RELEASED Nzeocha Cut

Plankton

Reaction score
Guy was an overaged player coming off of an ACL injury when drafted, and didn't have much of a football background coming from Germany. Plain and simple, the guy didn't know all of the intracacies of playing linebacker, and at age 28, he's not worth keeping.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I'd be surprised if they brought him back, given his age, injury history and inability to tackle as a LB. For a practice squad spot to hopefully develop a player, there should be plenty of younger players with higher upside available.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nzeocha will be one of those players we will always wonder how good they could have been if they had only stayed healthy.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Guy was an overaged player coming off of an ACL injury when drafted, and didn't have much of a football background coming from Germany. Plain and simple, the guy didn't know all of the intracacies of playing linebacker, and at age 28, he's not worth keeping.
But Will McClay picked him.

Think before you reply.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
He is the example of not putting too much into SPARQ. Dude still has to be able to play football

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
tell me when it's my turn on the handle. I was always first ,so I could be last on the ice-cream churn. it payed off. trust me.

AbeBeta

Reaction score

Really? Most ps guys might give you a handful of good games.

But you only want guys who might contribute long term? On a squad of 10. Genius!

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is the example of not putting too much into SPARQ. Dude still has to be able to play football
He was worth the chance due to size, athleticism and demonstrated play in college.

If he was a high draft pick it would be different, but he wasn't.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Nzeocha's time came and went -- too bad for him but a good thing for Dallas. It happens -- he just couldn't get it together.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
One time he had an interception in the preseason.

That is all.

Plankton

Reaction score
Really? Most ps guys might give you a handful of good games.

But you only want guys who might contribute long term? On a squad of 10. Genius!

At Nzeocha's age, you would expect a player to be more advanced. He also has a torn ACL and torn Achilles in his history. I can't see this guy being a contributor of any kind, and a younger guy such as a Joseph Jones would, IMO, provide more upside. If you think he's worth investing more time in his development, that's your prerogative. I don't agree - I think it would be wasted effort.