Twitter: Now saying they could have Zeke deal done by weekend

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Eaaaaseeeeyy. Eeeeaaaasyyy

Easy tiger:)

You’ve lost me and I’m not sure why you’re seemingly upset with me.

Pretty sure all I ever said was he’s taking advantage of the leverage he perceives he has and that I’m ok with it. That is, I don’t blame him for trying.

Btw the only one of above that is an actual fact by definition is the first one and possibly part of the last one. All the others are “like your opinion man”.

Easy tiger? OK..........

You don't like the facts, I get it. Those are the facts, like it or not. He has no leverage. Jerry could absolutely make this kid sit on the beach all year long if he wanted to. That's just the truth.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Easy tiger? OK..........

You don't like the facts, I get it. Those are the facts, like it or not. He has no leverage. Jerry could absolutely make this kid sit on the beach all year long if he wanted to. That's just the truth.
the better pollard does, what leverage he does have is diminished.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Putting "that's a fact" after each sentence doesn't necessarily make the previous statement a fact.

Perhaps if you used a bigger font or bold print "that's a fact" would be more convincing?

Says the guy who thinks a RB in this league has leverage over one of the most powerful owners in sports.

Your story you tell it and for the record, post it in any font you like. Like I said, your story.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
James Conner had as good a season or better then what Bell ever had. Missing the playoffs had nothing to do with Bell missing.

I also find it funny that you blame Pitt for Bell not showing up and holding out.

As if this is all the Cowboys fault with Zeke.

I also find it interesting how people twist things around in their head to try and justify things.
What did I say that led you to believe that it’s anyones fault.

All that I’ve said is that this is what is happening. These are the facts.

Zeke feels he has leverage to get more money. He’s attempting to use that leverage now.

Also, where did I blame Pitt? What was even close to saying that?

I used Pitt as an example because it is. Whether Bell would’ve made them better or not is speculation as is your take on Conner. Fact is they were a playoff team every year with Bell and he’s regarded by most as top 3 in the league. Conner is not.

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
What did I say that led you to believe that it’s anyones fault.

All that I’ve said is that this is what is happening. These are the facts.

Zeke feels he has leverage to get more money. He’s attempting to use that leverage now.

Also, where did I blame Pitt? What was even close to saying that?

I used Pitt as an example because it is. Whether Bell would’ve made them better or not is speculation as is your take on Connner.

In the end, Bell fell short of getting what he wanted.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
the better pollard does, what leverage he does have is diminished.

Hey Ice, how you been?

I'll be honest, I don't believe Pollard is the guy who can carry the load for the entire season, I don't. That's not against Pollard, that's just looking at a 6'0 210 lbs RB play in the league. Add another 10 lbs of muscle, let him learn how to run with a little lower pad level and maybe. This kid has some talent, I just don't believe he will last and I don't believe he has the strength (yet) to get the tough yards between the tackles. He looks good now and I believe that there is a role for him in Dallas but, I don't believe the Starter is on the team yet, if Zeke is out for the year. And I mean, it could be multiple guys and that's probably the way the Cowboys should do it. The thing for me is that I believe this is a team concept that Zeke is up against. Cowboys learned something from Emmitt IMO. Great, Great, all time Great in Emmitt Smith but at the end, for those last few years, the Cowboys were held hostage chasing a record at the cost of winning IMO. I don't believe the Cowboys want to go back to that. I believe that as an organization, they have come to the conclusion that RBs have a certain value and the team is not going to lose sight of that. If they do break there own rule and go the other way with Zeke, then they deserve what they get but the idea that RB is not the Franchise and is replaceable is what they have demonstrated as the way the team will treat the position.

I think that if Zeke holds out, the Cowboys will go out and get another Back who can give them carries. But that's just my opinion.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Hey Ice, how you been?

I'll be honest, I don't believe Pollard is the guy who can carry the load for the entire season, I don't. That's not against Pollard, that's just looking at a 6'0 210 lbs RB play in the league. Add another 10 lbs of muscle, let him learn how to run with a little lower pad level and maybe. This kid has some talent, I just don't believe he will last and I don't believe he has the strength (yet) to get the tough yards between the tackles. He looks good now and I believe that there is a role for him in Dallas but, I don't believe the Starter is on the team yet, if Zeke is out for the year. And I mean, it could be multiple guys and that's probably the way the Cowboys should do it. The thing for me is that I believe this is a team concept that Zeke is up against. Cowboys learned something from Emmitt IMO. Great, Great, all time Great in Emmitt Smith but at the end, for those last few years, the Cowboys were held hostage chasing a record at the cost of winning IMO. I don't believe the Cowboys want to go back to that. I believe that as an organization, they have come to the conclusion that RBs have a certain value and the team is not going to lose sight of that. If they do break there own rule and go the other way with Zeke, then they deserve what they get but the idea that RB is not the Franchise and is replaceable is what they have demonstrated as the way the team will treat the position.

I think that if Zeke holds out, the Cowboys will go out and get another Back who can give them carries. But that's just my opinion.
i'd have to think at this point they'd *not* rely on a rookie like pollard regardless of how well he plays in pre-season. when cuts start happening i'd guess the cowboys front office will be looking for a good solid vet who can at least be counted on to move forward.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i'd have to think at this point they'd *not* rely on a rookie like pollard regardless of how well he plays in pre-season. when cuts start happening i'd guess the cowboys front office will be looking for a good solid vet who can at least be counted on to move forward.

I only wish! Sadly, I fully believe that this team continues to falsely think that Alfred Morris is a capable option as their starter if this holdout goes into the season.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

I agree Ice. I think the Cowboys, assuming the Zeke deal doesn't work out, will be bringing in another back who can give carries and provide some inside punch. I watch Pollard and he runs a little high. Guys are going to attack his shoulders and make it tough for him to be effective inside. This won't hurt him as much in the open field but as an inside runner, I don't see it at this point. I think he has a little bit to work on there but together with another RB who might be a better option inside, the Cowboys can still have an effective run game.

JMO

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
The 5th year is a team option year, and therefor not guaranteed. And he’s played closer to 3 seasons than 2.

Yes and no. Once the team picks up the 5th year option, it's Guaranteed against injury. If the player is on the roster at the beginning of the season, it becomes fully Guaranteed so yeah, it would be guaranteed, unless of course, if Zeke just doesn't show up. Then it would not be but not because of anything the team did or did not do. That would be all on the player.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes and no. Once the team picks up the 5th year option, it's Guaranteed against injury. If the player is on the roster at the beginning of the season, it becomes fully Guaranteed so yeah, it would be guaranteed, unless of course, if Zeke just doesn't show up. Then it would not be but not because of anything the team did or did not do. That would be all on the player.

But they haven't picked up the 5th year option yet, so what you are talking about is that it can become guaranteed at a point in the future. But it is not as of today, and of course it was not a guarantee that was built into the contract to begin with. In any case, it turned out I missed a little of the context when I made this comment, so it was somewhat aside from the point I was responding to anyway.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
But they haven't picked up the 5th year option yet, so what you are talking about is that it can become guaranteed at a point in the future. But it is not as of today, and of course it was not a guarantee that was built into the contract to begin with. In any case, it turned out I missed a little of the context when I made this comment, so it was somewhat aside from the point I was responding to anyway.

Oh yeah, they absolutely did. Teams have to declare, like in May of the 4th season. Cowboys declared in April of 2019 on Zeke's 5th year option.

Also, the 5th year option was absolutely built in. It's built in to every single 1st round pick, according to the CBA. Now, it's not a part of the Rookie deal but it is built in to every single 1st round pick. That is why teams have to declare in the 4th year, before the season starts.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is not widely known but the last Monday in August is an unofficial federal holiday. Kinda like a Labor Day where everyone works the Monday on the week before the actual Labor Day. So, unofficially, today is part of an extended weekend.

Yep. Gonna stretch this weekend out as LONG as possible. Still have 127 days left this year alone to work with...

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh yeah, they absolutely did. Teams have to declare, like in May of the 4th season. Cowboys declared in April of 2019 on Zeke's 5th year option.

Also, the 5th year option was absolutely built in. It's built in to every single 1st round pick, according to the CBA. Now, it's not a part of the Rookie deal but it is built in to every single 1st round pick. That is why teams have to declare in the 4th year, before the season starts.

I started to disagree, but then I thought better and decided to look it up, and you are correct that the 5th year option has been exercised, and had to be several months back. My mistake on that.

As for the 5th year option being built into the contract, that's true, but I didn't indicated otherwise. What I said was a guarantee of a 5th year was not built in.

Last edited: