Now imagine what Mazi could bring

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
^^ this

Mazi could only get 2 sacks and 8 tackles for the year and i'd be fine because a true DT like him doesnt need to get stats to take over ball games

if hes keeping LBs clean and keeping Lawrence in one on ones and when we bring in williams letting him do his thing and we all know how Parsons can wreck havoc being left untouched
Bingo brother

Rayman70

Reaction score
its May. Im excited, but lets slow walk this. Time will tell and camp is what Im looking forward to seeing.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
IMHO , You never PLAN around injuries. You have a plan in place for it , but you don't plan for it. That's operating from a position of fear. We have back ups and that's what they 're there for, but no one Predicts it.

Our back ups are back ups for a reason, just like everyone else. Your not going to have a team full of Zack Martin's and Tyron Smith's. What if Martin and Smith DO stay relatively healthy all season?
What leads you to believe Tyron will stay healthy? That’s not operating from a position of fear that’s just simply common sense. He’s been in the league since he was 21. Father Time is undefeated.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
I'm not saying he will, but he has just as much odds saying he will /as he won't. All I'm saying is if he does go down we have options.

We had a strong draft this year and Free Agency we got an offesive lineman as well
What leads you to believe Tyron will stay healthy? That’s not operating from a position of fear that’s just simply common sense. He’s been in the league since he was 21. Father Time is undefeated.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
I have high hopes for this pick but I am the "wait and see" kind of guy. I have to see him on the field first. Not to be a Debbie downer but the guy has not even taken an NFL snap yet. Him and Hankins on the field at the same time might be lethal. Let's hope so.
I agree. I am hoping for the best, but the Mazi-hysteria around here is pretty intense.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right or wrong, the team REALLY likes Edoga at LG.
I wish more people understood this.

There is a reason the Cowboys didn't address the OL until the 4th. And I think they got an eventual starter with that pick.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah that is another thing… I think they like Farniok and Waletzko better than the fans do. Especially Waletzko, I think.

He just needed to get stronger and get his shoulder repaired… which he has done now. He has great feet and movement skill, and he plays as mean as Tyler Smith does.
The Cowboys view Waletzko as a possible future starter. They like him that much.

Ken

Reaction score
With Tyron, Steele, Tyler, Martin, Biadasz, Farniok, Edoga they believe they can move some pieces around. Waletzko also has potential.

I'm not saying it's the best approach but we were much more vulnerable at 1 tech.
If you have to be weak somewhere...guard is the best spot.

I don't think we will be weak but people love hyperventilating.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score

I've been saying this. After the Hankins trade they really only had 1 bad game and that was against Jax. Washington went for 150 but needed a ton of carries to get it. And it was like they did t even have a gameplan that final week looking ahead at tb.

kumizi

Reaction score
Based on this tweet, they didn’t need Mazi.

Already had the best run defense with Hankins.

:D

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I wish more people understood this.

There is a reason the Cowboys didn't address the OL until the 4th. And I think they got an eventual starter with that pick.
Yet they were very close to drafting Beregon in the 1st…..that doesn’t show much confidence IMO.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
The best way to defend against the Philly scrum is to prevent them from getting to that point in the 1st place.

Dan Quinn studied it during the season last year but it didn't seem to help.
- He likely spend some time scheming against it this offseason.

Obviously Mazi & Hankins together is a good start.
That is how Washington was able to give them fits. We are going with the relatively undersized Osa in base but we are much better than before.

Short yardage line of Golston Mazi Hankins Osa is some serious beef. Bookend it with the DE and back it with LB and S. I'd love to see it.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Yet they were very close to drafting Beregon in the 1st…..that doesn’t show much confidence IMO.
If you listen what McClay says in that clip of the war room, he says that “the guard” (Bergeron) would be depth while the DT would be a starter.

Here is what McClay says in that war room clip. This is word for word what McClay says:

Will McClay: “Personally, I would go with Mazi because he helps us now. With the guard, I love the guard too… my question is, you’re adding something to it where we have depth. I think the defensive lineman could be a starter AND something for the future.

McClay is saying essentially that Bergeron would be for the future whereas Mazi is a starter in the present as well as the future.

They just really liked Bergeron and considered him as a BPA “tie” with Mazi. They weren’t getting him to be a starter this year. McClay broke that tie by saying they could use Mazi this year. McClay also says that they’ve had highly rated OL available at their pick pretty often but that it had been a long time since they’ve had a DT rated as highly as Mazi.

It made Mazi the pick. They didn’t expect “the guard” to start this year.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If you listen what McClay says in that clip of the war room, he says that “the guard” (Bergeron) would be depth while the DT would be a starter.

Here is what McClay says in that war room clip. This is word for word what McClay says:

Will McClay: “Personally, I would go with Mazi because he helps us now. With the guard, I love the guard too… my question is, you’re adding something to it where we have depth. I think the defensive lineman could be a starter AND something for the future.

McClay is saying essentially that Bergeron would be for the future whereas Mazi is a starter in the present as well as the future.

They just really liked Bergeron and considered him as a BPA “tie” with Mazi. They weren’t getting him to be a starter this year. McClay broke that tie by saying they could use Mazi this year. McClay also says that they’ve had highly rated OL available at their pick pretty often but that it had been a long time since they’ve had a DT rated as highly as Mazi.

It made Mazi the pick. They didn’t expect “the guard” to start this year.
I heard him say that I took it as McClay was saying Beregon would be depth for when Tyron gets hurt and Tyler has to shift to LT.