nyc's song of the day

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Thrashers rejoice!

In case you were unaware, the new Anthrax album is out. It's called Worship Music.

IMO, this is the best thing they have put out since Sound of White Noise, possibly since Among the Living. I'm going to the Anthrax, Testament, Death Angel concert in Dallas on Oct. 28th. I can't wait.

My favorite song from the album is a song called In the End. Scott Ian posted on his blog that the song is a tribute to Dimebag and Ronnie James. There isn't a youtube up for it yet but I found it on a foreign site. I have been to this link and haven't gotten a virus so I believe it's safe. If you are skittish just google Anthrax In the End and find one somewhere.

http://www.mojvideo.com/video-anthrax-2011-in-the-end/1b77907d33a33e97eeb9

Then there are two songs from the album up on youtube. I posted the first release, Fight em Till You Can't, a while back and the other one is a song called Devil You Know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT76uz21TNg

Check em out.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Yeah, since seeing Anthrax at the Big Four concert it has been my plan to pick up this album. I just haven't done it yet. They were great in concert. Thank god Joey is back. Anthrax just wasn't Anthrax without him!

Death Angel! That is a throw back! I'm bored! :laugh2:

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Sam I Am;4148128 said:
Yeah, since seeing Anthrax at the Big Four concert it has been my plan to pick up this album. I just haven't done it yet. They were great in concert. Thank god Joey is back. Anthrax just wasn't Anthrax without him!

Death Angel! That is a throw back! I'm bored! :laugh2:

Ya, I'm very glad Joey is back. Not to say I didn't like Bush. Sound of White Noise is probably my second favorite album by them, but Joey was just better.

The new album rocks. You should definitely get it. I was playing it the other day and my 15 year old son, who listens to Five Finger, Slipknot, Rise Against...that sort of stuff, was like "Wow, who is that?" He made me put it on his iPhone and has been playing it non stop since.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
When Death Magnetic first came out, it was definitely better than that crap St. Anger. I still didn't really get into it and for the most part I still haven't. Though, recently I've found two or three songs that I'm really starting to like from it. heh after what? Four years after it's release. :laugh2:

The funny thing is, one day I was sitting at home with my guitar and I had this song in my head but wasn't sure what it was. I figured the primary rift and then figured out that it was Metallica off this album.

[youtube]O2ebXSddHq0[/youtube]

The other two songs I like are Cyanide and The Day That Never Comes.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
How about some Country Heavy Metal.

[youtube]2AZLUohDCGo[/youtube]

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
1988 had to be one of the best years in Heavy Metal history for great albums.

Albums released in 1988
Metallica - ...and Justice for All.
Slayer - South of Heaven
Iron Maiden - Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
Megadeth - So Far, So Good, So What
Anthrax - State of Euphoria
Danzig - Danzig
Guns N' Roses - GN'R Lies

There are a few more that where decent, but these were great.

I would have noted Pantera - Power Metal, but that wasn't exactly anywhere close to being great IMO.

[youtube]-7rpoZE8X8Y[/youtube]

Phoenix

Reaction score
I'm really liking Darkwave type of stuff lately (thanks to Dark Night of the Soul program over at WFMU). Katie Stelmanis of Austra has such an incredible voice. And the twins aren't bad either :D

I plan to see them in Houston here soon on their current tour.

[youtube]k1b3fCr8Co0[/youtube]

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I gotta admit. I'm pretty much heavily stuck in the 80s and early 90s Metal. I never really listen to stuff like Seether, but heard this song today on Sirius' Octane station. It was decent though I do usually prefer a heavier crunch sound. (without distorted vocals)

[youtube]gy8HPSIFXEM[/youtube]

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Phoenix;4188804 said:
I'm really liking Darkwave type of stuff lately (thanks to Dark Night of the Soul program over at WFMU). Katie Stelmanis of Austra has such an incredible voice. And the twins aren't bad either :D

I plan to see them in Houston here soon on their current tour.

[youtube]k1b3fCr8Co0[/youtube]

They're good but some of the stuff sounds a lot like The Knife.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Sam I Am;4190480 said:
I gotta admit. I'm pretty much heavily stuck in the 80s and early 90s Metal. I never really listen to stuff like Seether, but heard this song today on Sirius' Octane station. It was decent though I do usually prefer a heavier crunch sound. (without distorted vocals)

[youtube]gy8HPSIFXEM[/youtube]

Seether is one of the few bands of their type that I really like. I also like Shinedown quite a bit. I can't stand Nickleback.

However, I'm like you with the 80's and 90's stuff. I liked the thrash stuff and some of the hair band stuff. Great time for music.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Heard this yesterday and couldn't get the tune out of my head.

[youtube]Rl6fyhZ0G5E[/youtube]