CFZ Now is when Cowboys must prove they’re for real

RonnieT24

Reaction score
10 wins should get us in, but a lot of crazy things could still happen. The Cowboys chances of winning the NFC East are not looking real good being 2 games down to a 10-1 team with 6 games left. The Cowboys would pretty much have to win out to overtake the Eagles. Philly would have to lose to the Cowboys, and lose one more game for the Cowboys to overtake them in the NFC East. There’s three wild cards with 7 teams with 5 or more wins. The Cowboys have a pretty tough schedule the remainder of the season with Philly, Tennessee, and Washington on the road in the season finale. All three will be difficult games to win plus Indy, Houston and Jacksonville aren’t going to be pushovers. If the Cowboys were to slip up against one or more of those weaker teams, they could be in some real trouble if some of these other 5 win teams start stringing wins together. There’s a number of scenarios that can happen in the NFC in the next 6 games. so I wouldn’t be handing the Cowboys a playoff spot just yet. Plus all three of the Cowboys losses this season are conference losses, which factor in tiebreakers.

This defense is too good to allow this team to collapse and the offense has returned to the top of the NFL since Dak returned even though they managed to do just enough to win 4 out of 5 without him. This team is making the playoffs.. Period. It's really just a matter of whether they will be the one seed or the five. To miss they would have to lose four of the last six games AND have a lot of luck go against them. I don't see that happening.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
This defense is too good to allow this team to collapse and the offense has returned to the top of the NFL since Dak returned even though they managed to do just enough to win 4 out of 5 without him. This team is making the playoffs.. Period. It's really just a matter of whether they will be the one seed or the five. To miss they would have to lose four of the last six games AND have a lot of luck go against them. I don't see that happening.

The Cowboys chances of making the playoffs look real good at this point, but I’m not marking anything down until I see how they perform in December. Although the defense has been outstanding most of the season, especially our pass rush I’m still not sold on our ability to stop the run. A physical team is going to provide real problems for us. The most concerning thing about the Cowboys are the penalties, especially the pre-snap penalties. The Cowboys have committed the second most penalties in the league this season. They’re only 5 penalties away from leading the league again. If we don’t start cleaning them up it’s going to cost us ball games in December.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
NFL Champions are usually forged in November and December. The winners of the last 4 SBs all had 4-5 losses after 10-12 games, then they all got red hot in November and December, riding that momentum all the way to a Lombardi.

The Cowboys sit now at 8-3, fresh off two wins over teams with winning records and fresh off finally winning their Thanksgiving Day game for the first time since 2018. The remaining 6 games will determine how this postseason sets up for this team. These are the remaining regular season games:
  • Colts at home
  • Texans at home
  • @Jags
  • Eagles at home
  • @Titans
  • @Commanders
If the Cowboys could either win out or go 5-1 in the remaining 6 games, they still have a legit shot at the division and possibly the #1 seed.

If we end up a Wild Card team, this team will need to prove something they haven’t done in 30 years: Win a playoff game on the road. (Last road playoff win was under Jimmy Johnson in ‘92 NFC Championship game!)

So we absolutely don’t need any “Super Bowl talk” from any of the Jones boys. This team needs to do their talking on the field.

NOW is the time to prove it. It’s all there for the taking.
Yep, now is the time keep the pedal down and play playoff football. They’ve been doing that for the last 4 or 5 games and as long as they stay healthy and cut down on the penalties, I don’t see that changing. I do not believe in trends from one season to the next. Every year, it’s a different team and coaching staff.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
10 wins should get us in, but a lot of crazy things could still happen. The Cowboys chances of winning the NFC East are not looking real good being 2 games down to a 10-1 team with 6 games left. The Cowboys would pretty much have to win out to overtake the Eagles. Philly would have to lose to the Cowboys, and lose one more game for the Cowboys to overtake them in the NFC East. There’s three wild cards with 7 teams with 5 or more wins. The Cowboys have a pretty tough schedule the remainder of the season with Philly, Tennessee, and Washington on the road in the season finale. All three will be difficult games to win plus Indy, Houston and Jacksonville aren’t going to be pushovers. If the Cowboys were to slip up against one or more of those weaker teams, they could be in some real trouble if some of these other 5 win teams start stringing wins together. There’s a number of scenarios that can happen in the NFC in the next 6 games. so I wouldn’t be handing the Cowboys a playoff spot just yet. Plus all three of the Cowboys losses this season are conference losses, which factor in tiebreakers.

that is pure fear based thinking. Colts and Texans are all but guaranteed wins. Giants and Washington play 2x and Eagles play those 2 three times. They all can't win. We are 2 up on Seattle, 3.5 on Atlanta. No other team has any tealistic chance of catching us.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
that is pure fear based thinking. Colts and Texans are all but guaranteed wins. Giants and Washington play 2x and Eagles play those 2 three times. They all can't win. We are 2 up on Seattle, 3.5 on Atlanta. No other team has any tealistic chance of catching us.

I’m keeping it real unlike you who are practically guaranteeing wins against Indianapolis and Houston. No opponent is close to a guaranteed win in the NFL, especially this season where there’s been a number of upsets. Indy beat KC and almost beat Philly 3 weeks ago losing by only one point. They have the same number of wins as Green Bay this season. Although the Texans have only won one game, Damien Pierce is one of the better backs in the league. Houston jumped ahead of Philly a few weeks ago and gave them a good battle for most of that game. You must have just started following the Cowboys if you think they aren’t capable of laying an egg against a bad team. They’re the second most penalized team in the entire league and consistency has been a problem this season. The Cowboys should win those games against Indy and Houston, but the NFL is a week to week, any given Sunday league. With 6 games left a lot can happen.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I’m keeping it real unlike you who are practically guaranteeing wins against Indianapolis and Houston. No opponent is close to a guaranteed win in the NFL, especially this season where there’s been a number of upsets. Indy beat KC and almost beat Philly 3 weeks ago losing by only one point. They have the same number of wins as Green Bay this season. Although the Texans have only won one game, Damien Pierce is one of the better backs in the league. Houston jumped ahead of Philly a few weeks ago and gave them a good battle for most of that game. You must have just started following the Cowboys if you think they aren’t capable of laying an egg against a bad team. They’re the second most penalized team in the entire league and consistency has been a problem this season. The Cowboys should win those games against Indy and Houston, but the NFL is a week to week, any given Sunday league. With 6 games left a lot can happen.

ok we will end up 8-9, better?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
ok we will end up 8-9, better?

We’ll win at least 10 games. The games that worry me the most are the games you think will be practically guaranteed wins. If the Cowboys feel that way they may not show up for those games and when they don’t show up you get a Denver game like last year. The last time we played Indy we got beat 22-0 and we had a playoff team that season. The cowboys decided not to show up that day and got embarrassed.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
The e-girls were crowned in late September, lol. Looking forward to knocking that paper crown off their head.

I so hope the E-Goons are 1 and done on the playoffs. I'm sick and tired of hearing how great they are. Here's how much I hate the Eagles. In a perfect world, they would go 0 and 17 every year. If I were the Cowboys head coach and we were mopping the floor with them in the playoffs, beating them 84 to nothing, and there were three seconds left in the game and we were in range for a 64-yard field goal, I'm sending Maher out to take a shot. Beating them 84 to nothing would be nice, but 87 to 0 is even nicer. If I were filthy rich, I would buy the Eagles and move them to Nebraska, re-branding them the Omaha Apemen. When asked why, I would say, "Because Philly fans are disgusting, unclassy trash who don't deserve an NFL team."

eromeopolk

Reaction score
NFL Champions are usually forged in November and December. The winners of the last 4 SBs all had 4-5 losses after 10-12 games, then they all got red hot in November and December, riding that momentum all the way to a Lombardi.

The Cowboys sit now at 8-3, fresh off two wins over teams with winning records and fresh off finally winning their Thanksgiving Day game for the first time since 2018. The remaining 6 games will determine how this postseason sets up for this team. These are the remaining regular season games:
  • Colts at home
  • Texans at home
  • @Jags
  • Eagles at home
  • @Titans
  • @Commanders
If the Cowboys could either win out or go 5-1 in the remaining 6 games, they still have a legit shot at the division and possibly the #1 seed.

If we end up a Wild Card team, this team will need to prove something they haven’t done in 30 years: Win a playoff game on the road. (Last road playoff win was under Jimmy Johnson in ‘92 NFC Championship game!)

So we absolutely don’t need any “Super Bowl talk” from any of the Jones boys. This team needs to do their talking on the field.

No Dallas Cowboys team has every gone to the Super Bowl without winning the last 2 games of the regular season. This has held true for the Dallas Cowboys.

However, these are the Arlington Jonesboys. The Dallas Cowboys were undefeated with a 14 point lead in the 4th quarter. But no more. So I don't know what the Jonesboys will do (lose to 3-6 Greenbay and beat the 9-1 Vikings). So, they better go 6-0 over the last 6 games. It is the only way I would bet for this team to make the NFC Championship game.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
I'm bracing for the inevitable meltdown, but this season has been fun so far.

We've experienced the Patrick Crayton route, the 34-3 shellacking, the Dez catch/Murray fumble game, Aaron Rodgers 3rd and 20, the Rams 300 yard rushing game, and the "Dak running out of time" game.

What will be the crazy sequence that costs the team this year?

Don't forget the Romo fumbling the FG snap and getting tackled at the 1 inch line game.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Bob's got one and a half legs on the Jerry bandwagon. Good job Bob, let me push you on up on the wagon, and while you're up there, buy some more crap gear Jerry's next illegitimate kid needs some new Nikes.

Last edited:

Kingofholland

Reaction score

• Colts at home
  • Texans at home
  • @Jags
  • Eagles at home
  • @Titans
  • @Commanders

I think the only way to prove they're real is with a deep playoff run beyond the divisional round.