Now they can’t trade for ET

movaughn88

Reaction score
Wait, what round was Witten selected in again? Haha.

I think we can get a TE w/ our 3rd or one of the 4ths. Where's my man GORICO?

Big_D

Reaction score
Lmao. They don't need a TE in the high rounds. Not like we are replacing some great TE. Witten was good in his prime but lately, been very meh and hinders this offense.

This is just a silly correlation. Witten retires and now ET is off the table? Sure thing buddy.

lol you’re fooling yourself!

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Lmao. They don't need a TE in the high rounds. Not like we are replacing some great TE. Witten was good in his prime but lately, been very meh and hinders this offense.

This is just a silly correlation. Witten retires and now ET is off the table? Sure thing buddy.
Cant use prime picks for non needs with so many other holes. Yes you could use a 5th round pick for TE, but higher quality is needed in a running offense.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
It really doesn't change anything. I mean no disrespect, but there are TEs in the seventh round who can run one yard short of the marker every time. I love Witten and he was Mr. Cowboy, but it was time to move on. His timing blows, but it doesn't have to change anything.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I've said for a bit now if SEA wants to get something for ET they are gonna have to take a 2019 pick from me or settle for a 4th rounder.

All that said Dallas has cap space and can hit that late free agency wave for NFL talent.

I dont think there is any TE left in FA to sign.

Titleist

Reaction score

Don't you know Zoners love to overreact about everything?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
with news of Witten, this takes away our possibility of using 50 for ET.

Need
TE
WR
LG
DT
S
LB
RB

Probably will be hoping to hit on those 6th rounders rather than trading them

You claim safety is a need as well so then not sure why this trade could not happen?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cant use prime picks for non needs with so many other holes. Yes you could use a 5th round pick for TE, but higher quality is needed in a running offense.

I'm not sure the TEs we have left wouldn't be as good as a 5th round or later pick.

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
If Witten does hang it up, then TE is our top need...... but, ET is the most viable usage of the extra cap space.

#50 will be harder to pass on now.... maybe our 4th this year and 2nd next year gets it done. If Witten retires and we don't land ET, I think we are truly in a rebuilding phase.
I wouldn’t say we are in rebuilding phase considering we have other TE’s on the roster who should be willing to accept a new role. We need to utilize whatever TE we positon to start to the best of their ability instead of trying to fill Wittens shoes.

Western

Reaction score
If a quality TE slides to 50, you pull the trigger.
I am not prematurely sacrificing the 50th pick for an aging money hungry ET.

The value of a quality starting TE in the 2nd round benefits this team more long-term than acquiring ET.

Last edited:

Jipper

Reaction score
what makes you guys think they didnt already know this coming into the draft? From what i remember, there were a few tweets saying that there would be another surprise cut after the draft...guessing this was it.

I dont think the strategy has shifted at all.

DFWJC

Reaction score
what makes you guys think they didnt already know this coming into the draft? From what i remember, there were a few tweets saying that there would be another surprise cut after the draft...guessing this was it.

I dont think the strategy has shifted at all.
Of course they knew

agk136

Reaction score
Believe this was released today purposely to get ET at a lower price since we are the only true team looking to get him.