Now is the time to began the SB Hype for Cowboys

Reaction score
There’s always contributing factors . You’re either looking for supporting data to support the hype or not .

The Egirls win is affirmative supporting data. It doesn’t mean it’s the ultimate or the discussion is over .

But most critics including myself that were looking for more evidence we could be a more serious contender…This is a nice place to begin as I initially stated.
You want evidence that having extra rest helps a team below will be a link. This year for example only 10 teams lost the week after their bye. Half of them were to other teams that also had a bye. Maybe you think that is just an anomaly, if we look at the past 10 years only 6 teams have a losing record after a bye 19 have winning records. Don't trust me look for yourself even through your rose colored glasses you will see I am telling the truth. https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/trend/win_trends/is_after_bye?range=yearly_since_2014

IceBowler

Reaction score
Whatever, G. So we aren't supposed to hype up the Cowboys as SB contenders until you and several other critics say so?

Instead, why don't y'all admit us season long hyped supporters have been right while y'all have been wrong?

Pfft, I know you and your negative crew won't admit that......how wrong y'all were.
When the opportunity to play IN the SB is locked in, then you hype the SB. Right now, all I’m looking for is to survive the Bills this weekend. It is usually those who advance the SB talk a month or two in advance who invariably play the fool and, are the first to rail against the team as soon as it “looks” as if it might go sideways ..

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
When the opportunity to play IN the SB is locked in, then you hype the SB. Right now, all I’m looking for is to survive the Bills this weekend. It is usually those who advance the SB talk a month or two in advance who invariably play the fool and, are the first to rail against the team as soon as it “looks” as if it might go sideways ..
Agreed on those who advance the SB talk but are the first to rail against the team as soon as it looks as if it might go sideways. We have several already propping up the team when for years they were constantly negative. I'm talking for the few of us who have always stayed loyal to the team and given them a yearly support when it is playing good, all while putting the team in its place when they do wrong. We're the ones who get chided on and attacked for being "too positive" or not joining the bandwagon of daily/monthly/yearly critics.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You want evidence that having extra rest helps a team below will be a link. This year for example only 10 teams lost the week after their bye. Half of them were to other teams that also had a bye. Maybe you think that is just an anomaly, if we look at the past 10 years only 6 teams have a losing record after a bye 19 have winning records. Don't trust me look for yourself even through your rose colored glasses you will see I am telling the truth. https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/trend/win_trends/is_after_bye?range=yearly_since_2014
You obviously haven’t followed me over the years . I don’t have rose colored glasses. Lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I've seen Super Bowl hype on this site at this point of the season in the past. That insight or instinct turned out to be wrong every time.

It's like people who make Super Bowl predictions every August. It won't be clairvoyance if/when it happens some year.

Like I said earlier, I'll believe this time it's different when they win in the divisional round. We've seen everything that leads up to that before.
You have to be wrong if you’re ever going to be right. Waiting until after the fact proves nothing but you didn’t have any hope.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think fans were pinning a lot on beating Philly, but I don't think it changes much other than fans now knowing we can do it. We're still the fifth seed for now and our road still likely goes through Philly and San Francisco. We split with the Eagles and got whipped by the 49ers, so I don't see any reason to think we've got this sewn up. We have a lot to prove still, but really that won't happen until the playoffs. We want momentum heading into them and to get some home-field if possible, but whether we win the rest or lose a couple probably really doesn't affect much other than the confidence around here. Now, if Philly loses, I want that division crown because I'd much rather this team be at home than on the road.
Of course but for everyone who was waiting for a little more evidence against a legit SB contender.. this is at least a starting point.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think some are missing what the SB hype is all about. It’s not saying we are going to the SB. It’s simply saying we are a contender with a team good enough to have a shot.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
No SB thoughts as of yet, the Cowboys have to beat the Bills next.
I agree. Some fans and media are already looking towards the Miami game. The Bills are next. It’s nothing but focus on this Sunday’s game in Buffalo.

One game at a time. Enjoy the journey!

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Of course but for everyone who was waiting for a little more evidence against a legit SB contender.. this is at least a starting point.
Don't mind that, and it's much better than what would be going on in here if we had lost. A lost wouldn't necessarily mean any less as far as competing for a Super Bowl, but we'd still be looking for that evidence. It'll be interesting if it all goes away if we lose to Buffalo or Miami.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Don't mind that, and it's much better than what would be going on in here if we had lost. A lost wouldn't necessarily mean any less as far as competing for a Super Bowl, but we'd still be looking for that evidence. It'll be interesting if it all goes away if we lose to Buffalo or Miami.
Yes, it can still turn the other way.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
You have to be wrong if you’re ever going to be right. Waiting until after the fact proves nothing but you didn’t have any hope.
I know from prior interactions that you can't wrap your mind around this, but your way isn't the only way to be a Cowboys fan.

Who gives a hoot about who called "Super Bowl" first, especially when some people do it every year? "I had hope for 30 years and it finally happened - look at me!" :rolleyes:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I know from prior interactions that you can't wrap your mind around this, but your way isn't the only way to be a Cowboys fan.

Who gives a hoot about who called "Super Bowl" first, especially when some people do it every year? "I had hope for 30 years and it finally happened - look at me!" :rolleyes:
SB hype isn’t about predicting we will be in Super Bowl. It’s about the team is good enough to contend for one.

I’ve been clear not predicting us to make SB seeing SF as the clear favorite.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No I do not follow you. But please don't feel offended I have a life and don't follow anyone.
If you had then you’d know I’m anything but that type of fan. And perhaps you should investigate before throwing out insults and innuendos.

Attempting to discredit personally is just a lazy admittance you have no rebuttal to the argument.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Agreed on those who advance the SB talk but are the first to rail against the team as soon as it looks as if it might go sideways. We have several already propping up the team when for years they were constantly negative. I'm talking for the few of us who have always stayed loyal to the team and given them a yearly support when it is playing good, all while putting the team in its place when they do wrong. We're the ones who get chided on and attacked for being "too positive" or not joining the bandwagon of daily/monthly/yearly critics.
Loyalty to our franchise rooting the team on doesn’t mean following without critical analysis.

We can be outspoken on issues while still rooting for our team. And we can support the sum while not supporting and being critical of all of the moving pieces.

Much like we can support our country while not always supporting its leadership , direction and policies.

I think most fans would agree most of the last two + decades certainly have been deserving of much criticism . Especially for those who lived thru the prior 4 decades.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Loyalty to our franchise rooting the team on doesn’t mean following without critical analysis.

We can be outspoken on issues while still rooting for our team. And we can support the sum while not supporting and being critical of all of the moving pieces.

Much like we can support our country while not always supporting its leadership , direction and policies.

I think most fans would agree most of the last two + decades certainly have been deserving of much criticism . Especially for those who lived thru the prior 4 decades.
Some of ya'll go beyond criticism. That's the problem.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll still stand on the brakes for a couple more games if it's OK.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Some of ya'll go beyond criticism. That's the problem.
We must remember also AC that this forum represents different things for fans .

Some come here to just find others to cheer their team or fav players on. Some come here to vent their grievances . Some don’t ever or seldom contribute just looking in for info on their fav team.

Social Media unfortunately attracts all kinds . Including opposing fans who enjoy antagonizing and inciting responses to rule up fans .

I’d suggest like on all Social Media sites look for those who more align with your views and thoughts . Why waste so much time taking on those stark opponents . Rarely do we change opinion.

This site allowed us to ignore those extremist and there are enough threads and forums to at least attempt to mingle with those closer to your own . Problem is some of these extremes try to take on the other .

There’s all types of fans. .I attended Cowboy games for 4 decades as a season ticket holder and on the road as well. Fans of all types . Many who I’d want nothing to do with hoping they didn’t sit next to me . But everyone is entitled to conduct their fandom however they choose as long as it’s within the law or in this case the rules . More fans on this site when they feel the rules have been violated should report . This staff and ownership act fairly, swiftly and won’t tolerate habitual violations .

It’s up to all of us to make this site the best we can. There is no reason for the divide we all too often have on this forum much like we see what’s happening in society. I don’t have many years left on this planet . I certainly hope the next couple generations figure it out.