Now is the time to began the SB Hype for Cowboys

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'll still stand on the brakes for a couple more games if it's OK.
Ok but to be clear SB Hype doesn’t mean I think we are going to SB. Only that we have a good enough team to contend for one.

As a matter of fact I’d argue SF is my pick to reach SB from NFC.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
We must remember also AC that this forum represents different things for fans .

Some come here to just find others to cheer their team or fav players on. Some come here to vent their grievances . Some don’t ever or seldom contribute just looking in for info on their fav team.

Social Media unfortunately attracts all kinds . Including opposing fans who enjoy antagonizing and inciting responses to rule up fans .

I’d suggest like on all Social Media sites look for those who more align with your views and thoughts . Why waste so much time taking on those stark opponents . Rarely do we change opinion.

This site allowed us to ignore those extremist and there are enough threads and forums to at least attempt to mingle with those closer to your own . Problem is some of these extremes try to take on the other .

There’s all types of fans. .I attended Cowboy games for 4 decades as a season ticket holder and on the road as well. Fans of all types . Many who I’d want nothing to do with hoping they didn’t sit next to me . But everyone is entitled to conduct their fandom however they choose as long as it’s within the law or in this case the rules . More fans on this site when they feel the rules have been violated should report . This staff and ownership act fairly, swiftly and won’t tolerate habitual violations .

It’s up to all of us to make this site the best we can. There is no reason for the divide we all too often have on this forum much like we see what’s happening in society. I don’t have many years left on this planet . I certainly hope the next couple generations figure it out.
Well said big bro. I hope our Cowboys win a Super Bowl soon for you.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Well said big bro. I hope our Cowboys win a Super Bowl soon for you.
I appreciate. My plate is pretty full from the first 35 years. I’d like to see us win one for these last two generations which haven’t enjoyed .

They come into my Man Cave seeing all of the Super Bowl memorabilia and history like it happened a 100 years ago. Lol

To them it’s like it never happened. The stories I tell them about all the games and experiences attending including playoffs, championship games and Super Bowl. They look at me like I’m this Ancient figure in history.

And when I speak so harshly about Jethro and this era like an old Grandpa fussing . I think what impresses them the most is the fact I haven’t missed seeing a Cowboys game in 60 years . And all of the efforts I had to take back when games were blackout.

I hope my stories and lifetime of history with the Cowboys they’ll share in the upcoming generations . I feel so blessed that I grew up in our Golden Age they’ll never be able to experience .

I think my biggest concern is all of my memorabilia will be preserved with one of them. They’ll prob sell it on EBay. Lol

Merry Christmas AC

Diehardblues

Reaction score
dJVhK2b.jpg
@DonaldM

Is that you Don? Wow!!

How the hell are you . Haven’t seen you around in a long time . Hope all is well in Houston with you.

Did you hear about Couch Coach passing. So sad . Been really tough for me.

I’ll share one of the great pics you created years ago for me on old site. Very talented . Jumbo in bottom corner is classic. Lol

Merry Christmas

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I appreciate. My plate is pretty full from the first 35 years. I’d like to see us win one for these last two generations which haven’t enjoyed .

They come into my Man Cave seeing all of the Super Bowl memorabilia and history like it happened a 100 years ago. Lol

To them it’s like it never happened. The stories I tell them about all the games and experiences attending including playoffs, championship games and Super Bowl. They look at me like I’m this Ancient figure in history.

And when I speak so harshly about Jethro and this era like an old Grandpa fussing . I think what impresses them the most is the fact I haven’t missed seeing a Cowboys game in 60 years . And all of the efforts I had to take back when games were blackout.

I hope my stories and lifetime of history with the Cowboys they’ll share in the upcoming generations . I feel so blessed that I grew up in our Golden Age they’ll never be able to experience .

I think my biggest concern is all of my memorabilia will be preserved with one of them. They’ll prob sell it on EBay. Lol

Merry Christmas AC
Merry Christmas, big bro G!

Reaction score
If you had then you’d know I’m anything but that type of fan. And perhaps you should investigate before throwing out insults and innuendos.

Attempting to discredit personally is just a lazy admittance you have no rebuttal to the argument.
You are not that important to me to investagate. Nor should I be important to you.
By the way YOU made assumptions about me BEFORE I made any about you "You’re either looking for supporting data to support the hype or not". But rather than being offended I simply backed up my claim with historical data and gave you a link to show that I hadn't cherry picked the data.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You are not that important to me to investagate. Nor should I be important to you.
By the way YOU made assumptions about me BEFORE I made any about you "You’re either looking for supporting data to support the hype or not". But rather than being offended I simply backed up my claim with historical data and gave you a link to show that I hadn't cherry picked the data.
My statement wasn’t directed at you but those with such thoughts. If they matched yours . So be it.

The data you provided simply was to support your narrative . Which is fine .

I’m not sure why fans are so distraught over the thought that beating the NFC champ and team with best record coupled with how the team has been playing this season supports they could be a new serious SB contender this season baffles me .

It’s not like we are saying they will go to SB. As matter of fact I’ve picked SF to go from NFC. My narrative is this win supports they could be a more serious SB contender which I’ve staved off all of the Hype thus far this season because they had not had a quality win.

Do what you want . I don’t care .But even the harshest critics are labeling this a signature win for the Cowboys this season supporting they are indeed a contender .

diamonddelts

Reaction score
I’ve always maintained as a critic analyst which relies on current trends and results you must be able to recognize when things are turning. Or at least have the potential to turn .

If this performance coupled with the previous games this season doesn’t provide all fans a higher level of confidence then perhaps you’ll never have until after the fact.
SF is not going anywhere. Regular season has no bearing on the playoffs.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok but to be clear SB Hype doesn’t mean I think we are going to SB. Only that we have a good enough team to contend for one.

As a matter of fact I’d argue SF is my pick to reach SB from NFC.
I feel if we can win the next 2 We will be in the Super Bowl. We have that much talent on the offensive side of the ball.
Continuing Dak's movement outside the pocket might make us unstoppable.

MS17

Reaction score
Not yet as far as SB talk. Potential yes... win out/win the division and we're on to something.
Agreed.
Last year the 49ers had a 12 game win streak going into the NFC championship game. And uh-oh...Philadelphia happened. 31-7 Pooof.

Reaction score
My statement wasn’t directed at you but those with such thoughts. If they matched yours . So be it.

The data you provided simply was to support your narrative . Which is fine .

I’m not sure why fans are so distraught over the thought that beating the NFC champ and team with best record coupled with how the team has been playing this season supports they could be a new serious SB contender this season baffles me .

It’s not like we are saying they will go to SB. As matter of fact I’ve picked SF to go from NFC. My narrative is this win supports they could be a more serious SB contender which I’ve staved off all of the Hype thus far this season because they had not had a quality win.

Do what you want . I don’t care .But even the harshest critics are labeling this a signature win for the Cowboys this season supporting they are indeed a contender .
Of course it's a signature win for this season. It is their only win against a winning team.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Of course it's a signature win for this season. It is their only win against a winning team.
It’s obvious your intent is to downplay their win against the NFC defending champs and who had best record in NFL.

Is it also your intent that the Cowboys are not a a SB contender from NFC. Or just that this signature win doesn’t support their cause?

Reaction score
It’s obvious your intent is to downplay their win against the NFC defending champs and who had best record in NFL.

Is it also your intent that the Cowboys are not a a SB contender from NFC. Or just that this signature win doesn’t support their cause?
I just think it's funny that you have single it out as a signature win when it obviously is the only win that could be counted because they haven't beat any other teams with a winning record this season. As for being a Super Bowl contender they need to beat a good team on the road especially being they will probably have three road games in the playoffs and the team they beat had 3 less days rest then they did. The win was a good the Cowboys did what they had do and couldn't have done much better. I am just saying that win should be taken with grain of salt there were extenuating factors that were in the cowboys favor that had nothing to do with the talent on the teams themselves.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I just think it's funny that you have single it out as a signature win when it obviously is the only win that could be counted because they haven't beat any other teams with a winning record this season. As for being a Super Bowl contender they need to beat a good team on the road especially being they will probably have three road games in the playoffs and the team they beat had 3 less days rest then they did. The win was a good the Cowboys did what they had do and couldn't have done much better. I am just saying that win should be taken with grain of salt there were extenuating factors that were in the cowboys favor that had nothing to do with the talent on the teams themselves.
Lol