Video: OBJ won't work out?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah if he won't test that knee that's a huge red flag. Still the medical people can determine if it's fully healed without watching him run routes. If he refuses to work out then that sends the messages that he's not close to being ready to play even if he is healthy.. so he wants to collect huge checks while rehabbing. No thanks.. We need a difference maker for THIS postseason run.. not next year or the year after. The future is not promised to any of us..
It all depends on if the offer is from Stephen or Jerry.

Stephen: Spot on the practice squad.

Jerry: 5 years, 150M

McMicah

Reaction score
I’m sorry but if this is accurate then NOPE. I’m ok with a small prove it contract this year, but not long term:
- There are 68 FA WRs after this season, and there will be some good options in the draft.
- Washington might surprise people and earn a contract next year
- Tolberts brain might catch up to his talent and he might surprise people too

Do not blow 20/yr on an aging guy unwilling to show you he still has it

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's not playing this year, seems pretty obvious.

$20m for a multi year deal........move on.

Now........if he signs for the rest of this year plus 1 or even 2 beyond at a reasonable rate (less than Gallup), then maybe play that game for 2023 and 2024 and he's in the building now bonding / learning the playback etc.

I'm OK with that risk.
Two knee surgeries in two years is a huge reason to have concerns about a football player looking for a job who has decided that he doesn't have to run a few routes with Prescot throwing passes to him???????? Yeah, I think the Boys should take a solid pass on OBJ if he isn't willing to run a few routes for a 15 to 20 million contract.

Jerry said it is dependent on his contribution this season.

A player coming off of injury should not workout for 3 or 4 teams in a week. MRI, etc. is more important. He can send a workout video. Probably sent one already.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Jerry said it is dependent on his contribution this season.

A player coming off of injury should not workout for 3 or 4 teams in a week. MRI, etc. is more important. He can send a workout video. Probably sent one already.

WTH? So if he come to Dallas you think he should not workout 3 or 4 times a week? That's what players do! They work out all the time and if the fool does not want to work out, I would show him out. A video? You mean a freaking cartoon.

This DIVA stuff is something Dallas does not need to distract from the team chemistry. If what Fish reported it true then OBJ is a punk.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WTH? So if he come to Dallas you think he should not workout 3 or 4 times a week? That's what players do! They work out all the time and if the fool does not want to work out, I would show him out. A video? You mean a freaking cartoon.

This DIVA stuff is something Dallas does not need to distract from the team chemistry. If what Fish reported it true then OBJ is a punk.
3 or 4 teams...

Injured players should ramp up working with trainers.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
3 or 4 teams...

Injured players should ramp up working with trainers.

He is cleared to workout from what we hear, and he can't go out on the field and run some laps, run some routes, catch some balls, lift a little? The only ramp that I would have him workout is the ramp that leads out of the building.

Diva punk.

vlad

Reaction score
Well when this stupid organization is publicly on their knees for him like a teenager after first action …just pathetic…wouldn’t be surprised at anything our genius Stephen does. This is the dude that drafted a rib with the4th pick,tended him to an asi one contract and as bad as that was it is not hi g compared to drafting and extending jaylon. #cleareyeview

quickccc

Reaction score
Anyone else feels like all this OBJ stuff is a big distraction the Cowboys don't need?

if we are allowing this OBJ to distract us .. that should show us all we need to know about our mentality toughness ...

bad enuff that we're whining to officials .and whining to the media for calls ..awhile being among the very top of NFL in penalties committed. :(

LysleE

Reaction score
If the dude wants $20M he needs to work out; if he can’t than he shouldn’t be peddling his wares; OBJ is trying to get paid on past accomplishments prior to a surgically-repaired knee.
We are 2/3 into the season…what is he possibly going to contribute this year? Even if we make the playoffs, OBJ hasn’t played for at least a year.
Dallas needs to be prudent here…not Jerry’s strong suit.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fisher with more click bait. Shocking.
If the dude wants $20M he needs to work out; if he can’t than he shouldn’t be peddling his wares; OBJ is trying to get paid on past accomplishments prior to a surgically-repaired knee.
We are 2/3 into the season…what is he possibly going to contribute this year? Even if we make the playoffs, OBJ hasn’t played for at least a year.
Dallas needs to be prudent here…not Jerry’s strong suit.

If I'm with a team that is interested in signing him, I would not want him to work out for Giants, Bills and Cowboys. He needs to keep working with a trainer in controlled workouts and then start working with team trainers once signed.

Easy to have a setback if he goes out and runs competitive pass routes right now with 3 teams in a week.

If it a big deal, then agree on the contract but send a team scout to work him out before signing it. He can have his own trainer(s) with him.

LysleE

Reaction score
If I'm with a team that is interested in signing him, I would not want him to work out for Giants, Bills and Cowboys. He needs to keep working with a trainer in controlled workouts and then start working with team trainers once signed.

Easy to have a setback if he goes out and runs competitive pass routes right now with 3 teams in a week.

If it a big deal, then agree on the contract but send a team scout to work him out before signing it. He can have his own trainer(s) with him.

Good points.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’ve been trying to tell everybody, he won’t work out. In more ways than one now.

plymkr

Reaction score
Yeah if he won't test that knee that's a huge red flag. Still the medical people can determine if it's fully healed without watching him run routes. If he refuses to work out then that sends the messages that he's not close to being ready to play even if he is healthy.. so he wants to collect huge checks while rehabbing. No thanks.. We need a difference maker for THIS postseason run.. not next year or the year after. The future is not promised to any of us..
Yes, I'm very concerned he won't work out. Especially for what he is asking as far as salary goes. We need him this season, specifically in the post season. We need to know if he can still play at a high level if he wants to be paid at a high level. If he doesn't work out and show his knee is good for this season then pass. He's not even on the team and he's been a distraction. I don't want a distraction that doesn't produce.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score

Not to talk about it...I can't see the need from the cookie jar that he wants to stick his hands in. But, it's JJ's cookie jar.

loublue22

Reaction score
Well when this stupid organization is publicly on their knees for him like a teenager after first action …just pathetic…wouldn’t be surprised at anything our genius Stephen does. This is the dude that drafted a rib with the4th pick,tended him to an asi one contract and as bad as that was it is not hi g compared to drafting and extending jaylon. #cleareyeview
I agree, it's absurd Jones ever commented on it publicly

TruBlu83

Reaction score
We don't need OBJ. I'm not convinced he's gonna bring anything to the table that we don't already have. He's looking for a pay day and I can't blame him. Doesn't mean it has to come from us.