RELEASED Nzeocha Cut

speedkilz88

Reaction score
At Nzeocha's age, you would expect a player to be more advanced. He also has a torn ACL and torn Achilles in his history. I can't see this guy being a contributor of any kind, and a younger guy such as a Joseph Jones would, IMO, provide more upside. If you think he's worth investing more time in his development, that's your prerogative. I don't agree - I think it would be wasted effort.
He didn't tear his achilles. He strained it.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
At Nzeocha's age, you would expect a player to be more advanced. He also has a torn ACL and torn Achilles in his history. I can't see this guy being a contributor of any kind, and a younger guy such as a Joseph Jones would, IMO, provide more upside. If you think he's worth investing more time in his development, that's your prerogative. I don't agree - I think it would be wasted effort.

Age doesn't matter unless you are looking at someone to develop long term. The reality of the PS is that for most guys you are looking at someone who could play a few games if a player were hurt - particularly if that's the only guy you have on the PS at that position. Nze is good in that role - plus he's a guy you likely can bounce from ps to the 53 and back again several times throughout the season if needed

Bluefin

Reaction score
Age doesn't matter unless you are looking at someone to develop long term. The reality of the PS is that for most guys you are looking at someone who could play a few games if a player were hurt - particularly if that's the only guy you have on the PS at that position. Nze is good in that role - plus he's a guy you likely can bounce from ps to the 53 and back again several times throughout the season if needed

Agreed.

It wouldn't surprise to see Mark Nzeocha signed to the Practice Squad. He needs lots of practice reps to work on improving, but knows the system and would make sense to get called up in the event of an injury.

I'd also like to sign Joseph Jones or someone similar to the PS, I don't see the need for 3 OL and 2 WR that we are currently carrying.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Agreed.

It wouldn't surprise to see Mark Nzeocha signed to the Practice Squad. He needs lots of practice reps to work on improving, but knows the system and would make sense to get called up in the event of an injury.

I'd also like to sign Joseph Jones or someone similar to the PS, I don't see the need for 3 OL and 2 WR that we are currently carrying.

Gimmie Nzeocha over Jones

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It's normally a mix of developmental players like Rico last year and some that might be immediate injury replacements.

They normally try to have some balance of positions for practice purposes. They seem to like to have WRs on the PS.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
It's normally a mix of developmental players like Rico last year and some that might be immediate injury replacements.

They normally try to have some balance of positions for practice purposes. They seem to like to have WRs on the PS.

Sure. But we'lk only 1 have 1b on the squad if we go with Nz. Given the status of many of the LBs on the 53, that one ps guy has to be able to step in

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
He is the example of not putting too much into SPARQ. Dude still has to be able to play football

All true, but he still out performed Wilbur in preseason. Let's not act like he did nothing good, and this is coming from one of his biggest critics this offseason.