Now trade Parsons

John813

Reaction score
I agree ....Dak is a wildcard
IMO we can still win w/o Dak with ......top defense, good coaching and mid-tier vet QB as his replacement while grooming one for the future.

Just can't roll with someone like Lance(raw). That's my only wish. Unless we are running the triple option next year.

Majic

Reaction score
Until the Cowboys appoint a Bill Parcells type HC who can rebuild the team I wouldn't trust anyone in this organisation with multiple picks.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Exactly lol. And you know these type of deals rarely work. Teams rarely get the player or talent they traded off in the draft. If I had questions on Parsons playing here then i'd think about trading him. If i'm rebuilding i'm trading him. This team doesn't seem to have any of those issues. Trading him is stupid.

Those type of trades are not good for your team.
It took the Rams 5 years to have a winning season after the RG3 trade. And Michael Brockers and Alec Ogletree where only players pick with any picks involved in that trade on team

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Parsons isn't pushing for it now, so rock with him still on a rookie cap hit this year.
Next year I'm sure they'll re-sign him at the same time(end of preseason) they just re-signed CDL lol.

They can easily keep all three. Not sure why some can't get that with the cap blowing up every year and restructuring. Yea, it's going to suck one year, but Dak still is a top 5/10 QB and could play out the 3rd deal still at his current level.
I don't know why people even concern themselves with salary when they don't even know what they are talking about. For starters...we don't even know what the salary cap is so why are people afraid of it lol? We can't afford them...under what salary cap lol? We have no idea what the salary cap is for next year or the year after. Even this year I believe the salary cap was 10 million more than they expected?

jblaze2004

Reaction score
lol.

Jerry Jones is not trading Micah Parsons.
This Jerry loves his guys which is a flaw with him. We never seem to be able to trade someone and get a premium pick or picks in return. We end up signing them to a bloated contract where if they begin to suck we can't even trade them no more. And then we eventually end up cutting them. I am not saying that will happen to Micah Parsons because he has been an animal but that is typically who Jerry operates now. And we have a bunch of Yes men around him who won't push back on anything.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It took the Rams 5 years to have a winning season after the RG3 trade. And Michael Brockers and Alec Ogletree where only players pick with any picks involved in that trade on twam
I think they traded all of their first rounders since goff didn't they? They didn't value first rounders at all. Got a SB out of it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This Jerry loves his guys which is a flaw with him. We never seem to be able to trade someone and get a premium pick or picks in return. We end up signing them to a bloated contract where if they begin to suck we can't even trade them no more. And then we eventually end up cutting them. I am not saying that will happen to Micah Parsons because he has been an animal but that is typically who Jerry operates now. And we have a bunch of Yes men around him who won't push back on anything.
You don't build your team up trading guys like Parsons though. Teams like the Eagles trading guys like Sam Bradford for a 1st rounder.....and Patriots trading older vets for 1st rounders....that's what you do. Chiefs trading Chris Jones would kill that team. 49ers trading Fred Warner would kill that team. There are some guys you trade and some you don't. You trade the guy who's not as good as perceived. For instance, a good guy to have traded was Biadiz last year.

conner01

Reaction score
Since the Cowboys finally got around to signing Lamb (finally), I think this would be a good time for the Cowboys to begin shopping Parsons. We have him with 2 years left. There are many teams, like the Bears, who would happily fork over 3-5 first round picks for him. We need all the picks we can get for him to try to build.

I think we are entering a time where, after this season, we will be rebuilding and will be giving the next QB a top WR to work with. I don't see how we can allocate a ton of cap space to Lamb, Parsons, and Dak. I think Dak likely walks after this season. As for Parsons, I think the smart thing to do, cap wise, would be to trade Parsons to teams like Chicago, LA Chargers, LA Rams, Denver, etc who will probably give us enough picks to basically turn it into a mini-Walker deal. This will basically allow us to do what we do best (draft) to build up an elite team in the future. Plus, we'd be able to draft a QB who will have a solid secondary, a top WR, a great oline, and a load of picks for the next coach to work with.
Why would you trade him now? I get how getting picks to build is a plan whether I like it or not. But the time to do that is when you can use the picks. Not a year before you get the picks

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Since the Cowboys finally got around to signing Lamb (finally), I think this would be a good time for the Cowboys to begin shopping Parsons. We have him with 2 years left. There are many teams, like the Bears, who would happily fork over 3-5 first round picks for him. We need all the picks we can get for him to try to build.

I think we are entering a time where, after this season, we will be rebuilding and will be giving the next QB a top WR to work with. I don't see how we can allocate a ton of cap space to Lamb, Parsons, and Dak. I think Dak likely walks after this season. As for Parsons, I think the smart thing to do, cap wise, would be to trade Parsons to teams like Chicago, LA Chargers, LA Rams, Denver, etc who will probably give us enough picks to basically turn it into a mini-Walker deal. This will basically allow us to do what we do best (draft) to build up an elite team in the future. Plus, we'd be able to draft a QB who will have a solid secondary, a top WR, a great oline, and a load of picks for the next coach to work with.
The Cowboys are all in this season. The time to trade Parsons would be after this season. He’ll be holding out for a huge contract extension next summer. He’ll be looking to be the highest paid non-QB.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Yeah its gonna be the whole "his podcasts" or "off the field" stuff....which btw, involves a podcast. This guy has done nothing wrong here. Its the most annoying part of this fanbase.

This whole excitement over draft picks so they can have something to look forward to on draft day. Its ridiculous. What so you can win a draft?

We need more from him in the post season. I agree. But the answer isn't to ship him off for a first rounder lol.
Honestly, I hate to say it but it's a cultural and jealousy thing. This kid has made ALL-PRO in each of his first three years in the league but has to apologize to fans for not who he is but who he is not.....what they want him to be.

conner01

Reaction score
You don't build your team up trading guys like Parsons though. Teams like the Eagles trading guys like Sam Bradford for a 1st rounder.....and Patriots trading older vets for 1st rounders....that's what you do. Chiefs trading Chris Jones would kill that team. 49ers trading Fred Warner would kill that team. There are some guys you trade and some you don't. You trade the guy who's not as good as perceived. For instance, a good guy to have traded was Biadiz last year.
You certainly don’t trade them a year before you can use the picks you get lol

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think they traded all of their first rounders since goff didn't they? They didn't value first rounders at all. Got a SB out of it.
Washington actually won the NFCE twice before the Rams had a winning season after that trade lol

And Griffin was only QB for one of them. Not even sure if he was still on the team when they won the division with Cousins

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Honestly, I hate to say it but it's a cultural and jealousy thing. This kid has made ALL-PRO in each of his first three years in the league but has to apologize to fans for not who he is but who he is not.....what they want him to be.
Naw you are right man. Its pathetic. All the dude does is competitor and talk football. In his free time at that. We are very fortunate that's the worst you can say about him.

fivetwos

Reaction score
If they have no intention of resigning him, now is the time to trade him.

I sincerely doubt that’s the case.

The guy is an elite rusher….BUT can be schemed out of games by coaches like Shanahan, LaFleur, etc.

They will string it out to where he gets expensive to where it’s just a killer. I have NO idea why they insist on thinking salaries are going down for marketable players.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Sheesh. I don't advise that but it goes against the whole "value draft picks" mantra.
They got some good value in later rounds. And the Ramsey and Stafford trades were good short term investments. Ramsey didnt work out for them in the long run, but he was key to their title run