Signed by Cowboys NT Johnathan Hankins Re-signs

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
a lot to unpack here. First off, this was my comment. How can that possibly be misconstrued as me thinking re-signing Hankins was a bad thing? It's about bringing in other good players in addition
"This is awesome news. Still need a couple more DTs via draft or free agency. Can’t just bring back the same old same old and expect better results"
When your 'same old' only played a handful of games and those games showed approvements against the run....then bringing back the same (for the whole season) should well produce better results.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Now that that's out of the way, How about we

RD1 Oline, Big Road grader oline. hopefully a day one starter
RD 2 Big nasty run stuffing Black Hole type of DT
RD 3 RB we gotta replace Zeke Some time
RD 4 Hard hitting LB, Not a finesse type, Fast and Nasty
RD 5 QB Nuff Said
RD 6 OLine Can you have too many ????
RD 7 CB same as 6

My Christmas Wish List for 2023. Santa Bring em early
Nice mock

i like it

now insert names in there :))

Jarntt

Reaction score
When your 'same old' only played a handful of games and those games showed approvements against the run....then bringing back the same (for the whole season) should well produce better results.
So you are good with Gallimore and Watkins being counted on again in a heavy rotation as DTs to get us to the next level? Not me. I won't write off Bohanna because he is still younger and I think he improved last year and without the injury I think he would have been even better, but this DT group needs an upgrade. I for one am not satisfied with them just being better than we were when they really sucked. I'm kind of shocked to read a Cowboy fan being happy with our DT room

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
So you are good with Gallimore and Watkins being counted on again in a heavy rotation as DTs to get us to the next level? Not me. I won't write off Bohanna because he is still younger and I think he improved last year and without the injury I think he would have been even better, but this DT group needs an upgrade. I for one am not satisfied with them just being better than we were when they really sucked. I'm kind of shocked to read a Cowboy fan being happy with our DT room
Osa will be expected to grow and earn the 3-tech extension. Its nothing to do with being happy, it's just life that organisationally we don't see DT as being a major influence....which is evidenced in preferring a DT/DE like Watkins.
Quinn schemes for pass-rush from the edge, or bringing Wilson down (even LVE was pass-rushing), we use the D-Line to facilitate and enable pass-rush, not necessarily to execute.

Creeper

Reaction score
This is a big relief but this is a bandaid on a gaping wound. They need more at DT. I'd lie to see them finally hit a home run at DT in the draft.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Osa will be expected to grow and earn the 3-tech extension. Its nothing to do with being happy, it's just life that organisationally we don't see DT as being a major influence....which is evidenced in preferring a DT/DE like Watkins.
Quinn schemes for pass-rush from the edge, or bringing Wilson down (even LVE was pass-rushing), we use the D-Line to facilitate and enable pass-rush, not necessarily to execute.
Watkins was a DE in a 3-4, not a 4-3
Every team pass rushes from the edge and we were roughly middle of the pack in blitz rate so I'm not sure what you are trying to even infer with LVE and Wilson and the reason we don't get a ton of pass rush up the middle is more talent than scheme

offlimits

Reaction score
The urgency should still be there and Hankins being signed should not change that at all. It's still a big need. Hankins is on a rapid decline.
Perhaps but remember... he will be playing for a new contract somewhere in 2024.

jnday

Reaction score
Good News. That alleviates the urgency of drafting a DT early, but it doesn't mean they won't still draft a good DT early if he's available. It's just a one-year deal.
Signing Hankins should not affect draft plans in the least bit. He is at the end of his career and a replacement needs to be drafted.

kskboys

Reaction score
Especially when that is our biggest area of weakness.

conner01

Reaction score
I am OK if they cycle through big boy 1-techs as long as they take a shot a real difference making 3-tech. can't have just OK at both spots like they did last year.
Fans want a big fatty but that guy won’t be in but around 30% of snaps. I impactful 3 could really take the defense to the next level
Hard to find them but they can play many more snaps and have a much bigger impact

conner01

Reaction score
Now that that's out of the way, How about we

RD1 Oline, Big Road grader oline. hopefully a day one starter
RD 2 Big nasty run stuffing Black Hole type of DT
RD 3 RB we gotta replace Zeke Some time
RD 4 Hard hitting LB, Not a finesse type, Fast and Nasty
RD 5 QB Nuff Said
RD 6 OLine Can you have too many ????
RD 7 CB same as 6

My Christmas Wish List for 2023. Santa Bring em early
Can’t really pick what round you take certain positions
We reached for taco with that same thinking
Just draft good player
If the best player is a TE or G, just take him
Can’t pick what rounds you want to fill positions or you miss better players at other position