hankins should have a full camp. A full "veteran camp", but still, he should be in much better shape for the season than he was last year.
I love that we've got him this year too, and for only a mil.
he was with the raiders at the time, not like he was sittin on the couch.
But def good to have more time with the coaches and players next to him for a full summer

Jipper

Reaction score
^^ this

Mazi could only get 2 sacks and 8 tackles for the year and i'd be fine because a true DT like him doesnt need to get stats to take over ball games

if hes keeping LBs clean and keeping Lawrence in one on ones and when we bring in williams letting him do his thing and we all know how Parsons can wreck havoc being left untouched
imagine him and hankins on the field at the same time collapsing the interior and then we send a LB blitz, its going to be insanity

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wouldn’t that be something? And if they can force opponents to play from behind and throw more, it plays right into their hands.

They kept a potent pass rush intact and added an established, veteran, Pro Bowl corner to address their biggest problem.

If everything comes together, and young players like Parsons, Sam Williams, and Diggs (among others) continue to improve, we may really have something.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Wouldn’t that be something? And if they can force opponents to play from behind and throw more, it plays right into their hands.

They kept a potent pass rush intact and added an established, veteran, Pro Bowl corner to address their biggest problem.

If everything comes together, and young players like Parsons, Sam Williams, and Diggs (among others) continue to improve, we may really have something.
Yep and also not having that weak link at CB2.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
I have high hopes for this pick but I am the "wait and see" kind of guy. I have to see him on the field first. Not to be a Debbie downer but the guy has not even taken an NFL snap yet. Him and Hankins on the field at the same time might be lethal. Let's hope so.