Now it makes sense about hiring Kellen

visionary

Reaction score
its waste before it happens, how the phack do you know this? this is hyperbole bro, you cant tell the future or you wouldn't be in here debating what might happen..what if JG does take us one more game to the NFCCG or the SB..No one knows..period..according to you the entire season a waste:facepalm::huh: before it happens..

I do know the future
Go back and read my posts
I said 6 years ago we should fire Garrett
I said 6 years ago we will never win a SB with Garrett

Meanwhile you were clinging to your "but but, how do you know" milk bottle

Well, now that we have determined that I actually can predict the future, can you answer my question?

glimmerman

Reaction score
Not extending JG is letting him know he is on the hot seat. He now has a rookie and supposed good young Offensive football mind as OC. Let him do his job. Let him call the plays. Just be the HC. And if we make the playoffs and once again you are outcoached then it’s time for a change.

He has been given a good staff and players. Make it happen. Some HC has made it happen with less talent in positions.

CPanther95

Reaction score
They are not extending Garrett so why would you go out and convince some guy to come into this organization if you plan on hiring a new head coach in a year who will want his own staff anyways?

This way you can test out a new guy while lessoning the sting of being fired a year later.

Same with Kitna

How much you want to bet that, if by some miracle Garrett isn't extended, any new coach will be required to keep Moore as OC?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is actually a smart move

Really? Forcing your head coach to take a completely green assistant as the coordinator of his offense in his make or break year is smart?

Or is it simply more of Jerry's micromanaging and a sign of the very cancer that's destroyed this team?

I'll let you decide. Go Cowboys either way.

_sturt_

Reaction score
They are not extending Garrett so why would you go out and convince some guy to come into this organization if you plan on hiring a new head coach in a year who will want his own staff anyways?

This way you can test out a new guy while lessoning the sting of being fired a year later.

Same with Kitna

Question #1
So, Jerry & Co. are planning on hiring a new coach in a year? So, in your book, 2019 season is already written off anyhow, and HQ is working toward 2020?

Question #2
Didn't they convince "some guy" (Kitna) to come into the organization under the circumstances? (It's a minor point, but it at least establishes that it's not a foregone conclusion that no one would be interested in even considering being on this staff.)

Question #3
Does it all make sense?

If it does, boneheaded fan that I am, I need a little more explanation as to why there were several days after Linehan's separation before Moore's name was mentioned... and then, after it was mentioned, there was about two weeks before Moore was offered the position... and so, Moore was, at best, Plan B, probably Plan C, and maybe even Plan D.

Help me understand... while it's only predictable that HQ is going to try to generate all the positive pub on their new OC that they can... how is it that the fan base isn't more lit-up over the bumbling process that ended up having to settle for a back-up plan?

Question #4
There's nothing to say Moore can't or won't be successful. Common sense says that less experience inherently translates to a long... painful... learning curve. But there are rare exceptions to that rule. Given those points...

In hindsight, did Jerry & Co jump too soon to let go of Linehan... how confident can we be that we're in a better position right now than we were before?

Question #5
Jason's been noticeably quiet. In fact, did we not hear Jerry just say that the announcement would come from Jason? But it didn't.

Begs the question... does it all make sense to him? Or is he perhaps feeling some new and unwelcome encroachment from above in determining the composition of his staff, and so not really anxious to put himself out in public yet?

Last edited:

glimmerman

Reaction score
I do know the future

Well, now that we have determined that I actually can predict the future, can you answer my question?
Lotto numbers please. Lol. Some of us knew that letting him learn on the job was going to cost us games and seasons. It’s still happening. He has hit his ceiling some years ago. We need changes, I like giving Moore a shot at injecting some new and updated ideas in this Offense, if JG will let him get away from some of that 90’s playbook. There are certain plays and formations that are a NFL standard. But he will even change the terminology associated with it. Mix in some misdirection and confuse players other than our own. Expect some flags on Offense this year.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I do know the future

new team new players already this teams is 3yrs in the build mode and gets reset..the TEAM these players may jump up and win something despite Garett..you arent Nostradamus(if you are put your house and bank account all in on who wins the SB) you got lucky as we all have been on Garetts case but coming within score of the NFCCG gives us hope that if the players step up we can overcome Garett..getting rid of Scot was big step..we should have moved on from Garett after 2015 but it didnt happen and ill support the Star regardless, its a sport, Im not going to commit suicide because I dont like the GM or Coach..I will always have thrie back long term..those helmets are what I support, dont have to agree with all the moves but once the clocks starts game 1 im all in..im not hoping for failure just to get rid of a coach or gain draft status..

Sydla

Reaction score
Really? Forcing your head coach to take a completely green assistant as the coordinator of his offense in his make or break year is smart?

Or is it simply more of Jerry's micromanaging and a sign of the very cancer that's destroyed this team?

It's smart if your plan is to undermine your young QB and get your head coach fired.

glimmerman

Reaction score

Of course the problem is at the top. But JG isn’t gonna get any better. Let the OC worry about the Offense, let the DC worry about the Defense. Get the players ready to play on Sunday, work on making the game adjustments and clock management.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I do know the future

You are a visionary.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Question #1
So, Jerry & Co. are planning on hiring a new coach in a year? So, in your book, 2019 season is already written off anyhow, and HQ is working toward 2020?

Question #2
Didn't they convince "some guy" (Kitna) to come into the organization under the circumstances? (It's a minor point, but it at least establishes that it's not a foregone conclusion that no one would be interested in even considering being on this staff.)

Question #3
Does it all make sense?

If it does, boneheaded fan that I am, I need a little more explanation as to why there were several days after Linehan's separation before Moore's name was mentioned... and then, after it was mentioned, there was about two weeks before Moore was offered the position... and so, Moore was, at best, Plan B, probably Plan C, and maybe even Plan D.

Help me understand... while I understand that HQ is going to try to generate all the positive pub on their new OC that they can... how is it that the fan base isn't more lit-up over the bumbling process that ended up having to settle for a back-up plan?

Question #4
There's nothing to say Moore can't or won't be successful. Common sense says that less experience inherently translates to a long... painful... learning curve. But there are rare exceptions to that rule. Given those points...

In hindsight, did Jerry & Co jump too soon to let go of Linehan... how confident can we be that we're in a better position right now than we were before?

Question #5
Jason's been noticeably quiet. In fact, did we not hear Jerry just say that the announcement would come from Jason? But it didn't.

Begs the question... does it all make sense to him? Or is he perhaps feeling some new and unwelcome encroachment from above in determining the composition of his staff, and so not really anxious to put himself out in public yet?
Problem starts at the top. But we can’t fix that. IMO Linehan should have been gone. JG for that matter. At least the playbook should have been changed to give both coaches a chance.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course the problem is at the top. But JG isn’t gonna get any better. Let the OC worry about the Offense, let the DC worry about the Defense. Get the players ready to play on Sunday, work on making the game adjustments and clock management.

Jason Garrett is an offensive coach. If you don't want him involved in his own offense then it's pretty pointless to have him as your head coach. This is micromanaging at it's finest. It's what we've seen from Jerry for over two decades. He thinks he knows better and we've got 23 years of proof that he doesn't.

kskboys

Reaction score
I really think if Romo was not so injury prone we would have already won a Superbowl. It was the cards we were dealt. Now there is a new deck.
Romo wasn't injury prone. He sustained too many injuries due to Jerry not taking care of business and keeping a decent OL in front of him. 3 years of a massive beating was too much. He had injury issues due to incompetent GMing.

kskboys

Reaction score
@glimmerman ... I think that's question 4... do you really feel better about Moore than Linehan?
I do. Because it's a change, and we desperately needed to get away from Linehan.

I have no idea if Moore can be an OC, but at least it's not Linehan!!!!!

glimmerman

Reaction score
@glimmerman ... I think that's question 4... do you really feel better about Moore than Linehan?
The only thing I am holding onto at this point is that not just Linehan but others have talked about him having a young good football mind. He was Linehans pet cat and wanted to keep him on the team. Made his QB coach to start getting coaching experience. With Linehan we were going to get the same predictable playcalling we all complain about. 1st and goal and we call 3 straight pass plays. Let’s see what he has and what he is allowed to do to the playbook, formations, etc. If nothing then we will get the same playcalls in a different order. Lol. But it will be different.

links18

Reaction score
Again, it's only reports right now that he's not getting extended, so we won't really know for sure until this offseason progresses more and more. I mean if FA rolls around he's not extended, then it's probably a safe assumption he's coaching for his job in 2019.

I want to think that Moore is really a wunderkind, the next McVay and that's why we hired him but I suspect there is truth in what you wrote - that given this is looking like a make it or break it year for Garrett, it was probably more difficult to go out and bring in an experienced OC. Not many, if any, would want to sign onto a situation where they could be out in a year.

I also wonder if also at play here is Garrett basically told Jerry that if this is a make it or break it year, Garrett wants to be more involved in the play calling which made it easier to just give Moore the OC job.

if it is a "make it or break it year" for Garrett, wouldn't he want to in as much control of his destiny as he could be. Therefore, Moore is just window dressing? Garrett will be de facto OC?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ya know, we know nothing of the reason why Garrett is not being extended. It was just weeks ago that Booger made that comment about him landing 1 of 5 jobs and he's had his back when he's been under fire.

How do we know Garrett hasn't asked for an extension and in fact, doesn't even want to discuss one? He's on the last year of this contract and given an inexperienced OC and QBC to fix the main problem of the team.

While he is not liked by most here, I do not think that sentiment is shared by those that have been around him at NFL meetings and if there's a group that is aware of Booger's hands on approach with the team, it is that group of owners and GM's. And don't think one wouldn't want him to be their GM either.

Maybe it isn't Booger making the call on the extension? Maybe Garrett has had his fill of that family run circus with more clowns waiting in the wings to join the front office? None of those people, not one of them, would be in the NFL in those capacities if not for Booger buying the team. Maybe it's Garrett playing his contract out? How else do you explain Moore as the OC?

Of course, he could be planning on a move into the front office because he has been like family for quite some time. And the Joneses are quite adept at promoting for nothing accomplished.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo wasn't injury prone. He sustained too many injuries due to Jerry not taking care of business and keeping a decent OL in front of him. 3 years of a massive beating was too much. He had injury issues due to incompetent GMing.

Wasn't the majority of the time Romo missed due injuries after the team drafted Smith, Frederick and Martin?

Last edited: