OBJ On The Trading Block?

LifetimeBoysFan

Reaction score
Yeah, I have a hunch the Giants may know they'll be getting shorted a few games with his off field antics this offseason. So I'm betting they're trying to get something for him now since he'll be missing some playing time. Unless the rules of the league are only enforced incorrectly on other teams and not God Dells' wing man Mara.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
How can anyone not want this kind of passion on your football team?

oRVIgeP.gif

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I was going to start a post about this after I read some of the comments going around this morning.

Put me down as someone who believes that Beckham will ultimately be traded.

Between the Giants' needs, the possibility that they could trade down a few spots from #2 this year and get several more picks, and the likelihood that they could get another #1 pick, save $20 million in salary demands, and get rid of a bonehead headache?

I think it makes far too much sense for them to do it.

They can remake a team with many needs in a short period of time and get their cap situation under control in a hurry.

CelticPunk

Reaction score
If I read everything correctly, his cap hit for 2018 is 8.5M. He's an UFA in 2019. I'm not saying we should or shouldn't sign him... just looking at his current contract situation.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I was going to start a post about this after I read some of the comments going around this morning.

Put me down as someone who believes that Beckham will ultimately be traded.

Between the Giants' needs, the possibility that they could trade down a few spots from #2 this year and get several more picks, and the likelihood that they could get another #1 pick, save $20 million in salary demands, and get rid of a bonehead headache?

I think it makes far too much sense for them to do it.

They can remake a team with many needs in a short period of time and get their cap situation under control in a hurry.
If they want to remake their defense and OL, they will need more choices.

I think they could get the Bills to trade up and load up with their two first rounders for certain.

Not sure exactly what Beckham's market would be. I would assume a contending team, not a young team looking to rebuild.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
How can anyone not want this kind of passion on your football team?

oRVIgeP.gif

Instant karma right there.

Guy is a great receiver but not worth a first round pick AND having to pay a HUGE deal. He hasn't made the Giants a special team, what are the chances he can do that for anyone else?

CowboyChris

Reaction score
If I read everything correctly, his cap hit for 2018 is 8.5M. He's an UFA in 2019. I'm not saying we should or shouldn't sign him... just looking at his current contract situation.
has already said he will holdout unless a new deal is made....wants 20 a year