Now is the time to began the SB Hype for Cowboys

Reaction score
While the Cowboys don’t currently have the history of recent success as Egirls we do look as good as them, it could change of course but I’d argue it at least warrants the discussion.
If they both win out at the end of the season the Eagles win the tiebreaker. The problem is the Eagle have the easy part of their schedule coming up while the Cowboys have the hard part of their schedule coming up. It is unlikely for the Cowboys to win the division. They will then have to be on the road for three straight weeks. With trips likely in both the east and West coasts. If The season were starting today the Cowboys would be a Super Bowl contender but it isn't and the Cowboys road to the Super bowl is probably too hard so no they are not a Super Bowl contender this season.

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Instead, why don't y'all admit us season long hyped supporters have been right while y'all have been wrong?

Pfft, I know you and your negative crew won't admit that......how wrong y'all were.
You have been wrong for the past 27 years.

When are you going to admit how wrong you were?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You have been wrong for the past 27 years.

When are you going to admit how wrong you were?
If you've been right for the past 27 years, what are you doing here? Stay away. This is for fans! Stop watching the Cowboys! Go follow another team!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If they both win out at the end of the season the Eagles win the tiebreaker. The problem is the Eagle have the easy part of their schedule coming up while the Cowboys have the hard part of their schedule coming up. It is unlikely for the Cowboys to win the division. They will then have to be on the road for three straight weeks. With trips likely in both the east and West coasts. If The season were starting today the Cowboys would be a Super Bowl contender but it isn't and the Cowboys road to the Super bowl is probably too hard so no they are not a Super Bowl contender this season.
I’d agree the Cowboys are most likely going to be WC but I’d argue they could be a tough out.

And you don’t have to go to a SB to be a contender. I’ll also maintain for those critics , which I was, who were looking for that quality or signature win to elevate this team to a more serious contender , this is it.

A contender is nothing more than a team that has the potential of reaching a SB. And if you beat the former NFC Champ with best record in NFL that in itself qualifies the hype .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Whatever, G. So we aren't supposed to hype up the Cowboys as SB contenders until you and several other critics say so?

Instead, why don't y'all admit us season long hyped supporters have been right while y'all have been wrong?

Pfft, I know you and your negative crew won't admit that......how wrong y'all were.
I’ve maintained all season there were some signs but I cautioned to pump the brakes until further evidence . Now we have it.

Homers every year who only see the light are no better than the Haters who don’t ever see it.

If we’re looking for true analysis and insight most look to those in the booth not on the sidelines with Pom Poms .

This notion about being right is usually more of a troll like mentality from both extremes.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I’d agree the Cowboys are most likely going to be WC but I’d argue they could be a tough out.

And you don’t have to go to a SB to be a contender. I’ll also maintain for those critics , which I was, who were looking for that quality or signature win to elevate this team to a more serious contender , this is it.

A contender is nothing more than a team that has the potential of reaching a SB. And if you beat the former NFC Champ with best record in NFL that in itself qualifies the hype .
Yes the Cowboys beat the Eagles. But you should factor in that there is a definite advantage to having 10 days between games when your opponent has 7. On consecutive weeks the Eagles had to go against the 49ers who had 10 days between games and the Cowboys who a;so had 10t. I admit I've not seen the statistics for winning after a 10 days but teams win about 75% of their games after a bye I would assume 10 days would be a little lower. Beating a tired team when you are fresh in your own building isn't as impressive as it first seemed.

If Hype is just for having a chance then why wait till this week the odd are the Cowboys will still be the 5th seed and still have to go through 1,2, and 4 in their buildings.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yes the Cowboys beat the Eagles. But you should factor in that there is a definite advantage to having 10 days between games when your opponent has 7. On consecutive weeks the Eagles had to go against the 49ers who had 10 days between games and the Cowboys who a;so had 10t. I admit I've not seen the statistics for winning after a 10 days but teams win about 75% of their games after a bye I would assume 10 days would be a little lower. Beating a tired team when you are fresh in your own building isn't as impressive as it first seemed.

If Hype is just for having a chance then why wait till this week the odd are the Cowboys will still be the 5th seed and still have to go through 1,2, and 4 in their buildings.
There’s always contributing factors . You’re either looking for supporting data to support the hype or not .

The Egirls win is affirmative supporting data. It doesn’t mean it’s the ultimate or the discussion is over .

But most critics including myself that were looking for more evidence we could be a more serious contender…This is a nice place to begin as I initially stated.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No point except to have more fun enjoying the ride with more excitement and anticipation.
I don't know, maybe that's needed for some. I'm having fun with it because it is fun to me, not because someone else is hyping it or because I'm trying to hype it to someone else.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Then I guess you’ll never sense or have the instinct to see when it could be turning.

And it might not turn. But it certainly looks and feels like it could. That’s all hype is about.
Probably not. I've thought it was before only to be disappointed. Now, that was under Garrett, so I have renewed hope under McCarthy, but that's not going to change my expectations. I won't believe it until I see it. If I did and it didn't happen, I would just be crushed more than normal and I no longer want to endure that.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don't know, maybe that's needed for some. I'm having fun with it because it is fun to me, not because someone else is hyping it or because I'm trying to hype it to someone else.
I hear ya. Everybody beats by their own drum . But I was addressing all of these fans who I had felt were over hyping this team before we had more evidence . And I’d argue this win at least provides more evidence than we had.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Probably not. I've thought it was before only to be disappointed. Now, that was under Garrett, so I have renewed hope under McCarthy, but that's not going to change my expectations. I won't believe it until I see it. If I did and it didn't happen, I would just be crushed more than normal and I no longer want to endure that.
I hear ya . I’m not saying we have to believe it . But at least with this win we can see the possibilities have elevated .

I had shot down the hype all season until we had a signature win against a legit SB contender. Well, this could be it.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I hear ya . I’m not saying we have to believe it . But at least with this win we can see the possibilities have elevated .

I had shot down the hype all season until we had a signature win against a legit SB contender. Well, this could be it.
I think fans were pinning a lot on beating Philly, but I don't think it changes much other than fans now knowing we can do it. We're still the fifth seed for now and our road still likely goes through Philly and San Francisco. We split with the Eagles and got whipped by the 49ers, so I don't see any reason to think we've got this sewn up. We have a lot to prove still, but really that won't happen until the playoffs. We want momentum heading into them and to get some home-field if possible, but whether we win the rest or lose a couple probably really doesn't affect much other than the confidence around here. Now, if Philly loses, I want that division crown because I'd much rather this team be at home than on the road.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's a little early for me to really believe in the SB stuff. They are talented enough. The next 3 games will be a huge indication to see if they are ready.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
But it will be too late for the hype then. Hype is about having an insight or instinct based on what you’ve seen or feel that it’s a possibility it could occur before it happens.
I've seen Super Bowl hype on this site at this point of the season in the past. That insight or instinct turned out to be wrong every time.

It's like people who make Super Bowl predictions every August. It won't be clairvoyance if/when it happens some year.

Like I said earlier, I'll believe this time it's different when they win in the divisional round. We've seen everything that leads up to that before.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Like I said , as I’ve been shooting down the hype all season, this is finally a win which at least provides a starting point for deservedly some hype.
yes I agree, this game was the cowboys just playing better than the eagles, they beat them.
Some fans start hype over beating the giants, so yeah this game is much better.
I am curious how they do next 4 games, but mainly the playoffs.