Now they can’t trade for ET

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
with news of Witten, this takes away our possibility of using 50 for ET.

Need
TE
WR
LG
DT
S
LB
RB

Probably will be hoping to hit on those 6th rounders rather than trading them

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Lmao. They don't need a TE in the high rounds. Not like we are replacing some great TE. Witten was good in his prime but lately, been very meh and hinders this offense.

This is just a silly correlation. Witten retires and now ET is off the table? Sure thing buddy.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I've said for a bit now if SEA wants to get something for ET they are gonna have to take a 2019 pick from me or settle for a 4th rounder.

All that said Dallas has cap space and can hit that late free agency wave for NFL talent.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Wait....

I thought we were wasting Rico by not playing him last year?

dwreck27

Reaction score
This trade will go down for a 3rd...

We will get the BPA at 50 whoever slides... G... TE.. WR... DE.... there will be a nice player or two at 50

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score

Need
TE
WR
LG
DT
S
LB
RB

If Witten does hang it up, then TE is our top need...... but, ET is the most viable usage of the extra cap space.

#50 will be harder to pass on now.... maybe our 4th this year and 2nd next year gets it done. If Witten retires and we don't land ET, I think we are truly in a rebuilding phase.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
IMO, this shouldn't change anything. Witten was too old to not know he needed a replacement. Unless you think that replacement is on the roster.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I've said for a bit now if SEA wants to get something for ET they are gonna have to take a 2019 pick from me or settle for a 4th rounder.

All that said Dallas has cap space and can hit that late free agency wave for NFL talent.

I agree JT. I think they should offer a 2019 3rd or a 4th this year. That's the deal, take it or leave it.

Wood

Reaction score

Need
TE
WR
LG
DT
S
LB
RB

agreed. this is likely rebuild year for Dallas. They need 6 new starters on this team and I don't see them doing that in one draft. What I am most curious about is does Dez & Witten gone give Garrett another free pass if they don't win much.