Twitter: Now saying they could have Zeke deal done by weekend

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So basically this will be what Marshall Faulk's Cabo trip to "train" Zeke looks like...

tenor.gif

Isnt it hilarious how these clowns try to act like they are helping each other. LOL

Hey Marshall...........come on down to my pad in Cabo. I got a couple hot chicks you can help me with for the weekend. Just make sure you tell the media you are coming down to work me out in case they see you.

Ill be there...............get me a couple 40's and put those chicks on ice for me.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Its pretty ironic that both Zeke and the "pay anything Zeke wants" band both suffer from the same issue.

They simply dont get it...........................

I dont think ANY anti zeke fan has much issues with his on field production. Its the fact that he is a total and complete immature idiot that is one drunken night away from being suspended for possibly a year. It's his lack of leadership.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If your a Cowboys fan you gotta learn to like it. We probably have our best team since 07.
I want a long term plan, not the random good season like 2007 mixed in with a bunch of not good seasons.

If the OLine and Amari Cooper are healthy the offense should be really good even without Zeke.

Pollard can handle a Kamara 14 carry per game plus receiving workload.

Zeke had 20.5 carries per game last season.

The other RBs combined for 3.5 per games.

That's 24 per game for RBs.
Pollard 14
Olawale 2
Other RB 8

If Morris or Weber can't provide 8 quality carries per game, they can find a veteran RB that can.

There might be a couple of cap casualty RBs on cut day or they can likely get something by trading a late round pick.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Its pretty ironic that both Zeke and the "pay anything Zeke wants" band both suffer from the same issue.

I dont think ANY anti zeke fan has much issues with his on field production. Its the fact that he is a total and complete immature idiot that is one drunken night away from being suspended for possibly a year. It's his lack of leadership.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Quit being cute and say what you think the Cowboys should do with Zeke.

ICP

Reaction score

This in a nutshell. I couldn't have put it better myself except to add that they need to put something in his new contract banning that 'Feed Me' garbage. Dumbest celebration/taunt I've ever seen.

I'll also be shocked if he doesn't do something that gets him suspended within the first two years of his contract. Heck, might even happen the day after he signs it.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
This in a nutshell. I couldn't have put it better myself except to add that they need to put something in his new contract banning that 'Feed Me' garbage. Dumbest celebration/taunt I've ever seen.

I'll also be shocked if he doesn't do something that gets him suspended within the first two years of his contract. Heck, might even happen the day after he signs it.

Get off my lawn post of the week

rynochop

Reaction score
I just hope he's in shape..I know he's been working out in Cabo, but cmon. I remember Stephen last year talking how he came into camp heavy

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I think this is true. Market value is a moving goal post, at best. However, in the case of Zeke, his market value should not have been a discussion until 2021. That's the problem as I see it.
I agree, but under the current CBA a rookie contract can be renegotiated after three seasons. Zeke played three seasons under his rookie contract and now is demanding a renegotiation, as is his right under the CBA.

The million dollar question here is why did the owners agree in the CBA that a rookie contract can be renegotiated after three seasons if first round picks have 5 years under contract? They were just setting themselves up for stuff like this.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
He had no leverage at all to be honest. He made a bad choice IMO and listened to some idiot agent who was in his ear. Had he waited for the Dak deal and the Coop deal to get done, I think he probably gets a record deal for RB in another year or two. A deal that probably gives him much more, in terms of contract. I mean, I don't understand all this. When has Jerry ever not taken care of his guys? Jerry does this, to the point of pissing me off at times. He is an owner that does this, sometimes to the teams detriment. Zeke kinda screwed that up IMO. He has a good deal, that's good for him but it would have been better, IMO, if he had just listened to what Jerry had told him. Jerry told Zeke that he would be taken care of but not this season. That was reported.

It is what it is. I hope we don't end up regretting it.

And what if Zeke shreds his knee in the openner against the Giants or gets a career ending injury like Ryan Shazier? Jerry still giving him close to Gurley money?

I doubt it.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
He had no leverage at all to be honest. He made a bad choice IMO and listened to some idiot agent who was in his ear. Had he waited for the Dak deal and the Coop deal to get done, I think he probably gets a record deal for RB in another year or two. A deal that probably gives him much more, in terms of contract. I mean, I don't understand all this. When has Jerry ever not taken care of his guys? Jerry does this, to the point of pissing me off at times. He is an owner that does this, sometimes to the teams detriment. Zeke kinda screwed that up IMO. He has a good deal, that's good for him but it would have been better, IMO, if he had just listened to what Jerry had told him. Jerry told Zeke that he would be taken care of but not this season. That was reported.

It is what it is. I hope we don't end up regretting it.
There is an injury risk for an nfl player and each player must consider this and injury will clearly affect any deal he’s offered.

If he gets a new deal, one that makes him the second highest paid RB, then he clearly had some leverage.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Might even happen the night he celebrates his new contract.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I agree, but under the current CBA a rookie contract can be renegotiated after three seasons. Zeke played three seasons under his rookie contract and now is demanding a renegotiation, as is his right under the CBA.

The million dollar question here is why did the owners agree in the CBA that a rookie contract can be renegotiated after three seasons if first round picks have 5 years under contract? They were just setting themselves up for stuff like this.

I think that this might be true for players who are not first round picks but I don't believe it is true for players who are first round picks. I mean, if it were, then players would not be penalized for holding out if they miss a deadline for reporting while in negotiations. The CBA views it as a holdout.