Now who fights for a roster spot?

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Some of yall thinking bland takes lewis spot a little premature. Why get rid of lewis and keep a scrub like Joseph? That's not good team building letting go of guy and keeping malcontents that can't even play

starfan1

Reaction score
I’m too lazy to go through the whole roster but off the top my head
Cox
Bohanna
are on bubble
Ball should be but the staff seems to like his upside
Joseph should be too but his draft status may give him another year. I’m sure there’s more but just off top of my head

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I’m too lazy to go through the whole roster but off the top my head
Cox
Bohanna
are on bubble
Ball should be but the staff seems to like his upside
Joseph should be too but his draft status may give him another year. I’m sure there’s more but just off top of my head
Joseph's spot isn't safe. I'd say a few spots aren't safe. I'd bet there is a surprise or two, and the proverbial sacrificial lamb, all that.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Joseph's spot isn't safe. I'd say a few spots aren't safe. I'd bet there is a surprise or two, and the proverbial sacrificial lamb, all that.
Yep, with addition of Gilmore and Bland's elevation, Joseph's already slipping down the depth chart, if it wasnt for Brown's injury he may have already gone.....he's certainly on life support, hoping for Fassel to help pump his chest.

ferrispata

Reaction score
I was very disappointed with losing Nick Ralston, yes... However, Leupke is more than an FB, he's a pass catcher, and good in pass protection. I think the RB pass protection will be average without him.
Luepke could be that larger RB we need for short yardage situations? Sorry Zeke.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Some of yall thinking bland takes lewis spot a little premature. Why get rid of lewis and keep a scrub like Joseph? That's not good team building letting go of guy and keeping malcontents that can't even play
Bland as a rookie was better than Lewis at any point in career

blueblood70

Reaction score
Lewis $$$!, now becomes a progress stopper, age, also coming off injury, that was easy.. got to save cap space and have our starting 3, bland is starting with Diggs and Gilmore. we also have others that can compete for sports Izzy, bell, and more..

Lewis and brown are gone, 99% sure of it.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Again, we're not cutting lewis and keeping joseph
Dont think we would. Lewis is still a playable CB with starting experience. Probably couldn't do better at the #4 spot. Joseph is more battling Wright and Scott for the 5th spot. Scott will probably win just because they traded a pick for him and Joseph and Wright were unplayable at CB after 2 years in the NFL

nathanlt

Reaction score
If you cut Odighizuwa, then who is the other starting DT?
I'm ok with keeping Odigizuwa, there were 6 spots left on the 53 I started this post off with.... I just listed the likely keepers, and was opening the subject to other viewpoints.