Now trade Parsons

John813

Reaction score
I am not sure they think sometimes John.......lol

Like I get trying to maximize value at times, but it's one step forward signing Lamb, and then 2-100 steps back getting rid of Parsons and Dak.

Especially with how the team builds only through the draft, CDL is going to be out of his prime by the time they get another very good/great passrusher(s) and a competent QB.

Now that CDL is signed, I'm sure they'll focus heavily on Dak now.
I doubt a 80 somehing year old Jerry isn't focused on rebuilding a team that has gone 12-5 3 years in a row. Especially when the core is still youngish.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Exactly. The way Dak's first deal was structured, this team is going to be paying him through 2026 whether he is here or not. I think this is the "existing deal" part Jerry cryptically mentioned last week.

Even giving Dak a two or three year deal at market value gives this team time (and stability) to figure out if they are going to blow this thing up and start over. Either way, with Dak or a new QB, they would have needed Lamb.
I think a key win for them would be to get a deal without an NTC in place. Gives you options at the back end of the deal if you want to move in another direction

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
It all depends on the offer. I would've rather traded Lamb and built the defense, but the FO thought otherwise. IF somebody threw 5 or 6 premium picks including several 1st rounders, I'd have a hard time saying no. That's the type of ammo you need to move up to #1 without compromising the future of the franchise. It gives you the QB of your choice, clears Dak's contract from the books, and leaves you with enough ammo to bring in several difference makers.

Doubt anyone is crazy enough to do it, but Lombardi's are hard to come by, and Micah is a guy that can make all the difference on defense. Intriguing thought for sure.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was talking to some friends and was telling them how a lot of Cowboys fans want to let Micah go or trade him.
These are fans of other teams mostly steelers but also a browns fan.

They said why would you get rid of or trade a generational talent that is still young and getting better? It would make no sense at all.

I said...well, you know some fans. They knew what I meant because they have some similar fans that complain when the team is not good but also want to trade or get rid of it's best players.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
1000%.........hell, I'm starting to think he would rather trade Dak than Parsons. Parsons is a generational talent Jerry is taking credit for. There is no way he is NOT getting a 2nd contract from Jerry.
Dak’s already been offered a contract and will sign soon.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Oakland traded Khalil Mack and Amari Cooper for Josh Jacobs, Jonathan Abrams, and Damone Arnett lol

Talk about seismic
Exactly lol. And you know these type of deals rarely work. Teams rarely get the player or talent they traded off in the draft. If I had questions on Parsons playing here then i'd think about trading him. If i'm rebuilding i'm trading him. This team doesn't seem to have any of those issues. Trading him is stupid.

Those type of trades are not good for your team.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
I was talking to some friends and was telling them how a lot of Cowboys fans want to let Micah go or trade him.
These are fans of other teams mostly steelers but also a browns fan.

They said why would you get rid of or trade a generational talent that is still young and getting better? It would make no sense at all.

I said...well, you know some fans. They knew what I meant because they have some similar fans that complain when the team is not good but also want to trade or get rid of it's best players.

you and the facts are right. How many lombardis did we hoist by keeping Witten? DeMarcus Ware? I mean when you are a team poised to win the SB every year, you gotta keep the talent. you are going places. Thats what Dallas has to do. Being a sub par team, that 1 or 2 player on the team hoists you over and the mantra "its a team sport" makes no sense what so ever. I mean the past 28 years, we won how many? Just last year with Micah on the team we were what? 1 or 2 playes away from the SB? Man, hanging on to those players really gave us the boost we needed.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Like I get trying to maximize value at times, but it's one step forward signing Lamb, and then 2-100 steps back getting rid of Parsons and Dak.

Especially with how the team builds only through the draft, CDL is going to be out of his prime by the time they get another very good/great passrusher(s) and a competent QB.

Now that CDL is signed, I'm sure they'll focus heavily on Dak now.
I doubt a 80 somehing year old Jerry isn't focused on rebuilding a team that has gone 12-5 3 years in a row. Especially when the core is still youngish.
Exactly.......you don't make this kind of investment and start over, especially at the position responsible for getting him the ball (lol). I think it's safe to say they are establishing a new core of young players..
  • Dak
  • CeeDee
  • Parsons
  • Tyler
  • Diggs
  • Guyton
  • Beebe

John813

Reaction score
Exactly.......you don't make this kind of investment and start over, especially at the position responsible for getting him the ball (lol). I think it's safe to say they are establishing a new core of young players..
  • Dak
  • CeeDee
  • Parsons
  • Tyler
  • Diggs
  • Guyton
  • Beebe

Yup. Outside of Dak, everyone is in the early or mid 20's. You don't restart a team, by trading away the 1st and 2nd most important positions on the team, especially when the players are in their prime

Truthfully, if they decided to blow it up, I wouldn't of hated it, but you don't re-sign the #1 WR to top cheddar and then blow it up. Now if Dak wanted crazy money or didn't want to re-sign, you still keep Parsons at this point.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Know what........you don't hear/read a thing about this outside Cowboy nation. 95% is just talk among Cowboy fans, most can't give you a solid reason for trading him, except his personality.
Yeah its gonna be the whole "his podcasts" or "off the field" stuff....which btw, involves a podcast. This guy has done nothing wrong here. Its the most annoying part of this fanbase.

This whole excitement over draft picks so they can have something to look forward to on draft day. Its ridiculous. What so you can win a draft?

We need more from him in the post season. I agree. But the answer isn't to ship him off for a first rounder lol.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I am 100% sure this is the same response you would from damn near 100% INSIDE league personnel, coaches, and players. Probably why we don't hear anything about other than Cowboy fans (lol)

heir

Reaction score

Perhaps, if Jimmy Johnson actually does an actual consult and assist Jones in accomplishing it. I extremely doubt that will ever happen though.
Even Jimmy wouldn't have traded Parsons, no way, no how. He traded an aging RB Who was 28 at the time and had 4-5 years in the NFL plus the years in USFL. Johnson felt he could get more value from the trade.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yup. Outside of Dak, everyone is in the early or mid 20's. You don't restart a team, by trading away the 1st and 2nd most positions on the team, especially when the players are in their prime

Truthfully, if they decided to blow it up, I wouldn't of hated it, but you don't re-sign the #1 WR to top cheddar and then blow it up. Now if Dak wanted crazy money or didn't want to re-sign, you still keep Parsons at this point.
I wasn't against it after the Packers loss. But I needed a full rebuild. Not a "one foot in and one foot out" rebuild. A full commit. If not then yeah build around what you have. Your team is still relatively young. Even Dak is 31 which is about 24 or 25 in NFL years outside of the position.

You re-sign Lamb you need to find the money to re-sign Parsons. You don't have to do it now.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Even Jimmy wouldn't have traded Parsons, no way, no how. He traded an aging RB Who was 28 at the time and had 4-5 years in the NFL plus the years in USFL. Johnson felt he could get more value from the trade.
If Jimmy suggested trading Parsons i'd consider him senile at that point.

John813

Reaction score
I wasn't against it after the Packers loss. But I needed a full rebuild. Not a "one foot in and one foot out" rebuild. A full commit. If not then yeah build around what you have. Your team is still relatively young. Even Dak is 31 which is about 24 or 25 in NFL years outside of the position.

You re-sign Lamb you need to find the money to re-sign Parsons. You don't have to do it now.
Parsons isn't pushing for it now, so rock with him still on a rookie cap hit this year.
Next year I'm sure they'll re-sign him at the same time(end of preseason) they just re-signed CDL lol.

They can easily keep all three. Not sure why some can't get that with the cap blowing up every year and restructuring. Yea, it's going to suck one year, but Dak still is a top 5/10 QB and could play out the 3rd deal still at his current level.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Yup. Outside of Dak, everyone is in the early or mid 20's. You don't restart a team, by trading away the 1st and 2nd most important positions on the team, especially when the players are in their prime

I agree ....Dak is a wildcard
IMO we can still win w/o Dak with ......top defense, good coaching and mid-tier vet QB as his replacement while grooming one for the future.