O man skins and their imagination

TheHustler

Reaction score
riggo said:
hos, the poster said 'perhaps represent the NFC'.

It also says "will go deep into the playoffs", which could really only mean the NFC title game at the least, the wild card round certainly isn't deep, and the divisional round isn't deep either.

superpunk

Reaction score
Vintage said:
We sat at home.

So did Seattle before last year. So did Carolina a few years ago. And New England. etc, etc, etc. Each year there is a crop of new playoff teams, I believe the number recently has been at least half being new representatives.

It's not a stretch, no matter how you look at it, pro or con. This year, the Cowboys have every bit as good a chance as the Commanders or anyone else to make the playoffs, last year's performance is irrelevant.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
riggo said:
hos, the poster said 'perhaps represent the NFC'.

being that the skins were a dropped INT and a play away from the title game, do you believe thats a stretch?

based on recent history, to say that dallas will 'perhaps' be in the SB is probably more of a stretch. understand that i'm not trying to rip the boys, i'm just saying that theres good reason to think that that skins are close.

Just want to point out that the Cowboys were two "prayers" and one point from being the team in the playoffs.

And the Commanders were the same from being home watching.

The Commanders have no doubt improved and if they remain healthy, they're a force to be reckoned with.

But in this fan's opinion, injuries and poor kicking derailed last year's playoff run. Both have been addressed this offseason and I think the Cowboys are now the team to beat in the NFC.

:lombardi:

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
So basically... you are just ignorant.

Whether a Cowboys board or not to think that it is so far fetched or "funny" is just ignorant.

If you were more interested in the Carolina blurb you should have addressed that issue first and foremost. Or does you mind not function that way ? A little ADHD or something ?

Weak playoff performances or not the Commanders were ...In the playoffs. And even managed to win a game and be competitive in the second one.

Umm first off, im not ingornat, not one time have i called you anything please do not flame me.

SEcond its not ignorant, once again it is not our job to pormote the Commanders, i for one HATE the Commanders, and i know many of the my fellow fans do to, so i serously doubt we want to say anything postive about you gfuys

No i can title the thread what ever i want, but again my main issue whiuch you still haventy ansered is if you think this is a waste of a thread why are u still here

And again i have yet to take that away from you guys, but in the past few years we've seen many playoff teams go to the bottom of there divsion the next year, so jsut cause you made the playoffs this year, doesnt mean you'll make it again

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
yazzmode621 said:
Once again, you're over exaggerating. I just dont see how it is so far fetched for a skins fan to think that their team can possibly make it to the SB that it deserves its own thread on ANY forum.
I think you guys are trying too hard to be offended. I really do.

It was a rather innocent thread title and immediately Clinton Portis honor was at stake.

Ridiculous.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
superpunk said:
So did Seattle before last year. So did Carolina a few years ago. And New England. etc, etc, etc. Each year there is a crop of new playoff teams, I believe the number recently has been at least half being new representatives.

It's not a stretch, no matter how you look at it, pro or con. This year, the Cowboys have every bit as good a chance as the Commanders or anyone else to make the playoffs, last year's performance is irrelevant.

Oh, no doubt. Parity adds that element.

But before the season starts, its based off of last year's production and speculating.

Of which, I don't necessarily believe it to be far fetched for the Commanders to make the playoffs, go deep, possibly go to the Super Bowl. Is it my prediction? No. I think Carolina does. But I don't find it far fetched if Washington does (compared, say...to St Louis for random example).

I can understand why some media people think Washington will fare well next season. Even if I disagree about how well, I can see the plausibility (is that a word?) in it that doesn't exist, with say, the Saints.

That's all.

And I am not wasting post #1000 on anything Commander related.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Vintage said:

But before the season starts, its based off of last year's production and speculating.

Of which, I don't necessarily believe it to be far fetched for the Commanders to make the playoffs, go deep, possibly go to the Super Bowl. Is it my prediction? No. I think Carolina does. But I don't find it far fetched if Washington does (compared, say...to St Louis for random example).

I can understand why some media people think Washington will fare well next season. Even if I disagree about how well, I can see the plausibility (is that a word?) in it that doesn't exist, with say, the Saints.

That's all.

you should make a thread liek everyone else

superpunk

Reaction score
riggo said:
being that the skins were a dropped INT and a play away from the title game, do you believe thats a stretch?

I believe this is garbage reasoning. I'm sure the fact that Green Bay, Atlanta, the Jets, Chargers, Rams, Vikings and Eagles were all thrilled that they made the playoffs in 04, as they sat home in 05. OTOH, Carolina, who was hit hard by injuries, and tough breaks in 04, made the Championship game last year.

yazzmode621

Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
on a cowboys board its far fetched for the Commanders to go to the SB

on a Commanders board its a fact that the skisn are going to the SB

on any AFC board, its not a far fetched idea the skins are going to the SB

understand yet?

Actually on ES(A Commanders board) there was a thread started like yesterday asking for people's expectations of the skins this upcoming year. A lot of people said that they thought that we'd go 10-6 and make the playoffs. So you're wrong there.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Hostile said:

It was a rather innocent thread title and immediately Clinton Portis honor was at stake.

Ridiculous.
I agree we are supposed to bow down to the skins but they can trash us all they want. :rolleyes:

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
yazzmode621 said:
Actually on ES(A Commanders board) there was a thread started like yesterday asking for people's expectations of the skins this upcoming year. A lot of people said that they thought that we'd go 10-6 and make the playoffs. So you're wrong there.

i've been there, and i've seen more SB threads, and We hate dallas threads, then i've seen oh we're 10-6 and playoffs, dont BS me

yazzmode621

Reaction score
Hostile said:

Ridiculous.

I, for one am not offended. I was just wondering how its far fetched for us to think we can make it to the SB but ok for Cowboys fans to think they can make it to the SB. I basically got 2 responses: This is a Cowboys forum(ok? And I didnt already know that?) and we hate the Commanders here and they aren't going to get any respect from us. I'm still waiting for a response that makes some sense.

superpunk

Reaction score
Vintage said:

Obviously whether you think Washington will return to the playoffs is determined by alot of things. How much do you like their improvements? How much did they improve in relation to their competition? Are their injury concerns - key older players?

At this point, it's not far-fetched to say anyone in the NFC is going to make the playoffs. I'm sure I could make a case for SF if I tried hard enough.

I just hate the baloney "We made the playoffs last year" like this was some sort of amazing accomplishment ensuring future successes. The very fact that they did make the playoffs suggest that they have about a 50-50 chance of making it back next year, based on the trends.

Saving yourself for PT, huh?

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
Umm first off, im not ingornat, not one time have i called you anything please do not flame me.

Not recently you havent. I apowajize. :p: Just messing with ya mittens.

dargonking999 said:
SEcond its not ignorant, once again it is not our job to pormote the Commanders, i for one HATE the Commanders, and i know many of the my fellow fans do to, so i serously doubt we want to say anything postive about you gfuys

No i can title the thread what ever i want, but again my main issue whiuch you still haventy ansered is if you think this is a waste of a thread why are u still here

The thread is titled "O man Skins and their imagination". The first thing posted is about the Commanders fans' comment about the Commanders "perhaps" being and NFC rep in the SB. Therefore you were referring to that comment first and foremost. The Carolina quote was an afterthought. Seems your intention was to bash the Commanders over a fans opinion about something that is quite possible. I am not expecting anyone here to praise the Commanders, nor do I feel that anyone should be expecting it. However to simply make a thread like this and think that it is meaningful is a bit naive.

dargonking999 said:
And again i have yet to take that away from you guys, but in the past few years we've seen many playoff teams go to the bottom of there divsion the next year, so jsut cause you made the playoffs this year, doesnt mean you'll make it again

Over the years many teams have failed to continue along the same route of success. However those teams either faced significant injuries, failed to address their biggest needs, remained complacent during the draft or FA period, or lost key coaches. The Commanders have not suffered any of these things thus far, so to believe that it is so far fetched doesnt make much sense.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
yazzmode621 said:
I, for one am not offended. I was just wondering how its far fetched for us to think we can make it to the SB but ok for Cowboys fans to think they can make it to the SB. I basically got 2 responses: This is a Cowboys forum(ok? And I didnt already know that?) and we hate the Commanders here and they aren't going to get any respect from us. I'm still waiting for a response that makes some sense.

ok lets try this one

on a cowboys board, you find cowboys fans (duh right)

cowboys fans hate the Commanders (duh right)

cowboys fans will refuse to annoit anyone from the NFC east other than themselves SB winners or even competors ( are you starting to grasp yet)

cowboy fans will dismiss and riddcule any fan from the oppisite team, for any belif that they are SB contenders,, whether they are or they arent (if you need furter explanation please refer to the cowboys vs redsksin handbook loacted conviently on amzon.com )

thank you for time.

:D:D

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
yazzmode621 said:
If you'd take off the burgandy and gold sunglasses for one minute you'd discover you answered your own question.

No, I don't think some of you do realize this is a Cowboys forum. You act stunned when Cowboys fans don't see the Commanders as the be all, end all of every discussion. Yet see nothing wrong with the opposite in your own haunts.

It is the nature of fandom, either get used to it or take Prozac.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
yazzmode621 said:
First of all, I'm not bsing you. Here is the link http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160486.

Second, I hate dallas. That should be obvious to you guys as you guys hating us should be obvious to us. Thats what a rivalry is.

wow one thread, i care this much.

i can show you a thread with the exact soem information, but that doenst mean we dont have threds annoting us SB champs, or some of the same fasion. Again dont bS me

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
The thread is titled "O man Skins and their imagination". The first thing posted is about the Commanders fans' comment about the Commanders "perhaps" being and NFC rep in the SB. Therefore you were referring to that comment first and foremost. The Carolina quote was an afterthought. Seems your intention was to bash the Commanders over a fans opinion about something that is quite possible. I am not expecting anyone here to praise the Commanders, nor do I feel that anyone should be expecting it. However to simply make a thread like this and think that it is meaningful is a bit naive.

ok again you missed the my question

if u think this thread is a waste, and naive

Why are you posting in it?

and BTW i posted those tidbits in the order they were on the oginral page, i ddint change anything so Carolina wasnt an after thought, it was just next after the skins tidbit. I mae the title how i did, because i was bored at work, and it made me laugh. :D

superpunk

Reaction score
S&T.....this is a Cowboys fan board. You can't change the world. If people want to make a thread laughing at the silly skins fans, let it be, laugh it off. If I tried to go to a Skins site and lead a crusade every single time a "Dallas Fans are so ********" thread popped up, I'd lose my mind, no?

What's the big deal, really? No need to try to hold back the sea.....