O man skins and their imagination

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
AUDIBLES (WHERE THE READERS ALWAYS WRITE)

In your recent article about running backs, how could you overlook the Commanders? The 'Skins showcase one of the best young backs in the league in Clinton Portis and he has two solid backups in Ladell Betts and Rock Cartwright. This is a team that will not only go deep in the playoffs this year, but perhaps be representing the NFC in the Super Bowl. Give the 'Skins some respect. -- Nikota, Washington, D.C.

And this is a little intresting

Well, I see that you've been suckered in as well
regarding Carolina, especially its running game (or lack thereof). Go back and look at the team rushing statistics from last year, and then consider that the only potential upgrade is DeAngelo Williams. It's a terrible idea to rank a team's running game on the prospects of a rookie running back (not that Williams doesn't have potential; however, his talent does not begin to justify a No. 2 ranking for Carolina's "running" game). Further, I can think of at least 20 running backs in the league who are better than DeShaun Foster (I stopped counting at 20, so I'm not sure exactly how many more it would be). While he may have some talent, he simply cannot stay healthy over the entire season. -- Richard C.; Ray, Ohio.

the full article here
http://nfl.com/news/story/9560415

MossBurner

Reaction score
Good point about the Carolina running game. I think they'll be very strong overall, but they are certainly the flavor of the offseason.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
riggo said:
are you saying portis isnt that good?
You think it just might possibly be the line about "representing the NFC in the Super Bowl?"

Do the math, there are 16 regular season games and 2 post season games yet to be played before that Super Bowl representation can be claimed.

Honestly, it isn't that hard.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Its a random fans opinion.
Really who cares.
I can provide several links on this board alone that seem just as "imaginative", if not more so.

Waste of a thread. Sorry.

As far as representing in the SB, I wouldnt call the prediction anything more reaching than some things I have read here and elsewhere about other teams representing. Several people have talked about the Panthers, Commanders, or Cowboys representing.

yazzmode621

Reaction score
I dont see anything wrong with this. Fans from a lot of teams(Cowboys too) think they have a chance at reaching the Super Bowl. The Skins made it to the second round of the playoffs last year and they have improved their major weakness(WR). I dont see how it is so far fetched to see the Skins in the SB. Based on improvements and their performance last year, how is it ok for Cowboys fans to think that they can make the SB but if a Skins fan thinks this he has a crazy imagination?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
yazzmode621 said:
I dont see anything wrong with this. Fans from a lot of teams(Cowboys too) think they have a chance at reaching the Super Bowl. The Skins made it to the second round of the playoffs last year and they have improved their major weakness(WR). I dont see how it is so far fetched to see the Skins in the SB. Based on improvements and their performance last year, how is it ok for Cowboys fans to think that they can make the SB but if a Skins fan thinks this he has a crazy imagination?
When Cowboys fans announce their representation in the Super Bowl it gets no play as ridiculous or presumptuous at ES?

Dude, we aren't stupid, stop trying to stir crap.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
Really who cares.
I can provide several links on this board alone that seem just as "imaginative", if not more so.

As far as representing in the SB, I wouldnt call the prediction anything more reaching than some things I have read here and elsewhere about other teams representing. Several people have talked about the Panthers, Commanders, or Cowboys representing.

well there wasnt only just the point on the skins, ii just found that funny, there was another point of this thread and that was about carolina, because people want to annoint them also as superbowl repreenters, and i just found that tidbut intresting, next time if u feel its a waste of thread dont waste your post count in it.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Unlike you I have no idea what my post count is.

As far as the Panthers comment. I have been telling you guys that for two damn years. But for some reason some of you actually do believe the media hype.

If this thread was about more than your BS Commanders rub than you simply should have titled it differently then I may have taken it a little more serious.

Whats really "funny" about this fans comment ? Seems to be more substantial and informative than your response to it.

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
When Cowboys fans announce their representation in the Super Bowl it gets no play as ridiculous or presumptuous at ES?

hos, the poster said 'perhaps represent the NFC'.

being that the skins were a dropped INT and a play away from the title game, do you believe thats a stretch?

based on recent history, to say that dallas will 'perhaps' be in the SB is probably more of a stretch. understand that i'm not trying to rip the boys, i'm just saying that theres good reason to think that that skins are close.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
Unlike you I have no idea what my post count is.

As far as the Panthers comment. I have been telling you guys that for two damn years. But for some reason some of you actually do believe the media hype.

If this thread was about more than your BS Commanders rub than you simply should have titled it differently then I may have taken it a little more serious.

Whats really "funny" about this fans comment ? Seems to be more substantial and informative than your response to it.

mt title doesnt change whats in the thread, and what does you knowing your post count have to do with wasting a post replying in a thread that you think is a waste?

And this thread was more about that because of the response, not because of the orginal thread, in fact the portion about carolina is longer than the skins.

And whats really funny, is the fact that he really feels he is gonna make it to the SB with a over hyped group of WR, and old injury waiting QB, and a above average Defense.

But of course you dont follow in line with this statment, and again i was more intrested in the comment on the carolina game, i just couldnt pass up an opportunity to rip the Commanders,

so if you have a problem ES has all your freinds ya know :cool:

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
riggo said:

being that the skins were a dropped INT and a play away from the title game, do you believe thats a stretch?

based on recent history, to say that dallas will 'perhaps' be in the SB is probably more of a stretch. understand that i'm not trying to rip the boys, i'm just saying that theres good reason to think that that skins are close.

they barely lost to a over hyped team, that won in the NFC West for gods sake, and then op top of all that you even put the little girl alexander out of the game, i was actaully expecting you to win, once that little gurl limped her sorry but off the field, but hey i was still happy that you lost :D

1fisher

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
Really who cares.

waste of a thread yet, 3 of the first 5 posters are skins fans???? why "waste" your time opening and RESPONDING... you must have a lot of time to waste!!!!!!:lmao2:

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
AUDIBLES (WHERE THE READERS ALWAYS WRITE)

In your recent article about running backs, how could you overlook the Commanders? The 'Skins showcase one of the best young backs in the league in Clinton Portis and he has two solid backups in Ladell Betts and Rock Cartwright. This is a team that will not only go deep in the playoffs this year, but perhaps be representing the NFC in the Super Bowl. Give the 'Skins some respect. -- Nikota, Washington, D.C.

And this is a little intresting

Well, I see that you've been suckered in as well
regarding Carolina, especially its running game (or lack thereof). Go back and look at the team rushing statistics from last year, and then consider that the only potential upgrade is DeAngelo Williams. It's a terrible idea to rank a team's running game on the prospects of a rookie running back (not that Williams doesn't have potential; however, his talent does not begin to justify a No. 2 ranking for Carolina's "running" game). Further, I can think of at least 20 running backs in the league who are better than DeShaun Foster (I stopped counting at 20, so I'm not sure exactly how many more it would be). While he may have some talent, he simply cannot stay healthy over the entire season. -- Richard C.; Ray, Ohio.

the full article here
http://nfl.com/news/story/9560415

You have a link for proof that the Commanders won't make it to the Super Bowl?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
riggo said:

The word "perhaps" meaning Dragon was wrong? Dude, I don't get lost in semantics and childish hurt over a perceived sleight. As he said, he also included a blurb about Carolina.

You guys are so overly sensitive to anything said that is possibly anti-Commanders that it amazes and amuses me. It's a Dallas Cowboys forum. Why the hell you children can't figure that out is a little mind boggling. There will be no Pro-Commanders agenda here. Get used to it or move on.

yazzmode621

Reaction score
Hostile said:

I'm not trying to stir up crap. I just dont see how it seems so far fetched to think that the Commanders could be in the SB since last year they were a playoff team and have made their biggest weakness a strength.

1fisher

Reaction score
Hostile said:

careful Hos.... there's a WHOLE thread at ES talking about how OUR mods are quick to pull the trigger and ban Skins fans from a cowboy message board...:eek:

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
they barely lost to a over hyped team, that won in the NFC West for gods sake, and then op top of all that you even put the little girl alexander out of the game, i was actaully expecting you to win, once that little gurl limped her sorry but off the field, but hey i was still happy that you lost :D

...and that overhyped team beat Carolina....and then barely lost to the Super Bowl Champions....in the Super Bowl.

It doesn't matter what division they came out of.

They beat the Commanders (who beat us twice). Beat the Panthers. Lost to the Super Bowl Champs.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
yazzmode621 said:
I'm not trying to stir up crap. I just dont see how it seems so far fetched to think that the Commanders could be in the SB since last year they were a playoff team and have made their biggest weakness a strength.

maybe becauyse for like the 3rd time in this thread this is a cowboys forum why in the name of hell would we even think about giving Commanders any repec,t or have any thought that they would do better than us and make it anywhere near the Superbowl, again its amzing how you guys just ignore the freaking obvious