Nuggets from Brugler's 2025 initial mock

Hardline

Reaction score
Quinn Ewers is the real deal. He already has an NFL arm .He can make all the throws and is very accurate.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I like a lot of players. We are going to need another QB soon and Ewers is going to be the best one in 2025.
He’ll be one of the better QBs next year in a crap class…might lose his job though.

SoBlue128

Reaction score
I‘ve watched almost every game Quinn played at Carroll as well as at UT and as talented as he is something makes me not trust using a first round pick on him. I just think he is gonna be a boom or bust type player at the NFL level.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
To be honest, Lance is better right now than any 1st round-projected QB. The smart thing would be to do everything possible to hold on to him, especially since he has been in your system for almost two years. They just declined his 5th year option so if it me, I would probably tag him.
would not make sense to pick it up - fields and others are signing for minimum deals he will be happy Dallas even re-signs him and understand his value if he does get on a field for a 3rd contract

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So thats whats going to happen then?
Probably wait until the 2026 draft. We wont be picking top 10 next year anyways. If you move on from Dak, you probably have Rush or Lance(if they resign them) as a bridge in 2025 and hope for a free fall big enough for a top 2 pick

slick325

Reaction score
To be honest, Lance is better right now than any 1st round-projected QB. The smart thing would be to do everything possible to hold on to him, especially since he has been in your system for almost two years. They just declined his 5th year option so if it me, I would probably tag him.
I wouldn't tag him the number will be too high. However, I would extend him at an AAV lower than the 5th year option.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If thats true, it says more about how bad the QB class is than it does about Lance

phildadon86

Reaction score
Probably wait until the 2026 draft. We wont be picking top 10 next year anyways. If you move on from Dak, you probably have Rush or Lance(if they resign them) as a bridge in 2025 and hope for a free fall big enough for a top 2 pick
archie manning?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
If thats true, it says more about how bad the QB class is than it does about Lance
True but they may take their game to another level this season, so I guess have to wait and see. I would still favor Lance ( for our team ) coz the extra year or so he has spent on the bench.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
True but they may take their game to another level this season, so I guess have to wait and see. I would still favor Lance ( for our team ) coz the extra year or so he has spent on the bench.
Ive seen Lance play and I just dont see an NFL QB. And then he couldn't even beat out Darnold his third year. In the modern NFL, if a QB doesnt show he isnt a starting caliber guy in year 3, its probably never happening. Guys like Geno Smith are very few and far between.