Twitter: Now saying they could have Zeke deal done by weekend

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
And what if Zeke shreds his knee in the openner against the Giants or gets a career ending injury like Ryan Shazier? Jerry still giving him close to Gurley money?

I doubt it.

What if he does? That can happen to any player. It happened to me and I never got paid a dime, I just liked playing. This is why Zeke and his camp demanded their money early on his rookie deal. The team has already paid him for work he has not yet done. That is why I have no respect for how Zeke did this. He got paid and then he held out. That's BS. Jerry put up with it but he certainly didn't have to.

It's done now.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
David Moore said on the Ticket yesterday afternoon that the two sides were still far apart and all these rumors of progress weren't true.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
There is an injury risk for an nfl player and each player must consider this and injury will clearly affect any deal he’s offered.

If he gets a new deal, one that makes him the second highest paid RB, then he clearly had some leverage.

He had no leverage. If he didn't show up, then he didn't receive credit for a year played and he is right back in the same boat next season. He had no leverage. Jerry did this to facilitate Zeke's needs and that's the truth of it. Zeke would have been in uniform and playing ball this season IMO, either way. To me, there is no question about it.

As far as injury risk is concerned, that's there the minute you put on a uniform. That starts from the first day you decide to play football. So what, what does that have to do with anything? If you are concerned with it, don't play.

Zeke got paid up front to take that risk. That's how he wanted it and that's what Jerry did for him. Then, he turned around and cried about it, after he took the money. Rookie cap for the 4th pick over all is X amount. Zeke is no different. He got the huge majority of that amount before he ever played a game, which is why the amount he is getting now, under the old salary, was so small. He was not under paid at all. Jerry did him a favor by giving him all his money early. He repaid Jerry with this crap. This was his plan from day one IMO. I'm not down with that.

Besides, players can get insurance policies against injury from Lloyds of London. You just got to decide to do it.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
He had no leverage. If he didn't show up, then he didn't receive credit for a year played and he is right back in the same boat next season. He had no leverage. Jerry did this to facilitate Zeke's needs and that's the truth of it. Zeke would have been in uniform and playing ball this season IMO, either way. To me, there is no question about it.

As far as injury risk is concerned, that's there the minute you put on a uniform. That starts from the first day you decide to play football. So what, what does that have to do with anything? If you are concerned with it, don't play.

Zeke got paid up front to take that risk. That's how he wanted it and that's what Jerry did for him. Then, he turned around and cried about it, after he took the money. Rookie cap for the 4th pick over all is X amount. Zeke is no different. He got the huge majority of that amount before he ever played a game, which is why the amount he is getting now, under the old salary, was so small. He was not under paid at all. Jerry did him a favor by giving him all his money early. He repaid Jerry with this crap. This was his plan from day one IMO. I'm not down with that.

Besides, players can get insurance policies against injury from Lloyds of London. You just got to decide to do it.

If you’re concerned with risk don’t play? That’s unrealistic and silly. If you’re concerned about injury weigh the “risk vs reward”. New concept;) then if you have the power—adjust it.

Lloyds of London doesn’t come close to providing what Zeke could and will earn if not hurt.
Go back and look at Jaylon’s. It was far less than I thought and much less total(I’m pretty sure) then what he’ll make next year.

The best player on the team has leverage if that team wants his unique talent on the field. And in this case they likely do.

The Stealers(it’s correct)gambled with Bell and missed the playoffs. I’m sure Jerry won’t chance that unless Zeke’s agent goes way too far.

In a league where the owners have all the power, don’t offer much guarantee on contracts, have taxpayers share their risks by buying them stadiums and then receive very little of the reward, I’ll always be on the players side.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
If you’re concerned with risk don’t play? That’s unrealistic and silly. If you’re concerned about injury weigh the “risk vs reward”. New concept;) then if you have the power—adjust it.

Lloyds of London doesn’t come close to providing what Zeke could and will earn if not hurt.
Go back and look at Jaylon’s. It was far less than I thought and much less total(I’m pretty sure) then what he’ll make next year.

The best player on the team has leverage if that team wants his unique talent on the field. And in this case they likely do.

The Stealers(it’s correct)gambled with Bell and missed the playoffs. I’m sure Jerry won’t chance that unless Zeke’s agent goes way too far.

In a league where the owners have all the power, don’t offer much guarantee on contracts, have taxpayers share their risks by buying them stadiums and then receive very little of the reward, I’ll always be on the players side.
all the part of playing football.

as far as leverage goes, yeah he may be the best talent on the team but it is at a position that many can play average and still a superbowl team they could be. so about leverage, not buying it. Actually The Cowboys could sit on his contract for ATLEAST 2 years, which we all know how valuable the early years are to a RB. Frankly and at this point, I believe Jerry should call that offer the last one he is going to make. Either Zeke accepts it or he sits and earns nothing alwhile getting fined everyday he isn't honoring his side of the contract that HE signed.

Before you come back and reply with the same recycled blah blah babble that don't hold water to all the players who do honor their contracts that they signed, just don't

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
I think this goes on for some time I think you will see zeke after week ten then he will probably be traded in the offseason there are going to be lots of hard feeling by the time this contract stuff is over and I don't think they sign dak or cooper either in fact I think they lose at least two of three

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

You can dance around this all day but doesn't change the truth. As the 4th pick taken in the draft, he has a set salary over the life of the contract, period. That's not up to Jerry or ownership. That's how the CBA and the players set it up. He got his money early and that's the way he wanted it. Jerry did this guy a favor, plain and simple. If Jerry would have wanted to screw this kid, he could have. He could have played him for two more years and then franchised him. He could have locked him up for 4 more years below value and them just traded him or turned him loose. The Steelers have nothing, at all to do with anything. Stop already, we aren't the Steelers. We have talent all over the place, we can bring in another back and be fine, if that's what we wanted to do.

Playing football means you can get hurt, that's why you get paid much more then other folks. You want to complain about the risk, don't play. You want to watch Zeke run the football, then stop whining about a him getting hurt. He got his money. Then he held out while under contract because he was only getting 3.8 this year. Well, he wanted it that way. He wanted his money early. You can't pay him more then what the CBA stipulates. Every step of the way, it has been his way (Zeke's), and Jerry has allowed it. When he didn't report, Jerry offered him more then a fair deal with the third best money for a RB in the NFL and what did he do, he went back to Cabo. Now Jerry has upped the offer. Well, this means that somebody is going to get cut because that's the way it works. We will lose a good player because of this, maybe more. I would not have done it this way but hey, wasn't my decision. But don't come crying to me about how it sucked for Zeke. The only thing that sucked in this entire situation WAS Zeke.

That's just the truth.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

Zeke's leverage is that the Cowboys dont have a RB on the roster that can do what he can do. Sure Pollard can look good in preseason, but can Pollard take the pounding of 30 carries a game against starting NFL defenses? Zeke and his agent are betting no, he cant. If he cant, then that means Dallas has to keep other RBs to lighten the load on Pollard, that means going heavy at the RB position and light at another position. So that extra DL or LB you can keep if Zeke is at RB, now gets cut. Less depth hurts the team overall and could lead to more losses later in the season. I think you get the point.

The real dilemma for the Cowboys is this. Can they win as many games without Zeke as they can with Zeke? If they conclude that no, they cant. Then you see them making contract offers to Zeke. Trust me, there is not a team in the entire NFL that would keep a higher paid player at any position if they concluded they could win just as many games with a cheaper player. That is what is called leverage...……….and Zeke has a lot right now.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
I want a long term plan, not the random good season like 2007 mixed in with a bunch of not good seasons.

If the OLine and Amari Cooper are healthy the offense should be really good even without Zeke.

Pollard can handle a Kamara 14 carry per game plus receiving workload.

Zeke had 20.5 carries per game last season.

The other RBs combined for 3.5 per games.

That's 24 per game for RBs.
Pollard 14
Olawale 2
Other RB 8

If Morris or Weber can't provide 8 quality carries per game, they can find a veteran RB that can.

There might be a couple of cap casualty RBs on cut day or they can likely get something by trading a late round pick.
Best long term plan needs a real head coach

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
You can dance around this all day but doesn't change the truth. As the 4th pick taken in the draft, he has a set salary over the life of the contract, period. That's not up to Jerry or ownership. That's how the CBA and the players set it up. He got his money early and that's the way he wanted it. Jerry did this guy a favor, plain and simple. If Jerry would have wanted to screw this kid, he could have. He could have played him for two more years and then franchised him. He could have locked him up for 4 more years below value and them just traded him or turned him loose. The Steelers have nothing, at all to do with anything. Stop already, we aren't the Steelers. We have talent all over the place, we can bring in another back and be fine, if that's what we wanted to do.

Playing football means you can get hurt, that's why you get paid much more then other folks. You want to complain about the risk, don't play. You want to watch Zeke run the football, then stop whining about a him getting hurt. He got his money. Then he held out while under contract because he was only getting 3.8 this year. Well, he wanted it that way. He wanted his money early. You can't pay him more then what the CBA stipulates. Every step of the way, it has been his way (Zeke's), and Jerry has allowed it. When he didn't report, Jerry offered him more then a fair deal with the third best money for a RB in the NFL and what did he do, he went back to Cabo. Now Jerry has upped the offer. Well, this means that somebody is going to get cut because that's the way it works. We will lose a good player because of this, maybe more. I would not have done it this way but hey, wasn't my decision. But don't come crying to me about how it sucked for Zeke. The only thing that sucked in this entire situation WAS Zeke.

That's just the truth.

Do you see the irony when you accuse me of whining?

Him being worried about getting hurt and missing out on a larger payday is what I speculate that he may be thinking. I don’t really worry about that.

Fact:He is currently holding out for more money.
Very Likely fact:He’ll get more money.

I’d argue that is evidence of leverage.

Now is he taking it too far wanting to be the highest paid RB? IMO yes. But I bet he and his agent don’t care.

You’re right could Jerry paid him two more years franchise etc. Knowing that Zeke could choose to hold out and possibly not play until week 10 or the entire season to try to avoid that. That’s where we are.

What is your argument exactly? That he shouldn’t? Well, he is and I don’t blame him. Are you wanting me to blame him?

ICP

Reaction score
And what if Zeke shreds his knee in the openner against the Giants or gets a career ending injury like Ryan Shazier? Jerry still giving him close to Gurley money?

I doubt it.
I know any player can go down with a significant injury on any play but one of the things I do like about Zeke(other than the obvious talent) is he has proven to be a pretty durable player especially seeing how much Dallas has used him.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Zeke's leverage is that the Cowboys dont have a RB on the roster that can do what he can do. Sure Pollard can look good in preseason, but can Pollard take the pounding of 30 carries a game against starting NFL defenses? Zeke and his agent are betting no, he cant. If he cant, then that means Dallas has to keep other RBs to lighten the load on Pollard, that means going heavy at the RB position and light at another position. So that extra DL or LB you can keep if Zeke is at RB, now gets cut. Less depth hurts the team overall and could lead to more losses later in the season. I think you get the point.

The real dilemma for the Cowboys is this. Can they win as many games without Zeke as they can with Zeke? If they conclude that no, they cant. Then you see them making contract offers to Zeke. Trust me, there is not a team in the entire NFL that would keep a higher paid player at any position if they concluded they could win just as many games with a cheaper player. That is what is called leverage...……….and Zeke has a lot right now.

Maybe they do, maybe they don't, we don't know that yet. You don't know that yet. Then again, maybe we don't need one like Zeke. Maybe, this is how we figure out if we should pay Dak the money he wants? Either way, what you are talking about is Football and I'm good with that but this isn't about Football. If it were, Zeke would be in camp right now. This is about Business and Zeke made it into that kind of situation through his actions.

So you know, I got that point before we ever drafted him and I laid it out then but you didn't listen. Now, we are exactly where I suggested we could be if we drafted this kid. I don't you to tell me what I knew three years ago. That's the truth, like it or not.

Tussinman

Reaction score
That's what makes this funny. Zeke is fighting the cause for running-backs getting screwed yet his current contract is currently 34 million dollars guaranteed.

If Zeke shows up this year and gets a career ending injury his career payout will be almost 34 million dollars to only play 2 full NFL seasons. Almost half that 34 million was also a cash advance before ever having an NFL practice.

It's weird that Zeke and his agent are trying to fight this narrative that does not fig there situation (comes off as forced and fake which is why he's not getting Todd Gurley money).

The fact that he wants 45+ million guaranteed added to an already 34 million guaranteed deal is literally a joke.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
That's what makes this funny. Zeke is fighting the cause for running-backs getting screwed yet his current contract is currently 34 million dollars guaranteed.

If Zeke shows up this year and gets a career ending injury his career payout will be almost 34 million dollars to only play 2 full NFL seasons. Almost half that 34 million was also a cash advance before ever having an NFL practice.

It's weird that Zeke and his agent are trying to fight this narrative that does not fig there situation (comes off as forced and fake which is why he's not getting Todd Gurley money).

The fact that he wants 45+ million guaranteed added to an already 34 million guaranteed deal is literally a joke.

Ummm. You may have a point.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Do you see the irony when you accuse me of whining?

Him being worried about getting hurt and missing out on a larger payday is what I speculate that he may be thinking. I don’t really worry about that.

Fact:He is currently holding out for more money.
Very Likely fact:He’ll get more money.

I’d argue that is evidence of leverage.

Now is he taking it too far wanting to be the highest paid RB? IMO yes. But I bet he and his agent don’t care.

You’re right could Jerry paid him two more years franchise etc. Knowing that Zeke could choose to hold out and possibly not play until week 10 or the entire season to try to avoid that. That’s where we are.

What is your argument exactly? That he shouldn’t? Well, he is and I don’t blame him. Are you wanting me to blame him?

My argument, I don't have one. I'm not arguing anything. I'm telling you the facts. You can accept them or not. Won't change them either way.

Fact, he got paid already and now he don't want to work. That's a fact.

Fact, if he never works another day in his life, he's set for life. That's a fact.

Fact, Jerry has been more then fair with this kid. No reason at all to fault Jerry here. That's a fact.

Fact, he aint worth what he's asking for. None of them are but this kid, he's all wrong here. That's a fact.

Fact, Jerry and the team has said that he would be taken care of. This isn't about the money IMO, it's about the timing. That's a fact.

Now, you do with those facts, what you wish but the one thing you can't do is change them. I'd just trade him and move on, to be honest.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I don’t understand your point about Zeke’s contract because it’s not as if he is the only one that has a guaranteed payout. That’s how it works with long term contracts. However, in the interest of accuracy, Zeke’s contract is $24MM guaranteed, and almost all of it has already been paid. The 5th year is a team option year, and therefor not guaranteed. And he’s played closer to 3 seasons than 2.