Now it makes sense about hiring Kellen

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think more and more these are stephen's decisions. Not Jerry's. Jerry says tony will be qb after 2016 injury. But dak remains. Jerry says dez will be cowboy in 2018. Stephen showed him the door. New o-line coach alexander fired mid season. Garrett says linehan staying. Few days later he's fired. All these moves have stephen's stamp on them.
I see where you're going, but I think it's less likely that SJ would override JJ's decisions than it is that JJ either changes his mind or is just being cagey.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think more and more these are stephen's decisions. Not Jerry's. Jerry says tony will be qb after 2016 injury. But dak remains. Jerry says dez will be cowboy in 2018. Stephen showed him the door. New o-line coach alexander fired mid season. Garrett says linehan staying. Few days later he's fired. All these moves have stephen's stamp on them.
Jerry pays the bills but Stephen is the horse whisperer? :) Sounds like as good a premise as any, given the trend.

cern

Reaction score
I see where you're going, but I think it's less likely that SJ would override JJ's decisions than it is that JJ either changes his mind or is just being cagey.
I think it's because Jerry's giving more control to Stephen who's proven himself to be very capable. From getting us out of cap hell to drafting. He is coo and in charge of personnel.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think it's because Jerry's giving more control to Stephen who's proven himself to be very capable. From getting us out of cap hell to drafting. He is coo and in charge of personnel.
I understand your reasoning. My thought is that I think Stephen would let Jerry know his plans before Jerry spoke out, to keep from making a fool of him.

CapnCook

Reaction score
Garrett did that very same thing and could have had the ATL or BAL HC job.

I would like to see this be Garrett's last year and for him to go to a team as a HC more in charge of his own staff just to see what he could do.

Moore is the beneficiary of the McVay Effect. The NFL is a follower's league so the quest for the next McVay is on. AZ even took on a HC with a poor record and few connections in the NFL to find the next McVay. Nagy and Reich's success is also fanning the flames.
Yep. If McVay were a Martian, Jerry's next hire would be green.

75boyz

Reaction score
Jerry is definitely playing it very close to the vest. He is either clutching a pair of twos or a straight flush in a game of Texas hold 'em. He will pay with his pride or sweep the chips in.

Good analogy bro. It's gotta be something like that so as not to upset his money making apple cart too far out of his comfort zone.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
im liking this, lots of benefits.

like:

wasting another year
hoping that players with contracts expiring would look at this crap management and walk away
making drafted players disgruntled because we re not successfull
irking off fans

75boyz

Reaction score
Best marketing guy in nfl. One of worst gm's.

THIS times about a gazillion. Why couldn't Jerry's obvious gift of marketing/sales/money making have been a little less successful allowing for a more balanced ego/pride and even halfway successful role as General Manager?

He attaches overall success to his money making prowess and the two couldn't be more mutually exclusive from one another.

Translated: Less marketing genius and overall profits and more Team Building smarts and Super Bowl Trophies.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
THIS times about a gazillion. Why couldn't Jerry's obvious gift of marketing/sales/money making have been a little less successful allowing for a more balanced ego/pride and even halfway successful role as General Manager?

He attaches overall success to his money making prowess and the two couldn't be more mutually exclusive from one another.

Translated: Less marketing genius and overall profits and more Team Building smarts and Super Bowl Trophies.
SB trophies would boost profits considerably. Jerry knows that. The problem isn't that Jerry doesn't care about winning, it's that he thinks he knows how to.

75boyz

Reaction score
SB trophies would boost profits considerably. Jerry knows that. The problem isn't that Jerry doesn't care about winning, it's that he thinks he knows how to.

Yeah, I've seen stubborn and prideful, but if 25 years of no trophies ain't enough to convince him that His Way ain't the winning way then what's gonna convince him?

kskboys

Reaction score
Yeah, I've seen stubborn and prideful, but if 25 years of no trophies ain't enough to convince him that His Way ain't the winning way then what's gonna convince him?
Not sure anything will.