Now trade Parsons

blueblood70

Reaction score
The one player you might be able to trade on the roster is Bland. The key is how Diggs, Lewis, and Carson perform in the 5 games without him. Then in the offseason you can trade the kid for a haul.
WAS broken foot stops that as of now and we need him this Yera but next sure.,. the internet armchair GM's in here drive me crazy..ughh.

ghst187

Reaction score
How about we just keep the best D player we've had since Ware. He may be brash, but he's awfully dang good.
But only in the same easier games when Dak rolls up his stats…
We hit the playoffs and they both turn into pumpkins….

ghst187

Reaction score
I think if you can get a top QB in the draft (and maybe even more) by trading Parsons…I think that’s where the calculus gets interesting and you really have to consider it.

montgod

Reaction score
If they were going to not retain one of the three players with recent contract questions, Lamb would have been the one to do it with.

What’s easiest to find/replace?

-Top 10 QB
-Elite edge rusher
-WR1

Door #3 can be found in just about any draft between picks 5-20. The other two? Not so much.
Fully agree and was my thinking as well especially after Lamb's performance in the playoffs and his price tag. Obviously, the biggest issue is never having a plan for the future and winging it every year when you need to sign your stars. I don't tihnk anything will change and the FO will continue the true goal of increasing that overall team valuation by re-signing Dak and Parsons, restructure anyone when needed, and only depending on the draft and JAGs moving forward.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
But always keep in mind Jerry only drafts talent, and that is a 50-50 proposition even for 1st round picks. And no one is going to give up 5 1st round picks for Micah or any player. Who has that kind of draft capital to begin with?

What Jerry should have done is get defensive line help for Micah. He needed to get another pass rush threat on the opposite side and someone to push the middle of the pocket to free up Micah and let him do his thing.
I agree with you on the team needs.

I also agree that the OP is not going to see that kind of return on Micah. You might get a 1st and a 2nd, and to me that's enough.

But the fact that Jerry only drafts talent rather than utilizing FA adequately, our best hope to improve our team is to stockpile talent through the draft.

Obviously, the FO should be better with FA. But that's going to be a lot harder now that Lamb and Diggs have been paid with Micah upcoming.

mcmvp

Reaction score
lol.

Jerry Jones is not trading Micah Parsons.
No he won’t…but only because he doesn’t have the GM vision of a Jimmy Johnson (who would’ve strongly considered it and listened to offers). He only thinks of how many Parsons jerseys he can sell, not how else Parsons could be used to make the overall team better

baltcowboy

Reaction score
WAS broken foot stops that as of now and we need him this Yera but next sure.,. the internet armchair GM's in here drive me crazy..ughh.
I don’t think the Cowboys would trade him. I just think if you are going to trade a player on the roster, it would be him. Especially if Carson holds up.