Signed by Cowboys NT Johnathan Hankins Re-signs

blueblood70

Reaction score
Can’t really pick what round you take certain positions
We reached for taco with that same thinking
Just draft good player
If the best player is a TE or G, just take him
Can’t pick what rounds you want to fill positions or you miss better players at other position
However all thngs being equal in grades and BPA ie its wash then you go Need in this case round 1 =Guard over all else..has to be a clear grade that no doubt its the BPA Like i had Corner both the ones sought after in 2021 when we picked parsons at 12 , all equal, Parsons, Surtain, and Horn. so in that draft at 10 if all 3 were or Parsons and one of Those corner are there, take a Corner. right, they were gone, made it easy.. moving down and getting a third was plus to get top 5 player at 12 and a 3rd!

conner01

Reaction score
However all thngs being equal in grades and BPA ie its wash then you go Need in this case round 1 =Guard over all else..has to be a clear grade that no doubt its the BPA Like i had Corner both the ones sought after in 2021 when we picked parsons at 12 , all equal, Parsons, Surtain, and Horn. so in that draft at 10 if all 3 were or Parsons and one of Those corner are there, take a Corner. right, they were gone, made it easy.. moving down and getting a third was plus to get top 5 player at 12 and a 3rd!
That’s logical
If the BPA or someone close that’s fills a need then that’s the way to pick
I’m just saying take a position in round one, be that G or CB isn’t the way to go just because of the position. Only if one is there who’s close to the BPA
The term BPA is skewed toward some poisons but I suspect teams boards aren’t so skewed
QB’s tend to get higher grades
My fear is drafting for a need rather than just taking good players is that has failed so many times

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I did it once.
Terrible the first minute.
So nice the next 180 minutes. Maybe the next 8 hours since I fell asleep afterwards and had nice dreams.
I remember laughing like crazy to episodes of those guys looking for treasure on Oak Island.
Love that episode, and did it end already for the season, havent seen a new episode for a few weeks now?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Good deal. He is a very nice rotational piece for Quinn to have. That is less expensive than I expected.
Was really surprised at his cost.
First thought was that he has a major undisclosed medical issue.
I know its negative, but that was the first thing that crossed my mind when I saw the number.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Hankins was a great sign. Dude still has game.

I think he wants to win right now.

kskboys

Reaction score
Fans want a big fatty but that guy won’t be in but around 30% of snaps. I impactful 3 could really take the defense to the next level
Hard to find them but they can play many more snaps and have a much bigger impact
Unless you can find a top tier one like Wilfork, Reader, Clark, Vea, the ones who can collapse the pocket. They are very hard to find, but you won't find one if you never try.

kskboys

Reaction score
Can’t really pick what round you take certain positions
We reached for taco with that same thinking
Just draft good player
If the best player is a TE or G, just take him
Can’t pick what rounds you want to fill positions or you miss better players at other position
Taco wasn't a reach. He had a 1st round grade. He was simply a pick that didn't work out.

kskboys

Reaction score
No such thing as BPA w/o any doubt.

You guys act like we're not dealing w/ human beings.

blueblood70

Reaction score
that is what I was thinking, that is awful low, and is probably vet minimum.
how old is he?
at his age and history of not giing you more then 30 snaps id say its inline.. other players like Robinson are asking for way too much like 8mil but they can play close to full games but production doesn't match the pay...

conner01

Reaction score
Taco wasn't a reach. He had a 1st round grade. He was simply a pick that didn't work out.
I didn’t see what some seen. Hill was a more talented player to me, me he didn’t want to be great. Just to lazy

conner01

Reaction score
Unless you can find a top tier one like Wilfork, Reader, Clark, Vea, the ones who can collapse the pocket. They are very hard to find, but you won't find one if you never try.
They are very rare. You have to try but in this draft the cost would be too high. But there are some 3 tech types that may be around after the first. More one dimensional but in a rotation could help the pass rush. Made a pure run stuff could be there later
I just wouldn’t use a high pick on a pure run stuffer

kskboys

Reaction score
They are very rare. You have to try but in this draft the cost would be too high. But there are some 3 tech types that may be around after the first. More one dimensional but in a rotation could help the pass rush. Made a pure run stuff could be there later
I just wouldn’t use a high pick on a pure run stuffer
Keeanu Benton is my guy. Prolly have to take him in the 2nd, tho. Or Jalen Redmond.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Was really surprised at his cost.
First thought was that he has a major undisclosed medical issue.
I know its negative, but that was the first thing that crossed my mind when I saw the number.
I don't care if he uses a wheel chair; cane; or crutches!

I want to see how the Cowboys work in short yardage situations (Red Zone, etc.), against a San Francisco!!

Jipper

Reaction score
In addition to the value, it's nice to see that we are getting more value out of the 6th round pick we traded for him initially...

Got to love trading 5th and 6th round picks for guys like cook, gillmore and Hankins- starters and big contributors....getting a lot of value out of picks that most of the time are middling players