Now trade Parsons

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Since the Cowboys finally got around to signing Lamb (finally), I think this would be a good time for the Cowboys to begin shopping Parsons. We have him with 2 years left. There are many teams, like the Bears, who would happily fork over 3-5 first round picks for him. We need all the picks we can get for him to try to build.

I think we are entering a time where, after this season, we will be rebuilding and will be giving the next QB a top WR to work with. I don't see how we can allocate a ton of cap space to Lamb, Parsons, and Dak. I think Dak likely walks after this season. As for Parsons, I think the smart thing to do, cap wise, would be to trade Parsons to teams like Chicago, LA Chargers, LA Rams, Denver, etc who will probably give us enough picks to basically turn it into a mini-Walker deal. This will basically allow us to do what we do best (draft) to build up an elite team in the future. Plus, we'd be able to draft a QB who will have a solid secondary, a top WR, a great oline, and a load of picks for the next coach to work with.

Praxit

Reaction score
Since the Cowboys finally got around to signing Lamb (finally), I think this would be a good time for the Cowboys to begin shopping Parsons. We have him with 2 years left. There are many teams, like the Bears, who would happily fork over 3-5 first round picks for him. We need all the picks we can get for him to try to build.

I think we are entering a time where, after this season, we will be rebuilding and will be giving the next QB a top WR to work with. I don't see how we can allocate a ton of cap space to Lamb, Parsons, and Dak. I think Dak likely walks after this season. As for Parsons, I think the smart thing to do, cap wise, would be to trade Parsons to teams like Chicago, LA Chargers, LA Rams, Denver, etc who will probably give us enough picks to basically turn it into a mini-Walker deal. This will basically allow us to do what we do best (draft) to build up an elite team in the future. Plus, we'd be able to draft a QB who will have a solid secondary, a top WR, a great oline, and a load of picks for the next coach to work with.
I see what you're saying it makes sense. And it worked once.
But you're trading a generational player. That might eventually help dallas into a championship

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
lol.

Jerry Jones is not trading Micah Parsons.
1000%.........hell, I'm starting to think he would rather trade Dak than Parsons. Parsons is a generational talent Jerry is taking credit for. There is no way he is NOT getting a 2nd contract from Jerry.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Ignoring the unlikelihood of this overall...

It definitely won't happen this year. His production vs. contract is maybe the best value in the entire NFL. If they're way apart on a deal next offseason and he's holding out, then maybe, but you definitely don't do it now lol

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

They are going to sign all three. They have no intention of letting Dak walk. If Dak walks, you have nothing at QB until 2026. You aren't getting franchise player next offseason. If swapping him out for a rookie or vet then is the plan, its doomed to fail. Wont have high enough draft capital, or quality prospects.

There is no quick turn around moving on from Dak. Moving on from Dak is a commitment to a longer term rebuild. Cowboys aren't going to do that after paying Lamb

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

I'm not a fan of getting rid of Parsons. The objective is 2024. The objective is to win. Parsons gives me the best chance to win in 2024.

And make no mistake whoever we trade him to will be a dominant team and have a great defense. So I get what? Two late first rounders? To do what? Draft the next Taco or next Mazi?

If I do trade Parsons its for a game day pick of a top 10 pick and a future 1st at the minimal.

TexasBacon

Reaction score

You don't sign Lamb, who will be in his prime for the duration of this 4 year deal, and then go into rebuild mode. You sign all 3, manage the cap as best as you can, and try to build your team via roster churning and the draft. They will shed some bigger contracts the next few years between Tank, Martin, etc. They appear to have nailed the draft and have retooled the O-line with all of them on cheap deals for the foreseeable future. They have another year before they need to pay Micah. They've found good safety and LB's on cheap contracts, and the only big defensive contract they currently have is Diggs. Whether or not anyone agrees on Dak being the best option, he's the likeliest option for the Jones'. Signing Ceedee is indicative they plan to ride the course with this group for the foreseeable future. They can always trade him but I don't think that's the plan.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
They are going to sign all three. They have no intention of letting Dak walk. If Dak walks, you have nothing at QB until 2026. You aren't getting franchise player next offseason. If swapping him out for a rookie or vet then is the plan, its doomed to fail. Wont have high enough draft capital, or quality prospects.

There is no quick turn around moving on from Dak. Moving on from Dak is a commitment to a longer term rebuild. Cowboys aren't going to do that after paying Lamb
Exactly. The way Dak's first deal was structured, this team is going to be paying him through 2026 whether he is here or not. I think this is the "existing deal" part Jerry cryptically mentioned last week.

Even giving Dak a two or three year deal at market value gives this team time (and stability) to figure out if they are going to blow this thing up and start over. Either way, with Dak or a new QB, they would have needed Lamb.

Loso86

Reaction score

This is ridiculously idiotic. Yea let's trade our best Defensive player

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm not a fan of getting rid of Parsons. The objective is 2024. The objective is to win. Parsons gives me the best chance to win in 2024.

And make no mistake whoever we trade him to will be a dominant team and have a great defense. So I get what? Two late first rounders? To do what? Draft the next Taco or next Mazi?

If I do trade Parsons its for a game day pick of a top 10 pick and a future 1st at the minimal.
Oakland traded Khalil Mack and Amari Cooper for Josh Jacobs, Jonathan Abrams, and Damone Arnett lol

Talk about seismic