Now imagine what Mazi could bring

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The issue in part was they couldn't rely on an aging vet. The youth plus Hankins should help solidify the position.
Yeah but they sure don't take that approach with offensive line...they';re banking on Tyron and Martin to be healthy all year.

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah but they sure don't take that approach with offensive line...they';re banking on Tyron and Martin to be healthy all year.
Couple good posts in this thread bro. Totally agree with both. There’s no real reason to bank on the health of Tyron for sure, and Martin definitely should have a contingency plan since he’s the cream of that crop up front.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Couple good posts in this thread bro. Totally agree with both. There’s no real reason to bank on the health of Tyron for sure, and Martin definitely should have a contingency plan since he’s the cream of that crop up front.
Yeah I hope next draft is full of linemen.....would be nice to get at least 2 starters out of it.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With Hankins and Mazi in the middle it could counter Philthy's scrum offensive plays in short yardage. This excites me!!! Block up the middle and make it a wall and then they either have to throw the ball or go outside. They've had their way with these scrums so it'll be a good thing to take it away!

Have I told y'all how much I detest the NFL Philthy team? I've had my days/years/decades hating our different NFCE rivals but since the days of Buddy Ryan there are none on the level that Philthy is.

I tell ya, I'm getting excited for the season (which is a long way off). I'm excited to see this defense on the field. I'm just fired up (might just be that third cup of coffee though).
The best way to defend against the Philly scrum is to prevent them from getting to that point in the 1st place.

Dan Quinn studied it during the season last year but it didn't seem to help.
- He likely spend some time scheming against it this offseason.

Obviously Mazi & Hankins together is a good start.

Creeper

Reaction score

I don't think it was just Hankins, although I think he did a good job at a position of weakness for Dallas. I also think they changed some other things to get the LBs more involved. But I think this resulted in some softness in the underneath passing defense. What Hankins did not do is get enough pressure up the middle when QBs dropped back. I think Mazi will help with that.

CWR

Reaction score

With Tyron, Steele, Tyler, Martin, Biadasz, Farniok, Edoga they believe they can move some pieces around. Waletzko also has potential.

I'm not saying it's the best approach but we were much more vulnerable at 1 tech.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
With Tyron, Steele, Tyler, Martin, Biadasz, Farniok, Edoga they believe they can move some pieces around. Waletzko also has potential.

I'm not saying it's the best approach but we were much more vulnerable at 1 tech.
I'm not even talking about what they did in the 1st. OR the draft in general. Their whole offseason approach is they think Tyron will be healthy. The plan was to improve the offensive line and all they did was sign Edoga....well the plan was to improve pass protection. I'm not as concerned with run blocking.

CWR

Reaction score
I'm not even talking about what they did in the 1st. OR the draft in general. Their whole offseason approach is they think Tyron will be healthy. The plan was to improve the offensive line and all they did was sign Edoga....well the plan was to improve pass protection. I'm not as concerned with run blocking.

Understood, I don't know about "improving," but I think they believe they have enough bodies with position flex to maintain. A new scheme and oline coach might also be counted on.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Im hoping Overshown can become what Barr was in his prime for the Vikings.
Barr was a better tackler coming out of UCLA but he didn’t have movement skills at all like Overshown, who is nimble as hell and still moves like a safety.

If Quinn can get Overshown tackling just a little better, he will be better than Barr was in his prime. Overshown’s coverage skills are very good.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Right or wrong, the team REALLY likes Edoga at LG.

Personally, I think he would be fine at guard if Tyler Smith has to flex out to LT.

I think there are a lot of people worrying about it unnecessarily.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Right or wrong, the team REALLY likes Edoga at LG.

Personally, I think he would be fine at guard if Tyler Smith has to flex out to LT.

I think there are a lot of people worrying about it unnecessarily.
If they like him then fair enough I'm just confused on what to think about him. HE was on the trade block and they didn't even want to trade a late rounder for him...gets claimed off waivers by the Falcons and they let him walk. If they like him fair enough.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
If they like him then fair enough I'm just confused on what to think about him. HE was on the trade block and they didn't even want to trade a late rounder for him...gets claimed off waivers by the Falcons and they let him walk. If they like him fair enough.
Hopefully, smith stays healthy and we never find out. But we will see if Edoga is ok at guard if not, if Smith is hurt.

They’ve been doing well evaluating the OL ever since they switched from Garrett to McCarthy.

Plus, I’ve heard before that Solari is very good at determining OL talent.

So, if they like him that much then I’ll trust them… or at least give them the benefit of the doubt.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Hopefully, smith stays healthy and we never find out. But we will see if Edoga is ok at guard if not, if Smith is hurt.

They’ve been doing well evaluating the OL ever since they switched from Garrett to McCarthy.

Plus, I’ve head before that Solari is very good at determining OL talent.

So, if they like him that much then I’ll trust them… or at least give them the benefit of the doubt.
I don't even know what to think about Solari so there's that lol. Very confused by everything here lol. Hoping some of these past draft picks can step up and at least be formidable reserves. Hoping for Tyron's health to. I'll take 11-13 games.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I don't even know what to think about Solari so there's that lol. Very confused by everything here lol. Hoping some of these past draft picks can step up and at least be formidable reserves. Hoping for Tyron's health to. I'll take 11-13 games.
Yeah that is another thing… I think they like Farniok and Waletzko better than the fans do. Especially Waletzko, I think.

He just needed to get stronger and get his shoulder repaired… which he has done now. He has great feet and movement skill, and he plays as mean as Tyler Smith does.

I like him. Do not like Ball though.

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
i like this....i think Mazi will be that missing piece that makes this defense elite at everything

Assuming health of course. Based on what we saw last year by adding Mazi & Gilmore this defense should be a top 3 unit in the NFL. All the ingredients are there.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
IMHO , You never PLAN around injuries. You have a plan in place for it , but you don't plan for it. That's operating from a position of fear. We have back ups and that's what they 're there for, but no one Predicts it.

Our back ups are back ups for a reason, just like everyone else. Your not going to have a team full of Zack Martin's and Tyron Smith's. What if Martin and Smith DO stay relatively healthy all season?