Numbers: Claiborne vs. Diggs

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Diggs is more of a ball hawk corner. Don’t think Claiborne was ever touted as a ball hawk corner coming out of college. The rest blame the idiot running the org for trading up

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Diggs is more of a ball hawk corner. Don’t think Claiborne was ever touted as a ball hawk corner coming out of college. The rest blame the idiot running the org for trading up

He was 100% touted as a ball hawk coming out of LSU. They pointed to the fact he was recruited as a wide receiver out of high school and had special ball skills which separated him as a cornerback.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Is Claiborne officially our worst first round draft pick of the last decade or so? Just because of how high it was? If you draft a corner that high, you’re expecting a decade of Pro Bowls. His one year contract his last year with the Boys very reminiscent of LVE’s situation.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Is Claiborne officially our worst first round draft pick of the last decade or so? Just because of how high it was? If you draft a corner that high, you’re expecting a decade of Pro Bowls. His one year contract his last year with the Boys very reminiscent of LVE’s situation.

Claiborne was...okay. I'd say the Taco and Barbie Carpenter picks are worse.

Smashin222

Reaction score
The worst move the FO did was give Rob Ryan two man corners and give up a lot in doing so, then fire Rob Ryan to then hire Kiffin, who was an outdated Cover 2 coordinator.

Yes, that doesn't mean they never ran man coverage under Monte/Rod the year after but I didn't like that they spent money and picks on corners specifically for man then blew up the defense the following year. The only corner that didn't struggle with zone was Scandrick.

This post is so accurate it's giving me flashbacks.