News: Now this is how you handle malcontents who don’t honor the contract they signed

superonyx

Reaction score
Again, people like you need to educate themselves. Teams have a contractual right to terminate the contract early. Players don’t have a right to hold out. But no matter how many times your misconceptions in this regard are corrected you continue to trot out this garbage.
Players do have a right to hold out. Did Luck not have a right to walk away?

These contracts have termination clauses and penalties for the player not performing. Teams can go after part of signing bonus if player doesn’t play.

Why are we acting like a contract enslaves a person.

this is getting dumb.

JBond

Reaction score
No one is arguing a team is committing a crime for not honoring the contract.
We are just saying to call it what it is on both sides.
9 million isn't enough incentive to go to work? Lol.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Again. The "honor the contract" thing is total garbage.

For example, we signed Hurns to a two year 12 mill deal. We cut him after a year.

Yet no one is crying about how the team didn't honor the contract.
Such a bad take.

If you get out of a cell phone contract early pay termination fee. If you breaking a lease on an apartment you play a termination fee. It's exactly the same with NFL contracts.

JBond

Reaction score

These contracts have termination clauses and penalties for the player not performing. Teams can go after part of signing bonus if player doesn’t play.

this is getting dumb.
Lol... slaves. So transparent.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Gordon and Zeke are 2 different situations,one guy cant stay healthy and the other wins rushing titles.

superonyx

Reaction score
If he had guaranteed money in the contract they still have to honor it.
They have years and money in the contract.

Of course they don’t have to honor it...but why argue that they are honoring the contract when the contract contains years and money that the team decides to terminate.

no matter who breaks the agreement it’s still not being honored by either side that breaks it.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Any idea how much Jerry is making per week? He doesn’t even have to suffer brain damage making his.

why are we looking past the billionaires while attacking the millionaires.

Yeah, just go ahead and explain it to us. Start with the Salary Cap though because that's really all that is relevant in this discussion. I mean, it's not as if we haven't been all over this numerous times.

superonyx

Reaction score
Yeah, just go ahead and explain it to us. Start with the Salary Cap though because that's really all that is relevant in this discussion. I mean, it's not as if we haven't been all over this numerous times.
And you still haven’t learned a thing. Dense much?

JBond

Reaction score
That’s not an argument. It just shows your ignorance.
You are the goofball babbling about slavery. I pointed out teams can cut players and you are whining about slavery. Try to think things through before posting.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score

this is getting dumb.

Penalties for holding out (including the requirement to pay back part of the signing bonus) reaffirm the lack of a right to hold out. This is indeed getting dumb. Largely because those on your side of the debate are making dumb arguments.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
How’s it different?

it’s you with the agenda. I’m simply presenting both sides.

the agenda are the ones choosing to attack 1 side. Clearly you can see this.

Can't believe I have to explain this to you, again.

OK, contracts are structured with certain guarantees and certain outs, depending on the deal. A team absolutely honors anything in a contract that is guaranteed in the terms of the contract. Things that are not, the option is there to either end or extend. Everybody knows this and BTW, teams are not the only ones who have these options in contracts. Players also have those kinds of terms available to them and they also use them. Early outs are not just a team thing.

You call it attack, I just say it's a plain lie to say that teams are not honoring contracts.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I love you guys that favor the “get tough” approach. Because that almost always works!:)

superonyx

Reaction score
9 million isn't enough incentive to go to work? Lol.
Again this isn’t an argument you are making.

you say random things that really don’t mean anything.
I’m not trying to be rude my friend.